Home & Garden

Where can I buy the Coil Heating Element for my stove?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 31st, 2006 11:10 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2005
2743 posts
606 upvotes

Where can I buy the Coil Heating Element for my stove?

Anyone know where I can buy the round coil heating element for my stove?
8 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
8744 posts
1836 upvotes
London
[rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=24]Canadian Tire[/rfdlink], Rona, Home Depot
Nov 24, 2005
697 posts
7 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
Crappy tire is where I got one for my stove. They also carry the oven element and new dials. Cheaper than a repair shop.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2005
2743 posts
606 upvotes
thanks for the reply all...just to confirm, are they all universal, is there any one better than the other? The stove is less than a year old, but I didn't expect the element to come apart.
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2003
4062 posts
27 upvotes
yea, they are universal. I even saw some chinese store selling one specially design for WOK. It is a curved heating element instead of a flat one.

On the other hand, if you stove is under a year old, that should be cover under warrenty?
/* My Heatware */ #define BITCOUNT(x) (((BX_(x)+(BX_(x)>>4)) & 0x0F0F0F0F) % 255)
#define BX_(x) ((x) - (((x)>>1)&0x77777777) - (((x)>>2)&0x33333333) - (((x)>>3)&0x11111111)) ...really weird C code to count the number of bits in a word Hacking RAID in XP Support Net Neutrality Canada
Jun 26, 2006
439 posts
4 upvotes
Ontario
I have a GE stove and I got my elements from a GE supplier. We bought an element from Cdn Tire and it didn't work (heat up) my stove so we had to buy it from a supplier. Eventhough all elements are universal but it may not necessarily work for all stoves.
"Don't think of yourself as an ugly person, just a beautiful monkey." :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2003
4062 posts
27 upvotes
delphine wrote:I have a GE stove and I got my elements from a GE supplier. We bought an element from Cdn Tire and it didn't work (heat up) my stove so we had to buy it from a supplier. Eventhough all elements are universal but it may not necessarily work for all stoves.
really? Eventhe connector looks the same? And do you have a multimeter that can measure the resistance on the heating element? Humm.. this is interesting to know.

And how much more expensive is buying from GE (vs CanTire)?
/* My Heatware */ #define BITCOUNT(x) (((BX_(x)+(BX_(x)>>4)) & 0x0F0F0F0F) % 255)
#define BX_(x) ((x) - (((x)>>1)&0x77777777) - (((x)>>2)&0x33333333) - (((x)>>3)&0x11111111)) ...really weird C code to count the number of bits in a word Hacking RAID in XP Support Net Neutrality Canada
Jun 26, 2006
439 posts
4 upvotes
Ontario
Yup, the Cdn Tire and the GE supplier's elements looked the same. Everything looked the same but the one from Cdn Tire just didn't heat up. Odd, eh? Anyways, I can't remember how much Cdn Tire's cost. GE's supplier's element cost us about $30 each (that's for the bigger element). Here's a link to GE's Parts & Accessories Store:
http://www.myapstore.com/Omega/Dispatch ... =anonymous
"Don't think of yourself as an ugly person, just a beautiful monkey." :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2006
3615 posts
49 upvotes
There is also small specialty store at HW7/Keele which sell parts for appliances (stoves, fridges, washers etc.) It's more for repairmen/contractors though, so the more you buy, the lower the price.