Page 1 of 1

Where to have remote car starter installed in GTA

Posted: Dec 18th, 2006 11:58 am
by wardley_99
Just purchased a Prostart remote car starter from CT in the weekend. Not sure where is the good place to have it installed in my car at reasonable price. Any info/exprerience is much appriciated.

Re: Where to have remote car starter installed in GTA

Posted: Dec 18th, 2006 12:28 pm
by weedb0y
Call up Rony at 416-826-5169. Tell him, Billy told you about him. He used to own a Car Audio/Alarms shop and now is working for Panasonic and also works for Oakville Honda along with Mississauga Honda as welll for car alarms. Dealership makes $200 on each install.

He will do it for cheap directly.

Car Audio Guy

Posted: Jan 3rd, 2007 2:43 pm
by chrisc2
weedb0y wrote: Call up Rony at 416-826-5169. Tell him, Bilal told you about him. He used to own a Car Audio/Alarms shop and now is working for Panasonic and also works for Oakville Honda along with Mississauga Honda as welll for car alarms. Dealership makes $200 on each install.

He will do it for cheap directly.
Hey,

Im looking for an installation of a navigation/car audio system - do you know if Rony can install these and how much he might charge for them? I called around and I got prices from $200-$300.

Thanks,
Christian

Posted: Jan 3rd, 2007 4:30 pm
by weedb0y
chrisc2 wrote: Hey,

Im looking for an installation of a navigation/car audio system - do you know if Rony can install these and how much he might charge for them? I called around and I got prices from $200-$300.

Thanks,
Christian
Just give him a call..mention my name..i am sure he will do it cheaper..

Posted: Jan 4th, 2007 8:53 am
by 13inches
Audio Heaven in Richmond Hill. By far the best work AND customer service in the GTA.

After spending time in their customer lounge, you may never want to leave!

contact?

Posted: Jan 4th, 2007 10:23 am
by Corrupted Monk
13inches wrote: Audio Heaven in Richmond Hill. By far the best work AND customer service in the GTA.

Any contact information? what did u get done there and how much? I'm looking for my ProStart installed too....FUTURESHOP/CANADIAN TIRE.....BIG RIP OFF!!!

Monk

Posted: Jan 4th, 2007 10:41 am
by 13inches

Posted: Jan 4th, 2007 3:32 pm
by radeonboy
I swear by Selective Sound. Their new site is up: http://www.selectivesound.net/

6981 Millcreek Drive, Units 13 & 14
Mississauga, Ontario
L5N 6B8

Phone: 905-826-8998
E-mail: info@selectivesound.net
Hours of Operation
Mon-Fri 10am-7pm
Sat. 10am-6pm
Sun. Closed
---------------------------------------------

Selective Sound is a great place to get your installs done. I have no affiliation with them so this is just word of mouth. :lol:

They do top notch service and installs at an unbelievable price, seriously. I have had 5 cars done by Selective Sound and for great reason, and I always go back. I checked around other shops such as Audio Heaven and Lockdown Enterprises. I compared prices and Selective Sound was by far the cheapest by a large margin.

Although it was cheapest out of the bunch, quality to attention and detail and install is amazing. They go the extra mile such as to solder their wire work. They don't just twist them. Solder is important in this type of work. And their installs are clean like OE style. They bundle and hide the wires which is a plus.

For myself for example I bought an alarm/remote starter combo off ebay. So I got them to install it on my Civic with another piezo siren for about ~$120, don't remember exact price as this was a while ago...but its cheap, close to that number, trust me.

Please note that numbers will be different for you possibly because I did not have automatic door locks hooked, and didn't have other needs that the alarm offered. BTW: If your car is newer you might need a bypass module. They sell these cheap too.

If you call Selective Sound, please mention my name, this is important. Mention: Michael from Toronto Civic Club (username: My93Civic). Please talk to "Davis".

Good luck, you won't be dissapointed.

- Michael

Posted: Jan 4th, 2007 3:54 pm
by robattoronto
If any of you guys would like to install it yourself but need help let me know. I installed a more complex 2way compustar remote starter with alarm just a few weeks ago all by myself.

All you need is a wire colour mapping of your car, some relays if needed, electric tape and lots of patience. Wire colour mapping can be found on the internet. If your car is newer, you'll have to figure out if your car needs a bypass kit. Its a fairly simple job if your car is older.

Posted: Jan 4th, 2007 7:29 pm
by EH100501AC
13inches wrote: Audio Heaven in Richmond Hill. By far the best work AND customer service in the GTA.

Ask for Jeff. Tell him Ed from TSC sent you ;)

Posted: Jan 10th, 2007 3:48 pm
by darv
I just had my prostart 2way installed at auto-links in scarborough for only 80 bucks they did it the service was great they let me watch the whole job and it was done right on time
the prostart is a good unit the range on it is amazing i didnt hook up the power locks because my car doesnt have it but i'm going back later to add in the motors give them a shout 4167518883 ask for john