Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2013
3038 posts
1059 upvotes
A small town north o…

Where do you guys buy batteries?

Sure, they're dirt cheap on eBay, but you're almost guaranteed to get a counterfeit. Reviews on amazon.ca don't look too encouraging either. Surely there must be somewhere you can get a genuine Samsung battery without getting gouged by the Robellus conglomerate.

Girlfriend was quoted $50 by Bell for a replacement battery for her Galaxy Sii, and they have to order it. Geez....
17 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2003
15213 posts
1671 upvotes
Markham
I don't keep my phone long enough to need a new battery lol
ShadowVlican
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2013
3038 posts
1059 upvotes
A small town north o…
ShadowVlican wrote: I don't keep my phone long enough to need a new battery lol
There are a lot of people like you, but my girlfriend ain't one of them. She is perfectly happy with the Sii, uses it constantly. She just wants to swap out the battery, I believe it's close to three years old. Me, I use an 8 year old monochrome Nokia 1112 for voice calls, I charge it three times a month whether it needs it or not. ;)
sickcars wrote: The cell phone repair shop I work part-time at sells real samsung batteries - http://www.cellphonerepair.com/etobicoke-on/
Hah, love their "CPR" logo with the red cross. :D Don't want to pay $40, though. :(
Jan 4, 2014
567 posts
84 upvotes
makaturing wrote: Sure, they're dirt cheap on eBay, but you're almost guaranteed to get a counterfeit. Reviews on amazon.ca don't look too encouraging either. Surely there must be somewhere you can get a genuine Samsung battery without getting gouged by the Robellus conglomerate.

Girlfriend was quoted $50 by Bell for a replacement battery for her Galaxy Sii, and they have to order it. Geez....
Anker batteries on Amazon. They have amazing reviews and their products are great.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
Mugen Battery also appears to be a good option.
Lots of good reviews!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8976 posts
2827 upvotes
ottoyu34 wrote: +1 on Anker.
+1

Bought one for S2, S3 and macbook and battery packs. Great customer service too
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2013
3038 posts
1059 upvotes
A small town north o…
Will take a look at those Anker batteries, thanks.
Jan 4, 2014
567 posts
84 upvotes
makaturing wrote: Will take a look at those Anker batteries, thanks.
I used to own S2 as well, I got a $20 deal from them which includes two batteries and a universal wall charger. The batteries were slightly more powerful than the stock and they were absolutely great. For my Note 4 I am going to get another Anker once the stock starts to crap out.
Jun 21, 2013
276 posts
51 upvotes
In the middle of now…
vkizzle wrote: Mugen Battery also appears to be a good option.
Lots of good reviews!
+1 for Mugen. I bought a high capacity Mugen battery for an HTC Legend a few years ago, and it is still working fine (phone has been donated to kids)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
6494 posts
3282 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
tiredofrogers wrote: Anker batteries on Amazon. They have amazing reviews and their products are great.
+2
¯\_(-.-)_/¯ A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Behold!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
6494 posts
3282 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
I've purchased a few Anker batteries as well as other Anker products. The quality has been top notch every time and you even get an 18 month warranty.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Behold!
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2013
1420 posts
323 upvotes
New Tecumseth, ON
makaturing wrote: There are a lot of people like you, but my girlfriend ain't one of them. She is perfectly happy with the Sii, uses it constantly. She just wants to swap out the battery, I believe it's close to three years old. Me, I use an 8 year old monochrome Nokia 1112 for voice calls, I charge it three times a month whether it needs it or not. ;)

Hah, love their "CPR" logo with the red cross. :D Don't want to pay $40, though. :(
Damn son. Puts my V3r to shame lol.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2013
2525 posts
1046 upvotes
Burnaby
Anker, Mugen, or Zerolemon. nothing else unless OEM from the manufacturer, IE: not ebay or Amazon etc.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
Buy 2 ebay batteries. Who cares if they're fake.

EDIT: TIL that Anker also makes cell batteries.
I figured most of you were talking about external battery packs.
Ok, Anker it is. Assuming you can find it. They don't seem to list one for the Nexus 4. (I know it's not "user" replaceable but that won't stop me)

EDIT: WTF? They make notebook batteries too?

makaturing wrote: There are a lot of people like you, but my girlfriend ain't one of them. She is perfectly happy with the Sii, uses it constantly. She just wants to swap out the battery, I believe it's close to three years old. Me, I use an 8 year old monochrome Nokia 1112 for voice calls, I charge it three times a month whether it needs it or not. ;)
To be fair, most smartphones with light usage can get away with 6 charges a month.
Don't expect to talk for an hour a day, but with a couple SMS in each direction I only charge mine like once every week.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
6494 posts
3282 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
death_hawk wrote: Buy 2 ebay batteries. Who cares if they're fake.

EDIT: TIL that Anker also makes cell batteries.
I figured most of you were talking about external battery packs.
Ok, Anker it is. Assuming you can find it. They don't seem to list one for the Nexus 4. (I know it's not "user" replaceable but that won't stop me)

EDIT: WTF? They make notebook batteries too?

To be fair, most smartphones with light usage can get away with 6 charges a month.
Don't expect to talk for an hour a day, but with a couple SMS in each direction I only charge mine like once every week.
I purchased Anker Cell phone batteries and external battery packs. Both were excellent. In your case, Anker probably won't have a battery because they usually don't make ones for "non-user replaceable" phones.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Behold!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)