[OP]
Banned
Feb 26, 2015
14 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Where do you buy your office supplies?

Hi all,

We run a small business from home, just wondering where everyone gets their office supplies. We currently use Staples Preferred but the pricing seems to just keep going up.

We also ship packages out, so we use supplies such as shipping tape, envelopes, cardboard boxes, etc.

Thanks
9 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
6301 posts
2575 upvotes
Try looking stuff up on Amazon and comparing prices to Staples. I find Amazon's prices to be fairly competitive and they offer variety so you can choose the price/quality that meets your needs.
Sep 3, 2018
186 posts
116 upvotes
Dollarama has sometimes okay stationary. Staples is big rip-off. At the office we use Uline as our supplier.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
6301 posts
2575 upvotes
lensbuyer wrote: Dollarama has sometimes okay stationary. Staples is big rip-off. At the office we use Uline as our supplier.
I have the ULINE catalog and their prices seem to be the highest of all. Do you get a special discount with ULine?
Sep 3, 2018
186 posts
116 upvotes
choclover wrote: I have the ULINE catalog and their prices seem to be the highest of all. Do you get a special discount with ULine?
I should have worded my post differently. My excuses, for my home and personal office I use Dollarama and sometimes Amazon. At work I actually have no idea what the prices are since our admin just orders everything for us what we need. We just sent out an email/request what is needed for our department.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2010
15194 posts
4833 upvotes
Here 'n There
choclover wrote: I have the ULINE catalog and their prices seem to be the highest of all. Do you get a special discount with ULine?
Uline has ridiculous pricing and their delivery cost is out of this world. They even charge you $25 if you do a pick-up at their location! Absurd. The only way I would buy something from them is if I could not get it anywhere else.
May 27, 2007
151 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto
123ink.ca has good prices on certain supplies. I get things like staplers and staples, paper clips, some pens, etc there. Their mustache branded products are decent.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2007
1955 posts
259 upvotes
Toronto
Sorry to Hi-Jack your thread OP. Where do you guys buy your padded/bubble envelopes? I'm buying from ULine 250 for $~80 (including shipping and tax)
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2010
15194 posts
4833 upvotes
Here 'n There
I buy huge rolls of bubble wrap, wrap the product in them, then put it in a poly bag. Way cheaper, both for the supplies and the shipping as you can then tape the bag to be whatever size is the smallest.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
8372 posts
2337 upvotes
Mississauga
Staples has better priced shipping supplies than Uline. Just order online Staples, not thru Staples preferred.

Our main office supplier is Office Central. If I can't find it at Office Central , then I resort to Staples.

Agreed, Uline is a big rip off. I only order Uline if I can't find it at Office Central or Staples. They have an outrageous handling fee even if you pickup. Sometimes it works out to more than shipping.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.