Food & Drink

Where to get cream to make a double double coffee?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2017 7:53 am
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2009
4808 posts
489 upvotes
Toronto
I read the question again, sorry OP I get why you guessed the coffee whitner. Tims and McDs have a "sure shot" system that dispenses cream and sugar..if you ask for a double double they press the dispenser twice. At home if you opt for table cream (or half & half) you alsoadd your own sugar as well...use a teaspoon and scoop as many as you need....or optional sugar cubes.

I guess the question could be "stupid" but if your whole introduction and experience with coffee is from those places and relatively new, can't blame Ya!
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
6117 posts
931 upvotes
Mississauga
No Frills wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 9:31 pm
I read the question again, sorry OP I get why you guessed the coffee whitner. Tims and McDs have a "sure shot" system that dispenses cream and sugar..if you ask for a double double they press the dispenser twice. At home if you opt for table cream (or half & half) you alsoadd your own sugar as well...use a teaspoon and scoop as many as you need....or optional sugar cubes.

I guess the question could be "stupid" but if your whole introduction and experience with coffee is from those places and relatively new, can't blame Ya!
Are you sure MCDs has the sure shot system? Because their coffee is always so inconsistent. Even tho I'm not a fan of Tims, their double double is always consistent no matter which location you visit. Whereas MCDs is inconsistent even at one location and depending on who's making it.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2009
4808 posts
489 upvotes
Toronto
Raggie wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 10:14 pm
Are you sure MCDs has the sure shot system? Because their coffee is always so inconsistent. Even tho I'm not a fan of Tims, their double double is always consistent no matter which location you visit. Whereas MCDs is inconsistent even at one location and depending on who's making it.
Not 100% about McDs, however many complain about TH inconsistencies but it may have more to do about the coffee brewing.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
May 14, 2010
532 posts
72 upvotes
Mississauga

Coffee Mate has a "double double" cream
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
3472 posts
938 upvotes
Moncton
A large DoubleDouble has more fat and sugar (but fewer carbs) than 2 Boston Cream donuts!

Tim Hortons uses cream with 18% milk fat. They also adjust the amount of cream and sugar based on the size of the cup. I’m convinced confusion over the quantity of cream and sugar defines most people’s like/dislike of various medium roast coffees. I drink my coffee black and although I appreciate the subtle differences, I wouldn’t cross the street for a different brand of coffee.

There is already sugar in milk and cream. Cut the added sugar first. At least the milk and cream contain nutrients.

Salt/sodium makes coffee taste less bitter. If you don’t yet appreciate the bitterness of coffee and don’t want to add a pinch of salt to your drink, just have a slice of toast.
Toronto is a very small part of Canada
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2007
3853 posts
549 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I'm just scratching my head at why OP's link is to uline.ca, like seriously, OP goes to uline for groceries? Googling "coffee creamer" doesn't even give uline on the first page, which I would understand if OP googled and linked to the first results.
Sep 21, 2017
13 posts
5 upvotes
Vancouver
I've seen people order like 5 creams 4 sugars and I kinda think do you even taste the coffee at that point seems kinda gross to me. But I also find Tim Hortons to be so inconsistent. A double double will often not taste sweet at all just like tons of cream but the next time its very little cream. But I do know Tim's uses 18% cream as I saw it behind the counter. When I make coffee at home I usually use half and half tho.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
4009 posts
563 upvotes
Aurora
funcanuck wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 3:18 pm
I've seen people order like 5 creams 4 sugars and I kinda think do you even taste the coffee at that point seems kinda gross to me.
LOL. I call that a coffee flavoured milkshake heated up.
Apr 28, 2014
164 posts
54 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Dealmaker1945 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 8:06 pm
I was at a Timmy's in Hamilton downtown one morning and a ragged looking couple ahead of me both ordered a "triple-triple". The server didn't bat an eye. Is that what you call a healthy breakfast in Hamilton? LOL
I'm not sure- when I lived in Hamilton I don't think I stepped in a Tim Horton's once- but I wouldn't be surprised! It did originate there, after all- maybe they honed their skills peddling sugar first on Hamiltonians.

I don't know why, either, I really felt the need to point out the health impacts of the double double. I'm hardly a paragon of virtue when it comes to healthy eating. I should instead have commended theunderstudy for trying to avoid going to a coffee shop one or more times a day, and save his pennies instead. I know plenty of people who get two larges each and every weekday, and then complain to me about the price of this and not having enough money for that.

Sorry for being such a curmudgeon. I'm glad they have their simple pleasures, and all that. But kudos to OP nonetheless.