• Last Updated:
  • Aug 29th, 2006 2:05 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 11, 2006
117 posts
Toronto

Where to get lady suits of size 0?

Going to job interviews in the near future. I need to buy well-fitted suits for myself. Been to the Bay the other day. Surprising to me, I couldn't find any suits of size 0.

Could I have some advice on where to get smaller-sized suits, please?
Whoever says money can't buy your happiness doesn't know where to shop or when to shop. :idea:
22 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
1025 posts
104 upvotes
Maple
Try stores that cater more to the younger crowd. I haven't really looked here (bought my suits in Hong Kong), but I'd think places like Mexx, Jacobs, Club Monaco would have fairly inexpensive suits. If you wanted more upscale, try places like Femme de Carriere. Possibly also Benetton?
Jan 11, 2006
117 posts
Toronto
Thanks a lot, lilnymphie. I'll go see those places.
Whoever says money can't buy your happiness doesn't know where to shop or when to shop. :idea:
Deal Fanatic
Jul 18, 2003
7411 posts
2213 upvotes
Etobicoke
Pacific Mall.

My girlfriend is size 0 - 1 as well. Hard to find nice clothes that fit her properly. And kids clothing just won't do. But Pacific Mall has tonnes of size 0 or smaller clothing.
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
21465 posts
4880 upvotes
YUL
eelfliw wrote:Pacific Mall.

My girlfriend is size 0 - 1 as well. Hard to find nice clothes that fit her properly. And kids clothing just won't do. But Pacific Mall has tonnes of size 0 or smaller clothing.
I agree, and that's due to the fact that Asian women, in general, are smaller than caucasian.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2003
3133 posts
16 upvotes
go to holts, you'll find plenty in 0, theory also makes 00 for you extra slim ladies.
Wealth Is Of The Heart And Mind, Not The Pocket
Banned
Sep 28, 2005
78 posts
Catie wrote:Going to job interviews in the near future. I need to buy well-fitted suits for myself. Been to the Bay the other day. Surprising to me, I couldn't find any suits of size 0.

Could I have some advice on where to get smaller-sized suits, please?
I saw a really nice suit at Aritzia but it was expensive but they for sure will have your size. I am size 0 as well and I fit into Club Monaco and Jacob perfectly.
Jan 11, 2006
117 posts
Toronto
kiwi1214 wrote:I saw a really nice suit at Aritzia but it was expensive but they for sure will have your size. I am size 0 as well and I fit into Club Monaco and Jacob perfectly.
um, I didn't know about Aritzia. Where can I find it, like Eaton, Yorkdale..?
Banned
Jul 23, 2006
1058 posts
Job interview eh?

Make sure that they are well fitted - skin tight - spandex helps.
Show off the cleavage. You will get the job easy
And if you are a Dee - Please don
Aug 21, 2005
255 posts
GTA
poorwingman wrote:Eaton Centre, Yorkdale, Bloor and Sherway Gardens.

http://www.aritzia.ca/aritzia.php
don't forget square one and vaughn mills...although i've never seen suits (other than track suits) at aritzia before.
Nov 11, 2005
38 posts
16 upvotes
Try fairweather or laura petites. When I was a size 0 (a million years ago it seems) I shopped at fairweather.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
3630 posts
4 upvotes
I'd skip Aritizia- they are way too trendy for buying a work/business suit and I see them mainly selling clothing for people who want to look trrendy clubbing or going out- so most likely what you buy there would be overpriced and dated very quickly.

Femme de Cariere is usually pretty good, as is Holts.

But if you have such a hard time, try and get a custom suit- alot of times it is much cheaper than a "brand name" suit and you can pick the fabric you want and save yourself the trouble of running around for weeks!

and if you don't know of any place where they cut women's suits- try asking a men;s place if they can recomend someone of if they will do it for you?

I don't see why they tailor would turn down your business anyways.
at least try calling a few mens places for recomendations
This user has no signature! :| :| :|
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2002
1514 posts
16 upvotes
North York
maxwell clothiers, travelling tailors, is coming to Toronto in 2 weeks.. just a heads up
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
1341 posts
81 upvotes
Suzy Shier has some nice suits...bought one today :)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
9290 posts
3150 upvotes
Mississauga
Aritzia DOES have conservative suits. The cut is really nice but they are a little pricey. They had a big sale just not too long ago. When they go on sale thats when you should buy.

Mexx will have your size. Their size 2's will fit a size 0. But I find their prices have gone way up and the quality has gone way down.
Aug 19, 2005
278 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver
Yea, try Jacobs. Their clothes are professional looking and reasonably priced. As a bonus, suites usually go on sale for ~50% off at the end of the season (or whenever they get new inventory).