Request-A-Deal

Where can I buy letter writing stationary!

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2012 11:39 pm
Tags:
None
May 12, 2003
656 posts
22 upvotes

Where can I buy letter writing stationary!

I didn't think it would be this hard, I haven't been able to find anywhere that sells what I am looking for. Basically looking for nice lined paper sheets with matching envelopes. Papyrus only has unlined paper, staples has nothing, indigo has nothing either. I am at a loss, anyone with ideas where I can get this in the GTA?
12 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
7247 posts
651 upvotes
Toronto
Yes I would suggest Michaels.

You may also want to check your local Post Office inside the Shopper Drug Marts. Some of them sell the fancy letter writing paper.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2008
4673 posts
718 upvotes
BC
Around here, the charity thrift shops have lots of lined writing pads and envelopes - donated by people who lost the art of letter writing - like me.

High volume retailers are not going to stock things in limited demand just to be nice.
Deal Expert
Jun 11, 2007
15335 posts
1678 upvotes
Burnaby
Try Chinatown? I used to find those matching letter + envelops in Chinatown.
Prize Won: (2014) Huawei Mini Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
(2013) $1155 Boutique Studios/TaylorMade Golf Commemorative bag/Books/Movie Tickets
(2010-2012) $200 Movie Tickets/Shell Gift Card/DVDs/Mini Basketball.
http://my.cutetaffy.com http://my.cutetaffy.com/
May 28, 2012
8887 posts
1502 upvotes
Saskatoon
Home Sense and Winners probably have stationery sets. I buy my thank you cards with matching envelopes from there. Some of it may be kind of "flowery", so not sure if that suites your tastes. Michael's would be a good place...and Walmart likely has a small section too.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2005
1528 posts
176 upvotes
Burnaby
You are looking for something that's non-existent. Fine writing stationery is never lined.

If you find you need lines to keep your writing neat, what you do is purchase writing paper that is very light-colored and/or thin. Make up a line-guide sheet on your computer with dark, bold lines at regular spacing, then print it off and put it underneath the sheet of stationery when you write.
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2004
3954 posts
115 upvotes
Toronto
Wanna give Write Impressions Inc a try?
1515 Bayview Av East York, ON M4G 3B5‎
h2o- a.k.a. 阿水 (Ah Sui)

Items 4 sale: Comp. | Cell. | Misc. | Auto
[OP]
May 12, 2003
656 posts
22 upvotes
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone.

I tried Michaels, but they only have cards and nice paper. I've seen lined ones before, in fact I'm holding some from which someone wrote to me on, so I know they exist. I've checked Papyrus already as well and they don't seem to have lined either. I tried Winners in Markham, no luck there. I've tried the various One's around Markham (asian gift store) but they have some but too kiddie for me.

h20, I will try Write Impressions soon, thanks for the tip.
Dec 29, 2011
18 posts
3 upvotes
just do a google search for lined stationary- lots and lots of places to buy!
[OP]
May 12, 2003
656 posts
22 upvotes
charbarry wrote:
Oct 18th, 2012 1:51 pm
just do a google search for lined stationary- lots and lots of places to buy!
This actually inspired me, I used Etsy! there are lots of great choices on Etsy which were exactly what I was looking for :)
Jan 15, 2005
133 posts
6 upvotes
I used to work at Staples while back, they do have a special order catalog where you can order a lot of things, free shipping, only catch is you have to pay up front, note many associates dont know about this method of ordering, they actually used to order from Ingram micro so give that a try. Things may have changed in the last 7 years though.
× < >