Food & Drink

Where to find Rohu and Maral fish in GTA (Indian fishes)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 8th, 2012 8:08 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2006
3747 posts
16350 upvotes
TORONTO

Where to find Rohu and Maral fish in GTA (Indian fishes)

Both Rohu and Maral are the names of Indian fresh water fishes. (Do not know their English names, please let me know if anyone is aware). Very commonly eaten in India. Are they available in any stores in GTA.

Please let me know.
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7139 posts
1684 upvotes
anon_s wrote:
Jul 15th, 2011 2:53 pm
Both Rohu and Maral are the names of Indian fresh water fishes. (Do not know their English names, please let me know if anyone is aware). Very commonly eaten in India. Are they available in any stores in GTA.

Please let me know.

If Im not mistaken Rohu is Indian Carp and you should be able to find it in any bangladeshi/indian stores, try bangladeshi first since they have it.
Maral I believe is Asian snakehead, which is banned/restricted in certain states, however some Asian markets/seafood retailers still sell it so try some local stores or probaby chinatown?

you shoud have no problem finding both of them.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted - Ezio Auditore.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2006
3747 posts
16350 upvotes
TORONTO
mrperfect wrote:
Jul 15th, 2011 3:20 pm
If Im not mistaken Rohu is Indian Carp and you should be able to find it in any bangladeshi/indian stores, try bangladeshi first since they have it.
Maral I believe is Asian snakehead, which is banned/restricted in certain states, however some Asian markets/seafood retailers still sell it so try some local stores or probaby chinatown?

you shoud have no problem finding both of them.

Any particular names of the stores I can go and look for them?
Mar 6, 2012
2 posts
Toronto
anon_s wrote:
Jul 16th, 2011 6:27 pm
Any particular names of the stores I can go and look for them?
You will find one at Dufferin & Bloor, just west on Bloor. They sell mutton, rohu, pabda, ilish all frozen but pretty good !
Enjoy....
× < >