Personal Finance

where can i buy a walmart gift card other than at walmart??

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 5th, 2012 11:19 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jun 22, 2009
105 posts
6 upvotes
Oakville

where can i buy a walmart gift card other than at walmart??

Does anyone know any locations (other stores) you can purchase a walmart gift card aside from a walmart store itself??

Thank you in advance,

Gtown
11 replies
Apr 8, 2006
328 posts
20 upvotes
Shoppers sells lots of various gift cards. Not sure specifically about wal mart though.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
2550 posts
82 upvotes
ebay
3350 + Postive Ebay Feedback - Trusted Seller
MicroSd Cards .. 1gb/2gb/4gb/8gb/16gb/32Gb - Dirt Cheap PM Me
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
1619 posts
394 upvotes
I don't think Walmart allows them sold anywhere else. Occasionally, they pop up at cardswap.ca

I'm curious as to why you don't want to buy them at Walmart? They allow you to buy with credit card, and most Supercenters are classified as grocery stores in case you get bonus points.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2006
3220 posts
169 upvotes
Markham
RubberCheese wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2012 5:07 pm
I don't think Walmart allows them sold anywhere else. Occasionally, they pop up at cardswap.ca

I'm curious as to why you don't want to buy them at Walmart? They allow you to buy with credit card, and most Supercenters are classified as grocery stores in case you get bonus points.
probably OP wants to buy it by certainly giftcard or prepaid card and WM doesn't accept it
Deal Addict
May 2, 2007
3015 posts
260 upvotes
I avoid walmart like the black plauge. I would give my mother a giftcard to walmart ($200 or so) as gift and if I could buy them at shoppers I would.
[OP]
Jun 22, 2009
105 posts
6 upvotes
Oakville
I have been looking online to find out if scotia visa considers walmart supercenter a grocery store but all i can find is a list from 09. And walmart is not on it.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
1619 posts
394 upvotes
gtown324 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2012 7:16 pm
I have been looking online to find out if scotia visa considers walmart supercenter a grocery store but all i can find is a list from 09. And walmart is not on it.
If Walmart is close by, why not make a small purchase there with your Visa and then check online to see if you got the bonus points? In 2009, very few Walmarts were Supercenters - it was once they added grocery that they became considered "grocery stores". My local Walmart converted last year, and shortly afterwards, my MC considered it a grocery store.

I don\t think you're going to have any luck buying Walmart cards outside of Walmart.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
3320 posts
348 upvotes
Toronto
gtown324 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2012 7:16 pm
So basically you want to shop at Walmart, but you're worried you won't get the bonus points, so you want to do it by buying a Walmart gift card at a store that does offer bonus points?
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2012
1119 posts
323 upvotes
Oakville, ON
My BMO MasterCard classifies the WalMart that we frequent as "Groceries". (Trafalgar & Dundas, Oakville)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
6205 posts
733 upvotes
super centre walmarts are usually classified as grocery, while regular wal marts are not
× < >