Automotive

Where do you get your oil change? (Vaughan/Woodbridge)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2017 4:52 pm
[OP]
Mar 13, 2017
53 posts
2 upvotes

Where do you get your oil change? (Vaughan/Woodbridge)

Need a synthetic oil change and kind of sick of Mr
Lube's prices and service level so I want to switch it up. Any options in the Vaughan/Woodbridge area for a quick oil change? I know Costco is $50 but I'd imagine it's a madhouse of a long wait so I'd prefer avoiding that.

Anything I don't know about?

Thank you!
13 replies
May 21, 2014
736 posts
913 upvotes
Alberta, AB
beatles89 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 11:08 am
Lube's prices and service level so I want to switch it up. Any options in the Vaughan/Woodbridge area for a quick oil change? I know Costco is $50 but I'd imagine it's a madhouse of a long wait so I'd prefer avoiding that.

Thank you!
Thanks op. Bough 10.
Mahawka :)
Apr 25, 2016
89 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
In my driveway. I don't trust any of those idiots
Nov 7, 2007
535 posts
323 upvotes
Portage la Prairie
beatles89 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 11:08 am

Thank you!
Try Great Canadian Oil Change. I have used them 3 times , and now my sister also uses them. We are both happy with the service.

Edit: Not sure If any of these are outside Manitoba.
Contest Wins 2017:
[OP]
Mar 13, 2017
53 posts
2 upvotes
kwk1 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 11:13 am
Try Great Canadian Oil Change. I have used them 3 times , and now my sister also uses them. We are both happy with the service.

Edit: Not sure If any of these are outside Manitoba.
Hm looked into there. Will give them a call asking for a quote.
May 17, 2017
159 posts
107 upvotes
Waterloo
I've had great experiences with Toronto based startup that sends you a mobile mechanic https://www.fiix.io/.
They've got a live chat for a quote online that works really well.

The humble founder is an absolute badass, having survived cancer and turning down an offer to work for uber Uber.
As to the company, they've been a part of YCombinator (which Dropbox was incubated from) and have a deal with the Dragon's Den.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2007
4667 posts
3226 upvotes
GTA
KombatVirus wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 11:13 am
In my driveway. I don't trust any of those idiots
+1 In my driveway or garage. I even did it when I was in a condo. I don't trust the 16 year old kid (that many shops use) to do it.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2007
4667 posts
3226 upvotes
GTA
AstulzerRSX wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 12:16 pm
I've had great experiences with Toronto based startup that sends you a mobile mechanic https://www.fiix.io/.
They've got a live chat for a quote online that works really well.

The humble founder is an absolute badass, having survived cancer and turning down an offer to work for uber Uber.
As to the company, they've been a part of YCombinator (which Dropbox was incubated from) and have a deal with the Dragon's Den.
+1, if I couldn't do it myself I would use these guys. One of the big downsides to taking it somewhere is the time wasted driving there and waiting while they do it.
Nov 11, 2017
10 posts
5 upvotes
engineered wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 2:31 pm
+1 In my driveway or garage. I even did it when I was in a condo. I don't trust the 16 year old kid (that many shops use) to do it.
+1 for doing it yourself. It's one of those car maintenance items that seems harder than it is. You learn to look for things you otherwise wouldn't know to look for once you learn how. If you're worried about your car falling on you and crushing you, I highly suggest getting some ramps, they're about $40 on sale at CanTie. You get to control what filter you use, the quality of the oil, the proper weight that a lot of general lube shops don't offer because it's not part of their bulk purchase. For myself, I didn't realize my car was burning oil until I changed the oil for myself the first time. The tech at Honda has never mentioned it all the times I've been.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2007
4667 posts
3226 upvotes
GTA
AlastairL wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 11:44 pm
+1 for doing it yourself. It's one of those car maintenance items that seems harder than it is. You learn to look for things you otherwise wouldn't know to look for once you learn how. If you're worried about your car falling on you and crushing you, I highly suggest getting some ramps, they're about $40 on sale at CanTie. You get to control what filter you use, the quality of the oil, the proper weight that a lot of general lube shops don't offer because it's not part of their bulk purchase. For myself, I didn't realize my car was burning oil until I changed the oil for myself the first time. The tech at Honda has never mentioned it all the times I've been.
If you're lucky like me, your car has a top mounted oil filter, which means I can suck out the oil from the dipstick tube using a vacuum pump, and change the filter without going under the car or getting dirty.
Dec 4, 2017
33 posts
6 upvotes
What do you drive?

When I had a Pontiac Van I used to do it myself in the driveway. The car had enough clearance that I didn't need to jack it up and could simply reach the oil pan screw by laying on the ground.
Canadian Tire also had synthetic oil sales which are a great price. When it got too cold or I didn't want to lay on ice, I would take it to Midas. I think they were $39+tax for regular oil though.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
16386 posts
1096 upvotes
Woodbridge
Costco.

Just show up at least 30+ minutes before they open and line up. Makes a huge difference.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2007
4667 posts
3226 upvotes
GTA
bembol wrote:
Dec 8th, 2017 11:44 am
Costco.

Just show up at least 30+ minutes before they open and line up. Makes a huge difference.
Wow, that's a long time to wait for an oil change. I can do 2 cars at home in that time.
Nov 11, 2017
10 posts
5 upvotes
engineered wrote:
Dec 8th, 2017 9:28 am
If you're lucky like me, your car has a top mounted oil filter, which means I can suck out the oil from the dipstick tube using a vacuum pump, and change the filter without going under the car or getting dirty.
Wow lucky indeed! My dad's Forester has a top mounted oil filter, but the drain plug is so close to the front of the car you can just reach without needing to go under.

Changing oil myself, along with a number of other basic maintenance items, is one of those things I wish I did earlier.

The ChrisFix channel on YouTube has some very decent tutorials on how-to.