Where do you sell your jackets?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 15th, 2017 5:15 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 6, 2017
7 posts

Where do you sell your jackets?

I have a Brand New Canada Goose Carson I'm looking to sell (because the color doesn't suit me) but I'm not sure where to put it for sale.

I had a Mackage, which I just sold on Kijiji but the experience was terrible. (about 50 lowball offers which made me realize that the market there is looking for absolute bargains instead of reasonable good deals).

So, should I sell on Ebay? Another platform? Here?
14 replies
Jul 25, 2015
433 posts
183 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
No ebay, they charge you too much money nowadays to sell stuff. Throw it on FB Marketplace.
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2008
4482 posts
676 upvotes
Ebay is the best place if you want hassle free transaction. But as someone said, Ebay charges way too much to sell. Better than kijiji though which is full of lowballers.
[OP]
Dec 6, 2017
7 posts
Thanks for the suggestions, I feel like on Kijiji, I won't get more than 400$, even though the jacket is 950$ + Taxes
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
3879 posts
498 upvotes
Toronto
why not RFD's BST?
BST meeting place:
Monday-Fri (9am-5pm): Queen Station or Eaton Centre
Monday-Thurs (after 5:30pm): Sheppard & Yonge
Saturday and Sunday: n/a
[OP]
Dec 6, 2017
7 posts
yesstyle wrote:
Dec 11th, 2017 11:02 am
why not RFD's BST?
I could always try, but from what I'm seeing, costly items like these tend to struggle to find buyers.
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2008
4482 posts
676 upvotes
jonathanjean7245 wrote:
Dec 11th, 2017 10:24 am
Thanks for the suggestions, I feel like on Kijiji, I won't get more than 400$, even though the jacket is 950$ + Taxes
I sold a jacket before for 600.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2010
7914 posts
730 upvotes
Post it on RFD BST. Then let the members see what size and photos. New should have no problem selling. Of course you will need to take a bit of a bit.
Nov 23, 2008
307 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
Just curious, are there no refunds for a jacket if it's brand new (presumably with tags)?
[OP]
Dec 6, 2017
7 posts
Zewo wrote:
Dec 13th, 2017 11:18 am
Just curious, are there no refunds for a jacket if it's brand new (presumably with tags)?
I got from Canada Goose HQ. I have the tags and all but I can't exchange it until next year (until they re-open the buy season for employees), so I might as sell it and buy a black one or navy one. This color is Slate. It's a cool color but not as an everyday jacket, IMO (there were no blacks or Navy left).

The color in question.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1355 posts
170 upvotes
Toronto
I sold all my CG on Kijiji or BST Forums here.

Beware the amount of lowballers, tire kickers and all out idiots when selling such items. People dont know the value of the item and always want a "steal"

Case in point, I sold my mint 2 month old Chiliwack to a girl buying it for her BF...we agreed on a price, meeting place and time. She comes late and comes 15 bucks short. I said not my problem, go to a bank machine and take money out. Her excuse was I hit my limit for withdrawals for the day...told her again, not my problem go ask your mom for money (her mom was waiting in the car) Her mom had the audacity to get mad at me for not letting 15 bucks slide. I said listen lady go price out this jacket brand new and come back and tell me you are not getting a good deal. We had already agreed to a price and they try to pull this stunt. They pulled out a bunch of friggin coins to get the missing 15 bucks....losers
[OP]
Dec 6, 2017
7 posts
Fabfive wrote:
Dec 13th, 2017 1:05 pm
I sold all my CG on Kijiji or BST Forums here.

Beware the amount of lowballers, tire kickers and all out idiots when selling such items. People dont know the value of the item and always want a "steal"

Case in point, I sold my mint 2 month old Chiliwack to a girl buying it for her BF...we agreed on a price, meeting place and time. She comes late and comes 15 bucks short. I said not my problem, go to a bank machine and take money out. Her excuse was I hit my limit for withdrawals for the day...told her again, not my problem go ask your mom for money (her mom was waiting in the car) Her mom had the audacity to get mad at me for not letting 15 bucks slide. I said listen lady go price out this jacket brand new and come back and tell me you are not getting a good deal. We had already agreed to a price and they try to pull this stunt. They pulled out a bunch of friggin coins to get the missing 15 bucks....losers
Some people were flat out insulting. They message me "200 bucks, cash, right now". On a jacket in perfect condition worth 900$ at retail. It was my first and probably last time using that medium to sell a valued item.

That's why I asked where to go lol.
Jul 25, 2015
433 posts
183 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I remember selling a bed set with box spring and mattress. I listed it super low around $300. It was the spare mattress I had for the guest room that I no longer needed. It was pretty much new and mattress alone cost over $1300. Had some guy come took look at it and gave me a low ball offer of around $100. Told him to get lost. Right after he left my place, I get a call from a guy just out of town who said he will take it for asking price. I then get a call from the previous guy saying he will give me a little more. I told him, sorry just sold for asking price.

Another one I had a guy message me to buy some tail lights as he backed into something on his work truck and didnt want his boss to find out. He gets to my house then tries to negotiate for only one tail light and less than asking price. I said to him, these are basically brand new OEM and I'm selling them for well less than what it would cost for a single tail light. Hes like "Yeah you're right." and then gives me the asking price.
[OP]
Dec 6, 2017
7 posts
Sinasta wrote:
Dec 13th, 2017 6:13 pm
I remember selling a bed set with box spring and mattress. I listed it super low around $300. It was the spare mattress I had for the guest room that I no longer needed. It was pretty much new and mattress alone cost over $1300. Had some guy come took look at it and gave me a low ball offer of around $100. Told him to get lost. Right after he left my place, I get a call from a guy just out of town who said he will take it for asking price. I then get a call from the previous guy saying he will give me a little more. I told him, sorry just sold for asking price.

Another one I had a guy message me to buy some tail lights as he backed into something on his work truck and didnt want his boss to find out. He gets to my house then tries to negotiate for only one tail light and less than asking price. I said to him, these are basically brand new OEM and I'm selling them for well less than what it would cost for a single tail light. Hes like "Yeah you're right." and then gives me the asking price.
I can read the frustration in your post.