Food & Drink

Where do you buy your Sweet & Sour Bar Mix?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 22nd, 2017 6:26 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 18, 2010
19 posts
3 upvotes
Anjou
Hello everyone!

Just FYI, for bar mix, here's the recipe I use:

1 tablespoon lemon juice powder (They sell them at asian markets on on ebay)
1 tablespoon lime juice powder (Same as above)
One teaspoon of egg white powder (Same as above)

You can prepare the powder in advance, keep it in a hermetic jar... When you need to make some liquid mix, you pull it out and

Half of a cup of white sugar diluted in 1 cup water, mix two and a half tablespoons of above mixture in the water. You can dilute more sugar if you want.

Also, bartend.ca sells packs of dry bar mix for around 5$ each. They can make a bunch of liters if needed.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
18060 posts
4654 upvotes
simradxt wrote:
Nov 1st, 2015 1:58 am
You can get all your bar mix online at Walmart.ca ONLY. they do not sell it in the stores.
Its called "Master of Mixes"
For that kind of price you can buy a bag of powder and make 100L.
Well not quite but it's more than 1L.
Apr 20, 2017
1 posts
gerbil wrote:
Feb 17th, 2008 3:01 pm
Real Canadian Wholesale? is that costco or @ sam's??
I think they might be talking about Wholesale Club - not to be confused with Real Canadian Superstore...however they are owned by the same parent company. Anyways, of that's the case, in Toronto there's one located at Rogers Rd. and Keels but they also have a location on Mississauga. They have website you can check also for other locations.
I use them frequently, I haven't seen that product but I'm going to look for it this weekend. Thanks for the tip! P. S. This place is similar to a restaurant/grocery supply but it's open to the public and there's no membership required.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2005
4430 posts
751 upvotes
Markham
Funny that this thread just popped up as I was considering looking for this exact same thing after I was surfing on webrestaurant.com site and saw recipe for Coronarita Mexican Car Crash recipe.

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/blog/5 ... ecipe.html
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
18060 posts
4654 upvotes
It's guaranteed at Wholesale club.
Source: I see it all the time.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
36151 posts
2267 upvotes
Toronto
Old thread... but there is a niche store just east of queen and ossington. They deal strictly in bartending related merchandise. A vast array of mixes, shaker thingies, glasses, swirl sticks etc.

Sorry i don't know the proper terminology... i'm not a coactail enthusiast. But the store was really neat when i browsed.