Food & Drink

Where do you buy fresh/uncooked chicken wings?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 8th, 2009 1:24 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2007
3807 posts
288 upvotes
Toronto

Where do you buy fresh/uncooked chicken wings?

I was wondering what a low price is for chicken wings? I wanted to buy a couple of pounds cook them and freeze them once university started this fall. But not sure what price is considered a HOT deal :lol:
27 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 12, 2003
7793 posts
36 upvotes
mmhassa2 wrote:
Jul 24th, 2008 3:19 pm
I was wondering what a low price is for chicken wings? I wanted to buy a couple of pounds cook them and freeze them once university started this fall. But not sure what price is considered a HOT deal :lol:
chinese supermarket usually has them for 1.69/lb
Jul 16, 2008
443 posts
30 upvotes
rdtx2002 wrote:
Jul 24th, 2008 3:26 pm
I think that's the price for whole wings. If you're talking about just the middle part of the wing, then it's closer to $3. "Split wings" are slightly cheaper, and is consisted of the middle part and the drumettes of the wings (from my experience, usually more drumettes than middle wings...).
Jul 14, 2006
808 posts
76 upvotes
Pigeons and seagulls are much cheaper.

They all taste like chicken.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2007
3807 posts
288 upvotes
Toronto
rdtx2002 wrote:
Jul 24th, 2008 3:26 pm

Thanks...I guess the stores in Broadview would carry them for these prices. I'm actually looking for the whole wings....as cutting them into 2 doesn't require much work.
Oct 12, 2006
333 posts
12 upvotes
I know I generally buy a large package at Costco for around $16-$18. They are quite meaty and are pre cut. On average I get about 55 to 60+ wings per package.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2007
3807 posts
288 upvotes
Toronto
Would anyone know how many pounds you get from a box of the costco wings? :confused: Just wanted to see if it's cheaper to get it from costco. Thanks
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2006
1153 posts
169 upvotes
chinese supermarket is way, way cheaper. you can get drum and wing attached + wing tip, so about 25, than seperate them for 50 pcs.

all for around $8-10
Deal Fanatic
Nov 12, 2003
7793 posts
36 upvotes
mmhassa2 wrote:
Jul 24th, 2008 5:58 pm
Thanks...I guess the stores in Broadview would carry them for these prices. I'm actually looking for the whole wings....as cutting them into 2 doesn't require much work.
1.69 is for whole wings.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 17, 2006
5309 posts
273 upvotes
there's two kids in the house and they both love wings to death...after all the years of comparing price and quality...chinese grocery store is the way to go...even costco can't beat the price and quality! (not sure about the one on broadview though)
;)
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2007
1392 posts
2 upvotes
mmhassa2 wrote:
Jul 24th, 2008 10:53 pm
Would anyone know how many pounds you get from a box of the costco wings? :confused: Just wanted to see if it's cheaper to get it from costco. Thanks
How about checking the box? It will tell you how many pounds!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2007
3807 posts
288 upvotes
Toronto
molala wrote:
Jul 25th, 2008 8:47 pm
there's two kids in the house and they both love wings to death...after all the years of comparing price and quality...chinese grocery store is the way to go...even costco can't beat the price and quality! (not sure about the one on broadview though)
Thanks could you share which chinese market you purchase them from? I only mentioned broadview as I have driven by there and seen a lot of stores. But open to any other store that has fresh/good quality wings for a good price. :)
Grassgreen wrote:
Jul 25th, 2008 11:16 pm
How about checking the box? It will tell you how many pounds!
Why bother replying with worthless comments? Shhesh SOME ppl on RFD are just SO lonely that they feel they MUST add their unwanted comments :confused:
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2006
6216 posts
401 upvotes
Toronto
yup... go down to china town.
Feb 4, 2007
245 posts
26 upvotes
I prefer the chicken wings from Costco. I used to buy the ones from T&T, both Warden/Steeles and Middlefield/Steeles locations and they did not seem to last very long. We'd only buy small amounts too, sure its cheaper, but I found the Costco ones even buying it bulk, last a lot longer and are fresher.

I haven't been to the China Town supermarkets in awhile so I can't really comment on those. But the drive for myself would be just too much in terms of gas and parking.

If there are other Supermarkets around Markham/Scarborough that have fresh wings I'd like to know which ones they are. I've tried Bamburgh Foodmart, Taiko and the one at Denison/Kennedy and found them really disgusting. They have lots of blood leftover underneath the meat in most cases.
× < >