Food & Drink

Where to buy xylitol gum/mints in Canada?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 20th, 2013 2:36 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 13, 2003
57 posts

Where to buy xylitol gum/mints in Canada?

I have found a couple of retailers for Xylitol gums and mints in Canada, but they only sell products that are made in China. Given the recent scares about lead in Chinese products, I'd rather not buy a food product made over there.

If anyone knows where I can mints manufactured in the USA or Canada, and sold in Canada, I would love to know. I'm trying to avoid ordering directly from the USA because I don't want to get hit with customs charges.
6 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2005
1037 posts
2 upvotes
Pickering
Do you mean gum that has xylitol as a main ingredient? If so, a lot of them do. Ice Breakers are my favourite, but most of my friends prefer Stride...just look in the ingredients of some different brands.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2007
1191 posts
31 upvotes
You should be able to find Xylitol gums at any Korean Supermarkets. Not sure where it is produced in, but it's possible that they manufacture it here... if not then it is most likely manufactured in Korea, where QC is probably better than China.
[OP]
Nov 13, 2003
57 posts
OceanDrop wrote:
Oct 13th, 2008 2:35 am
Do you mean gum that has xylitol as a main ingredient? If so, a lot of them do. Ice Breakers are my favourite, but most of my friends prefer Stride...just look in the ingredients of some different brands.
Sorry, I should have been more precise. I mean mints/gum where xylitol is the only sweetener (i.e. no aspartame, acesulfame potassium, or other polyols).
Deal Fanatic
Oct 17, 2006
5309 posts
273 upvotes
imsuxok? wrote:
Oct 13th, 2008 5:51 am
Sorry, I should have been more precise. I mean mints/gum where xylitol is the only sweetener (i.e. no aspartame, acesulfame potassium, or other polyols).
I've seen a Korean one, that's actually called Xylitol. Pretty sure korean grocery stores sells them. it comes in a jar. I even seen it at the Shoppers that carries ethnic food
;)
[OP]
Nov 13, 2003
57 posts
molala wrote:
Oct 13th, 2008 6:00 am
I've seen a Korean one, that's actually called Xylitol. Pretty sure korean grocery stores sells them. it comes in a jar. I even seen it at the Shoppers that carries ethnic food
Where is that particular Shoppers located?
May 25, 2008
6 posts
1 upvote
You don't need to buy Xylitol mints or gums from China or Korea.

There is Xylitol gum, Xylitol candy, Xylitol dental products, Xylitol sweetner sugar alternative and even Xylitol nasal spray from a USA company called Xlear. See: http://www.xlear.com/sparx.aspx

Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImage

There are many retailers offering their products in the Greater Toronto Area, Ontario, Canada. The Xlear website shows you were you can buy the xylitol products and lists all the retail locations near you. I did and without even entering my location it showed me what retail stores was near me (maybe because I was signed into my google account), either way it really is impressive!

To check it out, just look for a "Where to Buy" link (button) at the top of the page.

Studies on Xylitol show it reduces tooth decay among other things. Perhaps we can get our kids to brush their teeth longer for the reward of chewing Xylitol gum for 5 minutes to further reduce chances of cavities. (I am thinking of trying this tactic out).
Canadian Business Solutions.
× < >