• Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2018 12:15 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 6, 2017
25 posts
2 upvotes

Where to get custom prints/posters?

For example, I want this but in black and white and without the writing.

http://www.allposters.ca/-sp/Pulp-Ficti ... 33649_.htm

I find the photo online but it's not big enough for a big print (pixels too small). Does anyone know how I can get it custom?

The reason why I specifically want it black and white is because I like to frame such prints with a mat and black frame (it looks great). Thanks in advance for your help!
4 replies
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
2261 posts
288 upvotes
What you're asking for is illegal. You're not the owner of the photo. You don't have the right to reproduce it.
[OP]
Dec 6, 2017
25 posts
2 upvotes
shutterbug wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 8:50 pm
What you're asking for is illegal. You're not the owner of the photo. You don't have the right to reproduce it.
Is there a database where I can LEGALLY rent the photo? Like Getty for example
Sep 30, 2015
15 posts
3 upvotes
Ashburn, ON
Yes you can. Use a search to look through photos that offer licensing through Creative Commons, you may use that photo for free but you must follow the of the conditions of the license that you select.
The owner of the work will have no problem with you printing off the photo to hang on your wall in colour or B&W.
You probably won't find a Pulp Fiction poster but you never know. Read up on Creative Commons and go from there.
[OP]
Dec 6, 2017
25 posts
2 upvotes
WilliamRaft wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2018 10:42 am
Yes you can. Use a search to look through photos that offer licensing through Creative Commons, you may use that photo for free but you must follow the of the conditions of the license that you select.
The owner of the work will have no problem with you printing off the photo to hang on your wall in colour or B&W.
You probably won't find a Pulp Fiction poster but you never know. Read up on Creative Commons and go from there.
Thank you very much for your help! So much more helpful than the previous reply.

I actually ended up finding the pic I wanted and got it made (b & w). Sadly, it's slightly blurry because of its size (24x36). The owner/renter of the photo told me that because this is an old print, it's common for them to be blurry, at that size.

Overall, I'm still happy with the result. Now I'm going to get it framed. Thanks again for the help