Personal Finance

Where to find top real estate agents list?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 4th, 2015 12:53 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Sep 17, 2007
159 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto

Where to find top real estate agents list?

Hello,

I was just wondering, is there w place where the public can see real estate agent rankings/ business they conduct?

I googled it and found this article (which is from 2012)
http://realtylaboratory.com/2012/03/07/ ... ate-board/

And a few sites that list only a few specific agency's rankings (normally re/max)

How come there's no rankings of Royal LePage, J&D, Chestnut Park, Bosley, Sotheby’s, Harvey Kalles or publications of these?

According to the article only the about 400 of the 34,000 agents do big volume... So how come not even the top 100 are listed publicly? Or is it and I'm just blind?

I know there's a debate on the merit of the value of real estate agents but for those that do, why not show who closes deals in volume vs a real estate agent that only has 1 or 2 sales a year?
4 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2015
2860 posts
767 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Any list you find will be biased towards that brokerage. What's the point? Anyone can sell a Josie these days the supply is small and demand is high esp with the rates dropping.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16512 posts
2185 upvotes
Seems like every agent is a top performer - the awards are given out for multiple variations - by brokerage, city, sales region, by revenue, by profit, by over list price, by units sold, by condos sold, etc. Basically they can come up with an award for anyone and everyone.
Nov 7, 2004
781 posts
48 upvotes
Vancouver
The higher up in the list the realtor is, the less work they will be doing for you. Instead you'd likely be dealing with their assistants. The only time you'll ever see them is when they do the listing presentation and at completion. #truth
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2014
6468 posts
1540 upvotes
Toronto
iceprinsez05 wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2015 3:37 pm
Hello,

I was just wondering, is there w place where the public can see real estate agent rankings/ business they conduct?

I googled it and found this article (which is from 2012)
http://realtylaboratory.com/2012/03/07/ ... ate-board/

And a few sites that list only a few specific agency's rankings (normally re/max)

How come there's no rankings of Royal LePage, J&D, Chestnut Park, Bosley, Sotheby’s, Harvey Kalles or publications of these?

According to the article only the about 400 of the 34,000 agents do big volume... So how come not even the top 100 are listed publicly? Or is it and I'm just blind?

I know there's a debate on the merit of the value of real estate agents but for those that do, why not show who closes deals in volume vs a real estate agent that only has 1 or 2 sales a year?
If you are selling your property, my honest advice (as a realtor and mortgage broker) is to use an agent who is active in your area. Keep an eye out for "For Sale" signs in your area and check Realtor.ca to see who is listing houses in your area.
Kevin Somnauth, CFA
Mortgage Broker - Mortgage Architects (#10287) and Real Estate Salesperson - Century 21 Innovative
President's Club Award Winner At The Mortgage Architects