Health & Wellness

Where do you normally get eye exams + buy new glasses from in the GTA?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 24th, 2015 12:07 am
Tags:
None
Aug 11, 2012
53 posts
6 upvotes
Whitby

Where do you normally get eye exams + buy new glasses from in the GTA?

I got my eyes checked at the independent optometrist at the Oshawa Costco, and it worsened by .25 on each eye (it hasn't even been a year since my last eye exam). I've had horrible headaches EVERY day for the past 2 weeks and am hoping once I get my new glasses, this will go away.

However, I'm not sure where the best place to buy glasses is? Ideally, I'd like them to be ready in a couple of days.

Preferably the Clarington, Oshawa, Whitby region.
2 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2011
2133 posts
756 upvotes
Hamilton
I buy my glasses online. ClearlyContacts has a retail location on Qween West near where I work so that typically who I use.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2009
5755 posts
7939 upvotes
Ontario
LauraRMCF wrote: I got my eyes checked at the independent optometrist at the Oshawa Costco, and it worsened by .25 on each eye (it hasn't even been a year since my last eye exam). I've had horrible headaches EVERY day for the past 2 weeks and am hoping once I get my new glasses, this will go away.

However, I'm not sure where the best place to buy glasses is? Ideally, I'd like them to be ready in a couple of days.

Preferably the Clarington, Oshawa, Whitby region.
I am unable to assist with the eyewear vendor/quick turnaround. You might just need the lenses changed in your current frames to save money if funds or biannual insurance coverage on eyewear don't permit another full pair.. When I had my new glasses purchased two years ago at a place, it took about 10 days for the glasses to be ready to pick up, assuming stock can be had and you are not getting some specialty lenses or brand requiring specialty grinding of the lenses.

The headaches should not be ignored. Have you had an increase in stress at work/home or sudden change in routine? Is there another health matter affecting you? Could you be reacting to a new food or beverage/have an allergy? Have you been eating properly? You might have to look at your diet that you have enough protein,vitamins or minerals and not skipping meals. Stress can lower your magnesium level and need replenishing. Could there be an ergonomic issue-new chair that is putting pressure on your spinal cord and it manifests as headaches-or lighting issue? Think back to what was going on just before you noticed the headaches>clues?

Have you had to adjust how much screen time (cellphone, tablet,computer) you have daily as a result of the headaches? Could there be a dental issue? It's often said that dental staff will see issues with teeth indicating a health condition in need of attention.

Consider seeing your family doctor to discuss the headaches. You'll probably be asked if you noticed anything changing or what you were doing when the headaches began.
Have new cookbooks but am not cooking anything new yet.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)