Off Topic Archive

Locked: Where Can I Tour A Plant (ONTARIO) ?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 31st, 2011 10:38 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 4, 2006
778 posts
5 upvotes

Where Can I Tour A Plant (ONTARIO) ?

Hey guys, for a class assignment I need to tour a plant but don't really know where I can.

It is a college level assignment and documentation can be provided. And I kind of do have to be able to take some photos of the plant.

I've tried Roots but they kind of stopped replying to my e-mails and I looked into Toyota but another group is already touring their plant (this means that anything in the auto industry is out).

Thanks for your help, everyone. Much appreciated. I look forward to hearing your recommendations LOL.
(:
Share:
36 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2006
9867 posts
577 upvotes
Calgary
Steel plants in Hamilton?
RFD Users who tell it like it is and aren't sheltered by society's wet blanket:
Syne, a-tree, Shaner, Peckerwood, Anonymouse, Cas77, arisk
arisk wrote:
Oct 15th, 2011 7:45 pm
Banning proper use in a forum such as this simply perpetuates the problem by reinforcing the perspective that all uses of a word are negative.
KorruptioN wrote:
Oct 29th, 2010 9:11 pm
She must be better than all of us real men, at any cost. Feel like talking down to people who don't fit in her narrow-minded demographic? She's got it in spades.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2007
6978 posts
651 upvotes
Toronto
Is it a group assignment, or are you going to tour alone?
[OP]
Aug 4, 2006
778 posts
5 upvotes
xalex0 wrote:
Mar 8th, 2011 9:44 pm
Is it a group assignment, or are you going to tour alone?

group
slowtyper wrote:
Mar 8th, 2011 9:45 pm
Also, http://www.steamwhistle.ca/tour/tourInfo.php (this one is relatively small, but its cheap, unlike my earlier suggestion)

Plus you get beer.

haha ive been there.. to be honest though, the tour is somewhaat limiting . and by that, i mean you dont get to see enough that you'd need to see to do well on this assignment LOL ): thanks for the recommendations though, that first link would be almost perfect if it were free.. or cheaper >_<
(:
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2004
12701 posts
938 upvotes
Toronto
There are a whole bunch of other car manufacturers here. Why not call up Ford?

I'm pretty sure there's a firearms manufacturer somewhere in Toronto if you're not doing it because the other group is.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2008
2277 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
Try Colt Canada in Kitchener, they make our assault rifles and machine guns.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 2, 2008
9743 posts
428 upvotes
Call molson. I did a tour there through the link I provided (my company paid for it), however they might have tours for other purposes just like steamwhistle.
[OP]
Aug 4, 2006
778 posts
5 upvotes
koalorka wrote:
Mar 8th, 2011 10:22 pm

haha, thanks man. i shot them an e-mail. perhaps i'll call tomorrow too.
(:
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1714 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…
The GM foundry in St Catharines would have been interesting, but it's been dismantled and shipped off to China. It was once the largest foundry in the Commonwealth and churned out tank parts during WW2. There may be similar facilities in Oshawa, or perhaps closer to the GTA.
12 months for condemning rape. 6 months for calling violent thugs "nasty". WTH? Is this IS?
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
21622 posts
257 upvotes
Mississauga
koalorka wrote:
Mar 8th, 2011 10:22 pm

I would be really surprised if they gave tours to the public....security concerns being what they are.

My company which processes payrolls (yawn!) used to give tours to the public but we stopped a couple years ago.

A brewery was my thought as well.
Thanks for the memories, RFD.
Good-bye.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1714 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…
stealth wrote:
Mar 8th, 2011 11:53 pm
A brewery was my thought as well.

Along similar lines, a winery in Niagara. Or perhaps a fruit-canning plant. Probably off-season for that though.
12 months for condemning rape. 6 months for calling violent thugs "nasty". WTH? Is this IS?
× < >