PC & Video Games

Where to get Super Robot Wars T English version in GTA?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 10th, 2019 10:46 pm
[OP]
Aug 16, 2010
128 posts
19 upvotes

Where to get Super Robot Wars T English version in GTA?

Been playing English versions of this game since V.

Now that the newest game is out, I'm trying to find alternatives to Play Asia, preferrably physical location in GTA where I can go and pick it up.

Does anybody know if there is such a place in GTA? Either PS4 or Switch version is fine since I have both.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, does anybody buy regularly from Play Asia? Last year, I bought from there and chose Fedex option and I had to pay tax to pick up the game from Fedex. My last option is to go that route again and I'm wondering if there's any way to avoid paying tax on top of already high converted price and shipping fee. Will probably try normal shipping route instead of express to see if there's any difference but was wondering if anybody definitely knew if I would still have to pay additional tax.
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7665 posts
2276 upvotes
I bought the physical versions of Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 Scarlet and Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Trilogy (PS4 and Switch versions for both)
off ebay.com and amazon.co.jp. I did not get charged additional taxes.

Both games are in English by default despite being the Japanese version. Although with Dead or Alive Xtreme 3, the characters speak Japanese
but the game has English subtitles and all english menus. DoA Xtreme 3 is not being released at all outside of Asia, and Phoenix Wright
Ace Attorney Trilogy is getting a digital-only release outside of Asia.

For amazon Japan, scroll all the way to the bottom and change the website's language to English from the drop down menu.
or go here: https://www.amazon.co.jp/?language=en_US

Amazon calculates the import fees and taxes in advance therefore what you pay amazon at checkout is what you will pay in total.
No additional taxes upon receiving the item.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2013
2081 posts
1274 upvotes
Markham
If there is such a store down in the GTA I would definitely check it out.

I've used Play Asia only occasionally I haven't had a problem personally but I did the Economy shipping, no customs fees from that one.

The majority of the Asia English versions I simply buy when I'm down in Hong Kong. These Asia English releases were also meant for Singapore so I suspect they're even easier to find there. So yeah, I'm likely headed back to Hong Kong again later in the year and will pick up SRW T.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2004
3194 posts
540 upvotes
Oh wow didn't know there are other people on RFD who aralso e SRW fans LOL. The best price I've seen so far is on Fleabay... if only there was aa coupon I'd go and buy it right away. https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Super-Robot-War ... Sw5k1cim1S

Otherwise like JeganV I'll probably get it from Oriental 188 when I'm in Hong Kong