Food & Drink

Where can I buy Mcdonald's breakfast sausage patties?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 1st, 2012 3:59 am
Tags:
None
Banned
Jul 26, 2009
4315 posts
661 upvotes
Toronto

Where can I buy Mcdonald's breakfast sausage patties?

I love Mcdonald's breakfast sausage mcmuffin, and I've been looking for the patties everywhere but can't find them.

I then realized that Ikea's $1 breakfast serves the exact same kind of meat except in sausage form.

Where I live now doesn't have an IKea, only Metro + RCSS, so do either of these stores sell the Ikea/Mcdonald's sausage/patty?

If not, does M&M sell it?
i5-3570K 3.4GHz | ASUS DCII 7850 2Gb
8Gb DDR3 1333MHz | 128GB HyperX SSD + 1Tb HDD
Gigabyte Z77-DS3H | Ultra 650W PSU | Dell 22" 1920x1080 LED
The proud owner of a brand new ASUS T100!!!
34 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2007
1100 posts
73 upvotes
Pretty well every grocery store will have a Maple Leaf sausage patty, which seems to be very very close. I tend to cook them a little more than McD's does theirs and toast my english muffin more as well.
Feb 18, 2011
96 posts
22 upvotes
Agreed, they are nearly identical to Maple Leaf sausage patties. They come in a red box a bit longer than a standard pencil case and are usually found in the freezers with doors near the open deli freezers of most grocery stores. Generally in places where you find boxed chicken wings or hors d'oeuvres, and usually not with the main frozen food section. Once, I even found them up near where they keep fish! Different stores, different spots.

They are tasty. I call them counterfeit egg mcmuffins, and they're a real hit the morning after a night's vigorous socializing. Don't forget to break the yoke of whatever egg you use in a small frying pan for that authentic taste!
[OP]
Banned
Jul 26, 2009
4315 posts
661 upvotes
Toronto
Yeye you guys rock!!!
Oh and I eat anything for breakfast, lunch and dinner, so this is going for my dinner :D (I'll have wings for breakfast)
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26994 posts
4199 upvotes
Any other alternatives to Maple Leaf?

I refuse to buy anything from them since their listeriosis outbreak fiasco.
[OP]
Banned
Jul 26, 2009
4315 posts
661 upvotes
Toronto
DJ_Peanuts22 wrote:
Jul 30th, 2012 10:51 am

http://www.johnsonville.ca/product/brea ... rounds.php

Is the above the same as Mcdonald's mcmuffins? Or are those different?
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2009
4984 posts
524 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
DJ_Peanuts22 wrote:
Jul 30th, 2012 10:51 am

Is your head in the sand? Maple Leaf had a problem with one multi-use machine in one plant, and fixed it years ago.
They have paid heavily, and done their time.

Packard
Ask the man who owns one!
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2007
1100 posts
73 upvotes
jayt90 wrote:
Jul 30th, 2012 1:40 pm
Is your head in the sand? Maple Leaf had a problem with one multi-use machine in one plant, and fixed it years ago.
They have paid heavily, and done their time.
There's likely no competitor that would be safer. ML paid the price and can't afford to pay it again, so I'd think they have updated/improved procedures since the issues of the past.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17602 posts
732 upvotes
Brampton
It would be nice if there was a simple way to replicate the egg, egg mcmuffins are definitely one of my guilty pleasures and as far as I'm concerned, breakfast is the only edible food McDonalds even produces

Why these idiots still don't do 24 hour breakfast is beyond me... They say it's because the grill needs to be a different temperature , but why can't they afford 2 grills? They're McDonalds for *****s sake

End rant
come troll our unofficial chatroom at #redflagdeals on EFnet
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2007
1100 posts
73 upvotes
duckdown wrote:
Jul 30th, 2012 7:34 pm
It would be nice if there was a simple way to replicate the egg, egg mcmuffins are definitely one of my guilty pleasures and as far as I'm concerned, breakfast is the only edible food McDonalds even produces

Why these idiots still don't do 24 hour breakfast is beyond me... They say it's because the grill needs to be a different temperature , but why can't they afford 2 grills? They're McDonalds for *****s sake

End rant
Get a couple of egg rings and you're good to go.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
43189 posts
3035 upvotes
Toronto
duckdown wrote:

End rant
I agree, I like their breakfast but their fries I like also!
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2010
1698 posts
73 upvotes
Barrie
duckdown wrote:

End rant
I really wanna +1 this, but if they had 24 hour breakfast... I'd gain some serious weight lol but they should at least extend it to like 2pm. Its hard to get to a McD's by 10:30 am after a night of drinking.

Their breakfast is awesome tho... so damn good

Now I want hashbrowns :(
× < >