Personal Finance

Where to find Branch Transit Number? (TD Canada Trust)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 23rd, 2010 10:00 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
May 8, 2008
4025 posts
16 upvotes

Where to find Branch Transit Number? (TD Canada Trust)

hi, i am trying to add money via bank account to my paypal. i needed the branch transit number and was told by my banker that its the number infront of the bank book. that number only have 4 digits while on paypal it asks for 5. i spent a bit of time looking for it on easyweb and i still cant find it.
9 replies
May 27, 2006
209 posts
look at the bottom of a chq, see where it has 004... right before that it should have xxxx2 (2 is for Ontario, xxxx your transit number.. but some places need the province code too.)
Jul 10, 2006
251 posts
31 upvotes
Edmonton
13sundin wrote:
Jul 21st, 2010 11:14 pm
hi, i am trying to add money via bank account to my paypal. i needed the branch transit number and was told by my banker that its the number infront of the bank book. that number only have 4 digits while on paypal it asks for 5. i spent a bit of time looking for it on easyweb and i still cant find it.
Call your branch and hit the selection for branch information - after it gives you address, phone #, etc, it should provide the transit #.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 8, 2008
4025 posts
16 upvotes
kingkhan wrote:
Jul 21st, 2010 11:18 pm
look at the bottom of a chq, see where it has 004... right before that it should have xxxx2 (2 is for Ontario, xxxx your transit number.. but some places need the province code too.)
have a chq'ing account but dont have a chq ;P
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 8, 2008
4025 posts
16 upvotes
aksher wrote:
Jul 21st, 2010 11:19 pm
Call your branch and hit the selection for branch information - after it gives you address, phone #, etc, it should provide the transit #.
doing right now thanks,

edit: got it! thanks alot :)
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
18487 posts
923 upvotes
Surprised this question comes up so often for TD. This is like the 3rd time this year?

All you have to do is log into Easyweb - it is staring you right in the face in front of every account number.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Deal Addict
May 29, 2009
1067 posts
52 upvotes
For something this important, it's worth a 2 minute phone call to TD Easyline.
Jun 21, 2006
524 posts
36 upvotes
TD's online branch locator also lists the transit number (next to branch #) when you search for nearby branches.
× < >