Fashion & Beauty

Where to hem jeans in great toronto area!!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 2nd, 2013 8:11 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2005
3863 posts
16 upvotes

Where to hem jeans in great toronto area!!!!

Can Someone Help Me!! Please I Need To Hem Them Today
18 replies
Dec 19, 2006
193 posts
today was a long time ago
i think my friend did it at pants or something im not sure

i will ask
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2004
2092 posts
449 upvotes
I go to these tailors at Lawrence Square plaza (Lawrence and Allen Rd). It's like $5 and they do a good job. I trust them with all my pants from my Sevens to cheap Zara pants. They can also do the original hem for a little more.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2004
2539 posts
102 upvotes
The place at markville will rape you in terms of cost ($30) but get it done in an hour
Deal Guru
Sep 13, 2007
11102 posts
6746 upvotes
Toronto
Bathrust Station Downstairs ;)
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2004
2788 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
McLaren__F1 wrote: Bathrust Station Downstairs ;)
Woah I used to walk past there everyday; people actually go there? lol
Heatware: spikyazn (11-0-0)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
9295 posts
3156 upvotes
Mississauga
I just had my new jeans done at Loblaws in Mississauga. Theres a cute little old European man who runs the little operation. He does an excellent job. He has a method of measuring the length of the hem but I find it ends up too short so when I get to the changeroom, I readjust the hemline because I don't want to insult him.
Dec 12, 2005
555 posts
2 upvotes
girlstar wrote: I go to these tailors at Lawrence Square plaza (Lawrence and Allen Rd). It's like $5 and they do a good job. I trust them with all my pants from my Sevens to cheap Zara pants. They can also do the original hem for a little more.
Do you know exactly what the store is called? Or is there only one tailor in Lawrence Square?
:)
Deal Addict
May 27, 2004
1119 posts
451 upvotes
girlstar wrote: I go to these tailors at Lawrence Square plaza (Lawrence and Allen Rd). It's like $5 and they do a good job. I trust them with all my pants from my Sevens to cheap Zara pants. They can also do the original hem for a little more.
Is that the plaza right across the street from Lawrence Square beside the Petro Canada?
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2006
3849 posts
516 upvotes
Toronto
there is a guy that does hemming at Lawrence and Dufferin (southeast corner) too. good job for a very cheap price. he's usually not that busy so it can be done within the same day.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2004
2092 posts
449 upvotes
pakmode wrote: Is that the plaza right across the street from Lawrence Square beside the Petro Canada?
Lawrence Square is the mall. Across from Petro Canada (nothing's really beside Petro except a small small plaza), 650 or 700 Lawrence Avenue West (I can't remember the address). There is only alteration place in there. It's across from the Canadian employment agency help services in the back near Fortinos.
Sep 10, 2006
336 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
hmm.. is it $5 flat? or depends on length and type of hem etc.. pretty close to where i live so i'll check it out when i have the time..

also.. has anyone had their jeans hemmed at stitch it (yorkdale location or others)? how was the job and price?
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2003
2050 posts
335 upvotes
Toronto
qwertypk wrote: hmm.. is it $5 flat? or depends on length and type of hem etc.. pretty close to where i live so i'll check it out when i have the time..

also.. has anyone had their jeans hemmed at stitch it (yorkdale location or others)? how was the job and price?
I'd imagine they would do a decent job, but it would cost $15 and upwards probably...
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2003
1249 posts
357 upvotes
Toronto
qwertypk wrote: also.. has anyone had their jeans hemmed at stitch it (yorkdale location or others)? how was the job and price?
i usually get a euro hem for my jeans and they are a bit on the expensive side at stitch it...like $13.99 + tax for each pair.

i used to be a regular customer for them (like 20+ pairs of pants), but my last few visits have been a complete disaster...ranging from:

- obviously uneven inseam lengths (i could see this with my bare eye)
- too long (must have lost the pin when they took my measurements...my shoes were catching the jeans every time i took a step)
- too short (after they focked up the above pair)
- and now they lost the pair that they made too short (rather than reimbursing me any $ amount, i asked that they fix it whatever way they can).

i'll give them until monday to find it before i ask for fair compensation.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2005
3863 posts
16 upvotes
the tailors are cloverdale mall are EXCELLENT. 4 pairs of jeans, perfect, simply perfect
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2003
2050 posts
335 upvotes
Toronto
MoonDoggy wrote: there is a guy that does hemming at Lawrence and Dufferin (southeast corner) too. good job for a very cheap price. he's usually not that busy so it can be done within the same day.
I tried this guy out.. no complaints - quick and polite! $4.00 plus tax ($4.52) for jeans.. euro hem is a bit more, but they have examples of the hem on the wall and I figured I didn't need anything that fancy.
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2006
6364 posts
776 upvotes
Toronto
Jesus... necropost... depends on the type of hem people are looking for
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2007
2265 posts
305 upvotes
Mississauga
There is one at the flea market below the Dixie outlet mall. $8 for an hour. Usually faster than that. I buy jeans at the mall. Go downstairs for the hem. Have snack or lunch then, pick up pants. Always perfect.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)