• Nov 18th, 2012 9:32 pm
Tags:
None
Mar 22, 2012
48 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto

Where can i buy washing soda

I've looked in home depot, walmart, and food basic for arm & hammer washing soda.
Anyone know where i can buy this? (Please keep in mind that this is washing soda and NOT baking soda
10 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2004
3127 posts
265 upvotes
Toronto
I've seen it in a number of grocery stores over the years -- Metro and Loblaws for sure.
Is this for actual laundry use, or some other application?
Dec 28, 2008
563 posts
100 upvotes
Rural Ontario
Best bang for the buck is Nellie's which you can get online at Costco. http://www.costco.ca/Nellie’s-Bulk-Laun ... 34416.html

Cheers.
"The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Build model airplanes!" says the little fairy, well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off your dresser and your daughter's knocked up, I've seen it a hundred times." - Tommy Boy.
[OP]
Mar 22, 2012
48 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Nope. Neilles is not washinh soda it is laundry soda

Washing soda is sodium carbonate. I need this for an application that enhance the flow of ampere (or should) for my experiement.

Ive checked metro and they only have arm and hammer baking soda :(
Jun 12, 2008
611 posts
60 upvotes
Ripley
Our Zehrs (Loblaws brand) carries it. If you can't find it ask if they can order it in for you. It is a blue box called So Clean.
Feb 3, 2012
32 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
No Frills carry the Arm & Hammer brand called "So Clean"
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2008
1177 posts
29 upvotes
Sarnia
Another brand is 20 Mule Team borax,, been around for a century in the laundry aisles.
Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding. Proverbs 17;28
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2002
5722 posts
508 upvotes
Washing soda is sodium carbonate.
20 Mule Team Borax is sodium borate.

They are completely different.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2008
1177 posts
29 upvotes
Sarnia
I stand corrected then
Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding. Proverbs 17;28
Dec 28, 2008
563 posts
100 upvotes
Rural Ontario
I too learned something new.
"The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Build model airplanes!" says the little fairy, well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off your dresser and your daughter's knocked up, I've seen it a hundred times." - Tommy Boy.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2004
3127 posts
265 upvotes
Toronto
If you don't need a high grade of purity, "pH Plus" pool additive (found at any Home Depot, etc.) is a technical grade of sodium carbonate.
× < >