Tags:
None
Banned
Oct 28, 2010
437 posts
15 upvotes
canada

where can i buy a blind cat?

looking to take in a blind cat. anyone know?
27 replies
Sep 4, 2009
283 posts
253 upvotes
Milton, ON
wth why do you want one
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
21468 posts
4884 upvotes
YUL
are you afraid the pussy wont want you after it sees you?
Sep 7, 2010
596 posts
20 upvotes
Scarborough
This is an odd request.
But the humanes society may have such animals.. they will check to make sure you are suitable to take care of it, though.
Banned
Oct 28, 2010
437 posts
15 upvotes
canada
Wow what the hell is wrong with you guys? I was hoping to adopt a blind cat because I know how hard it must be for the blind cat and most people obviously don't want one so they've probably been in the humane society for a long, long time..
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
rocky_man18 wrote: wth why do you want one

Because sighted cats instantly turn to stone upon seeing him. :lol:
Somebody removed my sig for no reason, without even telling me.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
11318 posts
3867 upvotes
Nowhere
Fatman bob wrote: Wow what the hell is wrong with you guys? I was hoping to adopt a blind cat because I know how hard it must be for the blind cat and most people obviously don't want one so they've probably been in the humane society for a long, long time..

You didn't say you want to adopt a blind cat, you said that you wanted to buy a blind cat. There is a difference. I doubt you'd find one in a pet store. Most people don't set out to get pets with disabilities and particularly one with a specific disability, generally they stumble upon a disabled pet in need. So yes, this is a very odd request which makes people question why you would want a blind cat. If you are interested in helping animals in need, go to your local shelter or animal rescue and ask. A blind cat will need more attention and a safe environment to live in.
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
25310 posts
2536 upvotes
Markham, ON
cats will love you whether you are fat and/or ugly...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
5252 posts
1905 upvotes
Richmond Hill
OP,

No need to buy. Just visit your closest SPCA/Humane Society Branch.

Kudos to you for adopting, btw.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
9295 posts
3156 upvotes
Mississauga
The OP's original post stated he wanted to 'take in' , not 'buy' a blind cat. Theres a difference.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
Raggie wrote: The OP's original post stated he wanted to 'take in' , not 'buy' a blind cat. Theres a difference.

He also said "buy" in that post.

This is a very odd, and disturbing, thread.
Somebody removed my sig for no reason, without even telling me.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
9295 posts
3156 upvotes
Mississauga
You're correct. Its very contradicting.
Banned
Oct 28, 2010
437 posts
15 upvotes
canada
Cheap Cat wrote: You didn't say you want to adopt a blind cat, you said that you wanted to buy a blind cat. There is a difference. I doubt you'd find one in a pet store. Most people don't set out to get pets with disabilities and particularly one with a specific disability, generally they stumble upon a disabled pet in need. So yes, this is a very odd request which makes people question why you would want a blind cat. If you are interested in helping animals in need, go to your local shelter or animal rescue and ask. A blind cat will need more attention and a safe environment to live in.

what the hell is your problem? i didnt mean buy like that. you obviously have to pay for a cat even if your getting it from the humane society. there are shots you gotta pay for.

what is so wrong with me wanting a blind cat? how many threads since mine have you seen on this forum since its existence about someone wanting to take in a blind cat? zero. so dont you think the rest of the human population is the same, passing blind cat by for a 'normal' cat.

i am trying to help a cat who has the unfortunate problem of being blind, and want to take one in. stop with your accusations. my intentions are to help a cat out, that is it. what the hell do you think im going to do with a blind cat then?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
5252 posts
1905 upvotes
Richmond Hill
OP used two terms, take-in and buy.

Us RFDers are pretty anal wrt technicalities. Take-in/adopt vs buy are two very different concepts. Though OP has a point wrt adoption fees - which is akin to "buying"/"paying for".

But since he's trying to give a helpless animal a new life (benefit of the doubt here), lets cut him some slack. I would rather see him get some helpful feedback here to allow him to adopt a kitty, than not and an animal without a potential home.

OP - any SPCA or humane society will do. You can also browse petfinder.com and look for shelters around your postal code.

Good luck, and thanks for doing this.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2006
1511 posts
31 upvotes
kennyhohoho wrote: Are you planning on training it to be the next daredevil?

I really don't understand why you would want a blind cat. I'd imagine it would $hit all over the place.

Cats can use their sense of smell from anywhere in the house and eventually make it back to their litter box if they've been trained to go there.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12805 posts
3477 upvotes
Fatman bob wrote: what the hell is your problem? i didnt mean buy like that. you obviously have to pay for a cat even if your getting it from the humane society. there are shots you gotta pay for.

what is so wrong with me wanting a blind cat? how many threads since mine have you seen on this forum since its existence about someone wanting to take in a blind cat? zero. so dont you think the rest of the human population is the same, passing blind cat by for a 'normal' cat.

i am trying to help a cat who has the unfortunate problem of being blind, and want to take one in. stop with your accusations. my intentions are to help a cat out, that is it. what the hell do you think im going to do with a blind cat then?

If your intensions are indeed noble, have you considered the commitment level needed for a blind cat? Normal cat proofing won't be enough... you may have to alter parts of your house (like blocking off stairs). Do you have any experience raising pets? Especially those with special needs? Pets will special conditions do spend much more time at shelters for two reasons... one, you mentioned that most people would rather get a fully functioning healthy cat. The other reason is because organizations like the Humane Society won't just give you a blind cat just because you want one. They screen all applicants and it's unlikely you will qualify unless you are an experienced handler of pets with special needs.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)