Fashion & Apparel

Where can I buy a Braun 9290cc or 9295cc in Canada?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 6th, 2017 6:23 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2011
2168 posts
888 upvotes
Toronto

Where can I buy a Braun 9290cc or 9295cc in Canada?

I've looked everywhere, but I can't find a regular store or regular online store that will sell it. I've only seen it for a ridiculous markup from some reseller on amazon.ca.
Not even Braun's site seems to sell it in Canada, we seem to be stuck with the older model, which is several years old.

I was hoping someone had an idea of a store that could carry it.
9 replies
Jul 9, 2017
2 posts
I've been looking for it as well for few days now. I only found it on ebay.ca on which I made an order. I will let you know once it arrives (unless it was a scam) :)
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
10487 posts
1612 upvotes
Ottawa
what's the difference between the series 9 models sold in Canada and the one you're looking for? I notice this a lot with certain products, they withhold certain models in Canada that are available elsewhere, usually to prevent comparison shopping.
Honey, I can't go to bed yet. Somebody is wrong on the Internet!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2011
2168 posts
888 upvotes
Toronto
I ended up calling a store that specializes in razors. They will only start selling it in Canada in the fall, even though it's available in the US and Europe right now. The main difference is that the 9290 is an update of the 9090, which fixes a problem with the razor head where it had the potential to fall apart. Braun does however sell the updated razor head in Canada, so buying the 9090 with the new 92S gets you almost the same razor.
Sep 25, 2013
1 posts
Toronto
joeyl wrote:
Jul 21st, 2017 6:35 am
The main difference is that the 9290 is an update of the 9090, which fixes a problem with the razor head where it had the potential to fall apart. Braun does however sell the updated razor head in Canada, so buying the 9090 with the new 92S gets you almost the same razor.

I just talked to a Braun rep from the customer service department and they told me that some of the internal seals and o-rings were changed when they went from the 90** series to the updated 92** series shavers. Apparently they do not recommend the 9090, 9093 or 9095 shavers for use with any shaving products such as foam or gel because this can cause some problems and those shavers (9090, 9093 and 9095) are not "fully" wet and dry capable.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
1540 posts
754 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
I have a 9095 shaver and need to change the head soon. Where's the cheapest to get the new razer head? Thanks!
Current Fido customer.
Ex Koodo customer. Beware of their tactics.
Jul 9, 2017
2 posts
About 2 weeks now using 9295cc shaver and unfortunately, I'm so disappointed.

I first got the 3 series back in April which was ok but a bit slow and tricky on the neck. Was what actually encouraged me to go for the 9-series assuming a superior performance with the claimed 5 cutting elements. I can definitely say, the 3 series was much better. I totally don't understand why I pay such premium for a worse performance (or same at best).

The 9295 is missing flat hairs not only on the neck but even on very easy areas like the cheek. Something that even the 3 series was picking up very easily which I regret returning.

What made even worse, now that I already used the money back guarantee program returning the 3-series, I discovered that I can't return the 9295cc one. After I already bought the new shaver and while I was inquiring about the refund of the 3-series over the phone, a recored message mentioned that the money back program can only be used once per household. It was never mentioned anywhere and was not even mentioned when I returned the 3-series one. Called customer support and after a 40 min call, escalations and waiting on hold, trying to explain that it was never mentioned anywhere and that I wouldn't have returned the first one before trying the 9-series, their final response was "we're sorry but we can't do anything about it". I could have even lost this one if I didn't discover such rule by total coincidence and just shipped it back right away.

Now I'm stuck with a frustrating shaver that I paid about CAD450 for. Total disappointment and frustration.

Anyways, I wouldn't recommend buying the 9-series at all. Complete waste of money. The 3-series was giving even better performance.

To be fair, the only advantage I can think of, the head of the 9-series should last longer (18-month is claimed). While the 3-series was supposed to last 3-months or so as far as I recall. To me, given the price difference (both the shaver and the head), still doesn't worth or justify the premium price of the 9-series.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
6625 posts
922 upvotes
Seems to be common with the new "high end" shavers, I had a similar experience with a Philips Artiec (?), very expensive paper weight now.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
10487 posts
1612 upvotes
Ottawa
seems like all these shavers are going backwards. I have a 8 series Philips and the new replacement heads are worse than the original head it came with. I do prefer my Philips to the Braun 7 series I had before, way better at catching stray hairs than the Braun shaver
Honey, I can't go to bed yet. Somebody is wrong on the Internet!
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
18983 posts
119338 upvotes
GTA
Overall, these high end shavers do not last and are not worth the $$. Not only do they cost a lot up front, but consumables/replacement parts are expensive as well. I used to use them because I had sensitive skin and would get nicks quite easily if I used a manual razor, but then I tried using higher quality shaving cream with razors and now have a better/closer and cheaper shave.

Electrics have their place in terms of convenience in certain situations, but if I were to buy another, I personally would never go top-end ever again.