Fashion & Beauty

Where to get Vintage Omega watch checked?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 10th, 2018 6:00 pm
[OP]
Jun 10, 2015
44 posts
147 upvotes
Thornhill, ON

Where to get Vintage Omega watch checked?

Hello RFDers!

I recently bought a vintage 1980s Omega Seamaster on eBay and just wanted to bring it somewhere to have a look to a) make sure everything is working correctly and b) everything is authentic. Not sure where to start as its really my first vintage watch that I splurged on.

Any recommendations for shops or know of a watch master would be helpful.

Thanks!
21 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2006
1353 posts
292 upvotes
Archer told me a few months ago that they've stopped accepting new customers due to their volume so YMMV.

Shane Ede seems to have good feedback on the watchuseek forums. Haven't used his service myself but I will go to him when my Omega needs servicing in a few months.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2009
3869 posts
632 upvotes
Aurora
alex_d10 wrote:
Jun 11th, 2018 11:03 pm
Archer told me a few months ago that they've stopped accepting new customers due to their volume so YMMV.

Shane Ede seems to have good feedback on the watchuseek forums. Haven't used his service myself but I will go to him when my Omega needs servicing in a few months.
Recommended. I've used him several times. Shady location but a solid watchmaker.
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
Penalty Box
Jan 15, 2006
10076 posts
4843 upvotes
Richmond Hill
mebiuspower wrote:
Jun 16th, 2018 9:09 am
Shane is a nice guy but he's not very clean.
Ummm isn’t clean important?
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2005
4571 posts
671 upvotes
EP32k2 wrote:
Jun 16th, 2018 9:10 am
Ummm isn’t clean important?
To me it is, but some people are more than happy that he'll fix your watch for cheap.
Penalty Box
Jan 15, 2006
10076 posts
4843 upvotes
Richmond Hill
mebiuspower wrote:
Jun 16th, 2018 9:33 am
To me it is, but some people are more than happy that he'll fix your watch for cheap.
Gotcha. So if I want my 007 serviced Shane is my guy.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2009
3869 posts
632 upvotes
Aurora
Well, he's serviced several of my watches, and they all continue to operate accurately.

I guess if he's making me a sandwich it might be something to consider. But I'd rather save several hundred dollars and use that money to buy my meals elsewhere.
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
Jun 29, 2015
156 posts
102 upvotes
Canada Eh?
I have two 1950-60s Omega's and I typically bring it to the Omega service center: The Swatch Group Canada Ltd.

Obviously it'll cost more, but another method you can do is to mail it directly to Switzerland after contacting the Omega rep's for an authorization.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7343 posts
1295 upvotes
Are you just purely guessing or based on your personal experience cause Swatch / Omega has a service center in Canada and if anyone has to send anything is likely to there from Canada.
pseudosammich wrote:
Jun 16th, 2018 11:31 pm
I have two 1950-60s Omega's and I typically bring it to the Omega service center: The Swatch Group Canada Ltd.

Obviously it'll cost more, but another method you can do is to mail it directly to Switzerland after contacting the Omega rep's for an authorization.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
1447 posts
240 upvotes
Toronto
alex_d10 wrote:
Jun 11th, 2018 11:03 pm

So if i had work done on my watch few years back with Al am I an existing customer?
Penalty Box
Jan 15, 2006
10076 posts
4843 upvotes
Richmond Hill
hdom wrote:
Jun 17th, 2018 3:58 am
Are you just purely guessing or based on your personal experience cause Swatch / Omega has a service center in Canada and if anyone has to send anything is likely to there from Canada.
He said he typically brings it to swatch. So is that not implying that he has done it there?

I have had my SMPc serviced there before and it was fine. Watch came back like new and with a 2 year warranty.
Jun 29, 2015
156 posts
102 upvotes
Canada Eh?
hdom wrote:
Jun 17th, 2018 3:58 am
I've brought it there three times. All came back with no complaints and a 2 year warranty.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)