• Apr 16th, 2009 3:51 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2006
1347 posts
6 upvotes

Where to get LV other than LV stores

I have a friend whose looking for this wallet and she wants to try to find it at the cheapest place before looking into a LV store. It has to be authentic and cheaper than retail.
Im just asking on her behalf, since I dont know much about LV's in the first place.
Thanks a lot.
[IMG]http://hk.image.auctions.yahoo.com/user ... ____-5.jpg[/IMG]
43 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2003
3133 posts
16 upvotes
you can only buy them at LV stores. The price is the price. If you wana try and save a buck, you can always venture on the wonderful world of eBay.
Wealth Is Of The Heart And Mind, Not The Pocket
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2006
1533 posts
12 upvotes
Woodbridge
Authentic. Lv. Cheap. Pick 2.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2004
2092 posts
449 upvotes
The only cheaper way I can think of if you have, by random chance, any friends or know of anyone going down to St. Thomas US Virgin Islands. The Yacht Haven mall (http://www.yachthavengrande.com/index.php) outside the pier that has high end shops has a LV store. The price is in USD but it's tax free.
Jun 5, 2008
31 posts
rhill
you can also try yahoo auctions japan...most of their stuff are legit..and u can find a good deal..just that u need to deal with a proxy and stuff
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2008
1610 posts
4 upvotes
LV is LV, you can't be cash-strapped and buy stuff from them.
Oct 1, 2005
424 posts
9 upvotes
sazien21 wrote: you can also try yahoo auctions japan...most of their stuff are legit..and u can find a good deal..just that u need to deal with a proxy and stuff
Or a shopping service, which after fees and shipping might not be cheaper than getting it here...
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29332 posts
10713 upvotes
Hamilton
eLuxury? I don't think they ship to Canada though
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2006
1347 posts
6 upvotes
hmm, i will surely pass on the suggestions
how much do these wallets run for?
Deal Guru
Sep 13, 2007
11105 posts
6746 upvotes
Toronto
vincent-poon wrote: hmm, i will surely pass on the suggestions
how much do these wallets run for?
$400+ i believe
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
25310 posts
2536 upvotes
Markham, ON
vincent-poon wrote: I have a friend whose looking for this wallet and she wants to try to find it at the cheapest place before looking into a LV store. It has to be authentic and cheaper than retail.
Im just asking on her behalf, since I dont know much about LV's in the first place.
Thanks a lot.
[IMG]http://hk.image.auctions.yahoo.com/user ... ____-5.jpg[/IMG]
:lol: trying to impress her by trying to get a deal on RFD :lol:

...next time don't even bother if it's Prada, Gucci, or LV
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2006
6364 posts
776 upvotes
Toronto
Only authorized dealers carry LV. It's exclusive for a reason. Anywhere else... prob fake. They set the prices and the prices will only increase based on inflation. It is usually cheaper to buy it sooner than later but then again a dollar today is worth more than a dollar in the future. LV store, HR or you can venture down to the US. The only thing is the CDN dollar is garbage right now so you'll prob end up paying more there after conversion. If they haven't already adjusted the prices to match the US dollar you can prob still get them for a decent price like $400cdn as opposed to $400us. The graphite bi-fold I believe is $400+ and you prob won't find it cheaper. These things don't go on sale anyways.
Mar 18, 2005
779 posts
32 upvotes
just fly to france.. its 40% cheaper there. :cheesygri
Dec 18, 2008
949 posts
25 upvotes
HOlt Renfrew, Bloomingdales, Saks Fifth Avenue carry LV inside their stores
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
1880 posts
95 upvotes
The only other way I can think of is to buy it used. I recall a wallet similar to that in the classifieds. It might have been sold though..
Dec 10, 2004
871 posts
18 upvotes
Vancouver
You can't buy LV at a discount in Canada. The closest you can get is with some of the private shopping nights that are held at Holts when you get a certain amount of cash back with purchases over $750, but that won't apply with the wallet you posted.

The only way I've bought LV at a discount is when traveling but that's because of VAT refunds/dollar conversions not because of an actual discount. LV doesn't go on sale - it's not like Burberry and Gucci that you can often find on sale.
Sep 15, 2007
662 posts
2 upvotes
YYZ
mitboi wrote: just fly to france.. its 40% cheaper there. :cheesygri
Germany is even cheaper then France because you get more VAT refund in Germany. ;)
Sep 15, 2007
662 posts
2 upvotes
YYZ
As a matter of fact, I have made a few trips to Frankfurt Germany just to buy LV products (mainly jewelries) and "smuggle" them back. The money we saved can more than cover the business class airfares plus hotel accommodations there.

The list price in Europe is slightly less than the list price in Canada. But in Europe, you get about 13% VAT back and in Ontario, Canada, you would have to pay 13% GST and PST.

Of course, doing it this way involves some risk of being caught by customs resulting in the item being seized.

Some friends of mine just went to LV in Canada and bought the items they wanted to buy in Europe. Then went to Europe with the Canadian invoices so customs wouldn't question them when they brought the goods back. Then they went to LV Canada and refunded the items. This works for purses and leather goods but not for watches, jewelries, etc. And any special limited edition items can't be done this way because if you don't know the managers at LV, you won't be able to buy them anyways.
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2008
3153 posts
24 upvotes
Curious, what makes this $400 wallet better than say a $40 wallet? Aside from the supposed "exclusivity" of this brand. If you say "functionality", is it really worth $400? Couldn't you get a hand-crafted wallet (same material) for much cheaper?