• Nov 18th, 2012 9:26 pm
Tags:
None
4 replies
Banned
Jun 21, 2005
4231 posts
5 upvotes
go to shoppers home health care, they are a division of shoppers drug mart. i use to work there so if you want info feel free to pm me.
Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 28, 2003
9393 posts
2776 upvotes
Ottawa
Hello, sorry to bump a 5-year old thread but my mom is looking to buy a walker as she has a pretty bad case of osteoarthritis. She is a low-income senior who is receiving Old Age Security benefits and I am just wondering if there is any subsidized program available for low-income (Ontario) seniors when it come to buying walkers.

Or she does not have much of a choice but to purchase a walker at full cost and then include it on her income tax as medical expense?
Please contact for $-saving tips prior to purchasing Mattamy/Monarch homes in Ottawa.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 7, 2002
8195 posts
1940 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
canabiz wrote:
Nov 17th, 2012 8:03 pm
Hello, sorry to bump a 5-year old thread but my mom is looking to buy a walker as she has a pretty bad case of osteoarthritis. She is a low-income senior who is receiving Old Age Security benefits and I am just wondering if there is any subsidized program available for low-income (Ontario) seniors when it come to buying walkers.
She needs to get hooked up with CCAC. Let them bring in an occupational therapist to do an assessment and prescribe a suitable walker. If she goes through them the cost will be $0.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Fanatic
Jun 28, 2003
9393 posts
2776 upvotes
Ottawa
Thank you bylo, I will call the Champlain Community Care Access Centre which is responsible for the Ottawa region tomorrow and get more info about this service for my mom!
Please contact for $-saving tips prior to purchasing Mattamy/Monarch homes in Ottawa.
× < >