Personal Finance

Where to get Best Rates for CAD -> USD Exchange?

• Last Updated:
  • May 12th, 2019 6:17 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2012
6132 posts
999 upvotes
multi city dweller
cmchiu wrote:
Jul 19th, 2018 1:50 pm
+1 for Everforex.
what's yr impression?

i tried to sign up last year, but their system seemed to be flimsy touch and go then ...

has it been improved ?

TIA
Aug 27, 2013
502 posts
222 upvotes
cloud
LOL808 wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 12:04 am
what's yr impression?

i tried to sign up last year, but their system seemed to be flimsy touch and go then ...

has it been improved ?

TIA
I don't recall any trouble during my sign-up process, but the current exchange process has always been straight forward. They've improved the layout of their web site somewhat over the years.

Withdrawing USD at their retail branch is more troublesome. Since I don't withdraw frequently enough (every few months), pretty much every time I need to wait for their head office to verify my account before the retail branch would give me the cash/cheque, and that could take 5 minutes to an hour! Wish I could e-transfer USD out.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2012
6132 posts
999 upvotes
multi city dweller
cmchiu wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 8:31 pm
I don't recall any trouble during my sign-up process, but the current exchange process has always been straight forward. They've improved the layout of their web site somewhat over the years.

Withdrawing USD at their retail branch is more troublesome. Since I don't withdraw frequently enough (every few months), pretty much every time I need to wait for their head office to verify my account before the retail branch would give me the cash/cheque, and that could take 5 minutes to an hour! Wish I could e-transfer USD out.
thnx ...

if my main purpose is to purchase USD with CAD, can they transfer the purchased USD to my canadian bank USD account?

i guess they do charge a wire fee?
Oct 12, 2014
393 posts
41 upvotes
North York, ON
Is kantor still the best place to get CAD to USD exchange? i need about $300 USD.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 9, 2011
5602 posts
5575 upvotes
Vancouver
STACK prepaid Mastercard is the best. Load it up by Interac e-transfer, then visit an ATM in the USA to get US cash out of it. The exchange rate is Mastercard's daily rate (~0.2% above mid market) plus the ATM operator's fee (if any, there are some fee-free ones in the USA—check the STACK thread for info.)