Personal Finance

Where to get Best Rates for CAD -> USD Exchange?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 11th, 2019 8:39 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2012
5116 posts
680 upvotes
multi city dweller
cmchiu wrote:
Jul 19th, 2018 1:50 pm
+1 for Everforex.
what's yr impression?

i tried to sign up last year, but their system seemed to be flimsy touch and go then ...

has it been improved ?

TIA
Aug 27, 2013
479 posts
204 upvotes
cloud
LOL808 wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 12:04 am
what's yr impression?

i tried to sign up last year, but their system seemed to be flimsy touch and go then ...

has it been improved ?

TIA
I don't recall any trouble during my sign-up process, but the current exchange process has always been straight forward. They've improved the layout of their web site somewhat over the years.

Withdrawing USD at their retail branch is more troublesome. Since I don't withdraw frequently enough (every few months), pretty much every time I need to wait for their head office to verify my account before the retail branch would give me the cash/cheque, and that could take 5 minutes to an hour! Wish I could e-transfer USD out.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2012
5116 posts
680 upvotes
multi city dweller
cmchiu wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 8:31 pm
I don't recall any trouble during my sign-up process, but the current exchange process has always been straight forward. They've improved the layout of their web site somewhat over the years.

Withdrawing USD at their retail branch is more troublesome. Since I don't withdraw frequently enough (every few months), pretty much every time I need to wait for their head office to verify my account before the retail branch would give me the cash/cheque, and that could take 5 minutes to an hour! Wish I could e-transfer USD out.
thnx ...

if my main purpose is to purchase USD with CAD, can they transfer the purchased USD to my canadian bank USD account?

i guess they do charge a wire fee?