Cell Phones

where can I get the cheapest cellphone plan ?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 14th, 2013 3:32 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 12, 2012
161 posts
24 upvotes
MONTR

where can I get the cheapest cellphone plan ?

used prepaid for many years and I am tired with it since it always deduct money you don`t even know why so I guess it`s the time for me to move from prepaid to plan now, I would like to know where can I get the best cellphone plan, I am currently using an iPhone 4s so I will need internet...and I would want to keep my original number...anyone suggestion?
10 replies
Jan 18, 2012
10 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
I Would go for Fido.get the lowest data plan and jailbreak your iPhone. Download app called "3G unrestrictor", this app will allow you to use unlimited 3g data. I have it for 3 months and Its perfect. Search on google.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2009
1829 posts
310 upvotes
Nova Scotia
Koodo has the $60 plan w/ 1GB of data and unlimited calls/txt: https://shop.koodomobile.com/plans/plans/index.html

You can bring your phone and save 10% off the plan, so $54.

Koodo always has a few promo plans for more data that you can switch to as they become available.

You can keep your number by porting to any provider.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
4279 posts
409 upvotes
Thornhill / North Yo…
Koodo's $45 plan in the link above isn't bad either. 500 MB data with $5 per extra 250 MB.
Oct 27, 2010
35 posts
Richmond
Have you tried calling into FIdo customer service and asking for the retentions department? Worth a try if they can pull up your records to show that you have been with them. That way they will be able to offer you a better plan.
Dec 20, 2007
305 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
I called fido retention about my mom rate plan. the best they can offer was 25$ for 200min, 1000 min after 6pm, call id, unltd txt.. it's pathetic cause I told her we re offered 22$ from bell with more features. Well this gives you insight to how they retain.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2005
4737 posts
1328 upvotes
urvinpatel wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 10:07 pm
I Would go for Fido.get the lowest data plan and jailbreak your iPhone. Download app called "3G unrestrictor", this app will allow you to use unlimited 3g data. I have it for 3 months and Its perfect. Search on google.
worst advice ever (wrong too)
Jul 31, 2008
17 posts
2 upvotes
BenK wrote:
Feb 13th, 2013 9:38 pm
worst advice ever (wrong too)
+1. That app just lets you download huge data files on 3G but you will stay pay for it.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 26, 2006
5023 posts
492 upvotes
Toronto
OP, you should prob. give us more info about your usage. Also you say best and cheapest, it's tough to have both to say the least.
Aug 13, 2012
451 posts
133 upvotes
ilovedeals320 wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 9:49 pm
used prepaid for many years and I am tired with it since it always deduct money you don`t even know why so I guess it`s the time for me to move from prepaid to plan now, I would like to know where can I get the best cellphone plan, I am currently using an iPhone 4s so I will need internet...and I would want to keep my original number...anyone suggestion?
Which prepaid service do you use? I have used 3 (Rogers, Telus and now Koodo) prepaid and all of them allowed me to see EXACTLY where my minutes and data went... I don't think that should be a reason to move to a contract... but if you want to, that's okay of course.

You can keep your original number with all providers. As others said, please give more details on your calling and data usage, it is pretty hard to give advice based on what you posted!
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
11693 posts
5128 upvotes
Toronto
icemasta wrote:
Feb 14th, 2013 10:19 am
OP, you should prob. give us more info in your usage. Also you say best and cheapest, it's tough to have both to say the least.
no kidding.

It's like saying I want the best but cheapest Ferrari