• Jan 2nd, 2011 3:27 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
May 8, 2003
246 posts
21 upvotes

Where can I find Canadian Tire's Holiday Hours

Website says call store. Called store. Machine picks up and only mentions the regular store hours. I went yesterday (31st) after supper and it was closed. I assume it is closed today too. So can a person actually find out the stores holiday hours? I must be missing something because what business would not publish this information?
17 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2010
1307 posts
56 upvotes
Burlington
Uh, the holidays are over. Hence, no holiday schedule.
[OP]
May 8, 2003
246 posts
21 upvotes
Uh are you talking about Christmas? I am talking about New Years Eve, Day and all other holidays or closures. To help you understand my question here is an example of what I am talking about.

Costco.ca
http://www.costco.ca/service/featurepag ... o=10334059

Note they closed at 5PM yesterday, closed today but will resume regular hours on Sunday. It varies by province. It lists the entire year.
Jan 13, 2004
969 posts
46 upvotes
Mississauga
Anathem wrote:
Jan 1st, 2011 10:43 am
Uh, the holidays are over. Hence, no holiday schedule.

The Op is right CT never had one to begin with,I couldn't find one on boxing day.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2010
1307 posts
56 upvotes
Burlington
ells wrote:
Jan 1st, 2011 11:25 am
Note they closed at 5PM yesterday, closed today but will resume regular hours on Sunday. It varies by province. It lists the entire year.

I guess you didn't look to closely at that Costco link because it only shows holiday hours from Nov-Dec 2010.

Costco can probably get away with a standardized holiday hour list because of their corporate structure but the four CT stores closest to me don't even keep the same regular business hours, so how could the website be expected to list holiday hours for every store across Canada? That's why they are posted publicly at the store or you call to find out. And again, when the holidays are over, there is no holiday schedule, hence no reason to have holiday hours.
[OP]
May 8, 2003
246 posts
21 upvotes
The Costco site lists the relevant holidays which was the point I was making to you. Do you understand?
or you call to find out
Your defense of CTC is admirable but you need to read the entire post. As I explained I also called the store in question looking for the answer. The answering machine did not mention the hours other than the regular ones. So I have to wait until the store opens to find out. Which defeats the purpose.

I called a few other CT stores and I got various messages. One said they would re-open Sunday at 9AM. That is a start. However, there is no standard message.
And again, when the holidays are over, there is no holiday schedule, hence no reason to have holiday hours
Right. I suspect the reason is lack of foresight and planning by individual CT stores.

Thanks to the other poster for confirming for me.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2010
1307 posts
56 upvotes
Burlington
ells wrote:
Jan 1st, 2011 12:17 pm

Your defense of CTC is admirable but you need to read the entire post. As I explained I also called the store in question looking for the answer. The answering machine did not mention the hours other than the regular ones. So I have to wait until the store opens to find out. Which defeats the purpose.

I called a few other CT stores and I got various messages. One said they would re-open Sunday at 9AM. That is a start. However, there is no standard message.

Look OP, its really not my problem that you lack the basic mental capacity to understand that there is no holiday schedule when there are no holidays, or the holidays are over. I was at a CT store this week and they had their holiday hours posted at the entrance. If for some reason you're desperate to know when they were open in the past maybe if you ask politely they'll let you go dumpster diving for those flyers. There is no standard message because each store is independently operated. Again, it is not my problem that you lack the basic mental capacity to understand this.

My advice would be to avoid any further embarrassment to yourself and just stop posting and just go to CT tomorrow when they open at their normal Sunday time.
[OP]
May 8, 2003
246 posts
21 upvotes
You advice is not necessary. Actually I don't feel embarrassed in the slightest. Why should I? My question was valid. You on the other hand are determined to make a case for CT not making this information available. And you keep insisting about holidays being over. Well guess what Monday is a holiday for some. Is a store opened or closed? And most people don't care to drive to a store to see if it is open. Open your discussion just a little. People either check the website or call. With some stores it appears it is not possible to find this information outside of business hours.

Also, there is no need for insults. You know what they say about people who have to resort to insults in a discussion.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2010
1307 posts
56 upvotes
Burlington
ells wrote:
Jan 1st, 2011 12:48 pm
My question was valid.

And I answered it. It is not my problem that you cannot accept reality.
[OP]
May 8, 2003
246 posts
21 upvotes
the holidays are over
Wrong! The holidays period extends to Monday. Some businesses are opened Sunday/Monday others are closed.

But my post was originally based on what I observed the 31st and the 1st.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1034 posts
158 upvotes
Kanata
Anathem wrote:
Jan 1st, 2011 12:28 pm
Look OP, its really not my problem that you lack the basic mental capacity to understand that there is no holiday schedule when there are no holidays, or the holidays are over. I was at a CT store this week and they had their holiday hours posted at the entrance. If for some reason you're desperate to know when they were open in the past maybe if you ask politely they'll let you go dumpster diving for those flyers. There is no standard message because each store is independently operated. Again, it is not my problem that you lack the basic mental capacity to understand this.

My advice would be to avoid any further embarrassment to yourself and just stop posting and just go to CT tomorrow when they open at their normal Sunday time.

The holidays were not over at all. Many places have a different schedule for the time around Christmas and New Years. In fact, today was New Year's day, which is a holiday. A lot of places don't go back to regular hours til Monday.
Jun 29, 2009
147 posts
10 upvotes
Wrong! The holidays period extends to Monday. Some businesses are opened Sunday/Monday others are closed.
I think the point Anathem is trying to make is that the reason why Canadian Tires answering machine told you the regular hours is because they are going back to regular hours on sunday. It's not unual for a manager to change the answering machine back to regular before leaving on the 31st, it's usually assumed most retail locations are closed new years anyways.

Your asking why they're not listing holiday hours now and failing to realize that prehaps it's because they're no longer on holiday hours and back on regular hours.
[OP]
May 8, 2003
246 posts
21 upvotes
Your asking why they're not listing holiday hours now and failing to realize that prehaps it's because they're no longer on holiday hours and back on regular hours.
OK but aside from this thread how do I (or the general public) know they are back on regular hours? An assumption? I try to avoid doing that. Normally when I leave an OOF message I don't change it back until I return to work. But I admit my local CT does things differently.
Jun 29, 2009
147 posts
10 upvotes
OK but aside from this thread how do I (or the general public) know they are back on regular hours? An assumption? I try to avoid doing that. Normally when I leave an OOF message I don't change it back until I return to work. But I admit my local CT does things differently.
The only way is to call the store. At that point, you can either assume the hours the machine claims is current and correct or you can call them back at the next time they're suppose to be open to confirm. Otherwise they don't (at least for the stores near me) list their holiday hours anywhere on their website.

An exception would be the CT at the Eaton center, which apparently had their holiday hours posted on the Eaton center website:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... =firefox-a

The only thing you can really do is fire off an Email to CT and suggest they post their holiday hours next year.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2010
1307 posts
56 upvotes
Burlington
Euroae wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2011 12:23 am

The only thing you can really do is fire off an Email to CT and suggest they post their holiday hours next year.

Or, you know, use common sense. I realize that's in short supply around here sometimes but the effort should be made where possible.
× < >