Automotive

Where to get 2 Goodyear Tripletred 215/60/17 at good price?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 4th, 2012 8:31 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8283 posts
2560 upvotes
Toronto

Where to get 2 Goodyear Tripletred 215/60/17 at good price?

Wife got a flat in a tire in our van today. Had CAA install the spare tire on now. So looking to buy 2 GoodyearAssurance Tripletred 215/60/17. In the past had bought them during the Goodyear 1/2 sale. But where might I get 2 at a good price now, in GTA?

Thanks.
8 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
7050 posts
849 upvotes
Alberta
Arrgh wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2012 9:28 pm
Wife got a flat in a tire in our van today. Had CAA install the spare tire on now. So looking to buy 2 GoodyearAssurance Tripletred 215/60/17. In the past had bought them during the Goodyear 1/2 sale. But where might I get 2 at a good price now, in GTA?

Thanks.
All four tires should be the same brand, tire wear, etc. Use the one good remaining as a good spare (assuming your current spare has the same diameter).

Dave
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8283 posts
2560 upvotes
Toronto
DavidY wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2012 9:40 pm
All four tires should be the same brand, tire wear, etc. Use the one good remaining as a good spare (assuming your current spare has the same diameter).

Dave
The spare has a small rim, so won't fit. So will keep the other one unmounted in basement, in case it's needed later.
nickj524 wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2012 10:07 pm
Try Simply Tire and see what kind of price they can do for you.
Simply Tire's website doesn't show this tire in this size. But will call tomorrow to see what they can do.

Thanks.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2007
3446 posts
489 upvotes
Valleywood
I assume your tires are the GY TT and not the now newer "GY TT All Season" - where "All Season" has been added to the tire's title.

If you can find it, the older TT, is going to be left over stock and should be cheaper. If you don't specify, you will likely get pricing on the newer "TT All Season".
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8283 posts
2560 upvotes
Toronto
fastlayne wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2012 11:26 pm
I assume your tires are the GY TT and not the now newer "GY TT All Season" - where "All Season" has been added to the tire's title.

If you can find it, the older TT, is going to be left over stock and should be cheaper. If you don't specify, you will likely get pricing on the newer "TT All Season".
When did the "All season" come out? Mine are a couple of years old, and did not have the AS in the title.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8283 posts
2560 upvotes
Toronto
Nobody seem to have the old ones without "All Season" in the name. They all have AS in the name now. Hope there isn't much difference between the old ones without the AS, and the new ones with AS.

Contacted a few places, it turned out Simply Tire does not carry this normally, but can get it and their price is the highest of all. Oh well, will contact a couple more, then will go to buy.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2005
31842 posts
1333 upvotes
Arrgh wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2012 9:28 pm

Thanks.
Check out.....

tires23
simplytire
joycity
Go For Tires
" The placebo effect is the most powerful supplement of all "
" The pain of discipline weighs ounces, the pain of neglect weighs tons "
" The best training in the world can't overcome a lousy diet "
TRAIN HARD !!!!