Tags:
None
[OP]
Apr 24, 2015
123 posts
14 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON

Where is Deal Discussion subforum.

So I'm trying to find this forum on this site, but I can't seem to find it. I'm not talking about "On Going Deal Discussion" subforum. Anyone know how I can access it?

Forum>Deal Discussion?

This is what I mean. amazon-ca-today-only-seagate-expansion- ... st22335719 you see at the top left it say Forum>Deal Discussion>Amazon.ca: Today Only, etc... I accidently stumble upon it while clicking on the deal page at the homepage.
7 replies
Sep 26, 2010
422 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto
oo2k15 wrote:
Apr 29th, 2015 1:14 am
So I'm trying to find this forum on this site, but I can't seem to find it. I'm not talking about "On Going Deal Discussion" subforum. Anyone know how I can access it?

Forum>Deal Discussion?

This is what I mean. amazon-ca-today-only-seagate-expansion- ... st22335719 you see at the top left it say Forum>Deal Discussion>Amazon.ca: Today Only, etc... I accidently stumble upon it while clicking on the deal page at the homepage.
You've discovered our (not-so-secret) secret! The Deal Discussion forum is the backend for comments on deals. For example, this is the deal attached to the thread you mention: http://www.redflagdeals.com/deal/comput ... 0-was-176/

Threads often get created automagically upon first comment of a deal, so not every deal will have a post.

From memory, I think we hide it from display for 2 reasons. 1) It's not particularly useful to most users. The really good deals are already being discussed in Hot Deals anyway, and 2) it just duplicates the content on www.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2003
2366 posts
397 upvotes
Edmonton
Definition: Than
A conjunction used to introduce the second element of an unequal comparison: She had better grammar than I.
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
10189 posts
833 upvotes
Vancouver
tylerversion2 wrote:
Apr 29th, 2015 9:37 am
Threads often get created automagically upon first comment of a deal, so not every deal will have a post.
automagically? That's a GREAT word!
Jul 5, 2004
23700 posts
3204 upvotes
Wow, I didn't even know that part of the site existed
Sep 27, 2003
9516 posts
2257 upvotes
Newmarket
Shaner wrote:
Apr 29th, 2015 8:02 pm
Wow, I didn't even know that part of the site existed
It's automagical
RFD Forums Moderator
[OP]
Apr 24, 2015
123 posts
14 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
tylerversion2 wrote:
Apr 29th, 2015 9:37 am
You've discovered our (not-so-secret) secret! The Deal Discussion forum is the backend for comments on deals. For example, this is the deal attached to the thread you mention: http://www.redflagdeals.com/deal/comput ... 0-was-176/

From memory, I think we hide it from display for 2 reasons. 1) It's not particularly useful to most users. The really good deals are already being discussed in Hot Deals anyway, and 2) it just duplicates the content on www.

Yeah I noticed that too. But there's great deal on that forum that I haven't seen before or deal that I miss regardless if duplicates. If you compare the "Hot Deals" forum and "Deal Discussion" they are both two completely different forum, they have their own deals. Nevertheless thanks for clarifying it.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
11388 posts
20557 upvotes
Scarborough
oo2k15 wrote:
Apr 30th, 2015 12:52 am
Yeah I noticed that too. But there's great deal on that forum that I haven't seen before or deal that I miss regardless if duplicates. If you compare the "Hot Deals" forum and "Deal Discussion" they are both two completely different forum, they have their own deals. Nevertheless thanks for clarifying it.
Whenever someone comments on a post from our front page a thread is automatically created in this forum like Tyler said. Checking the front page for deals would be easier than trying to comb through the deal discussion forum since threads there are never expired.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].