• Last Updated:
  • Jul 12th, 2017 2:48 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jul 6, 2017
7 posts

where to hire sales reps?

I used to get quality resumes from Kijiji but now all the sales applications are from people who just came from another country with zero work experience in Cananda. I dont want to pay a hefty fee on Workopolis or Monster to find candidates because my positions are all entry sales jobs. Does anyone know a better alternative?
Last edited by dnndrk on Jul 7th, 2017 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
12 replies
Jun 18, 2017
202 posts
64 upvotes
Vancouver
My previous place of employment got 90% of their bites for entry level stuff (Customer Service/Sales/Data Entry) on Craig's List. When I was looking (not Sales) I mostly used LinkedIn though I don't know if it costs money to post jobs there.
That's my name...
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
7973 posts
2821 upvotes
Toronto
What's so bad about hiring people coming from India? They work twice as hard.
dnndrk wrote:
Jul 7th, 2017 2:17 pm
I used to get quality resumes from Kijiji but now all the sales applications are from people who just came from another country, mostly from India looking for work. I dont want to pay a hefty fee on Workopolis or Monster to find candidates because my positions are all entry sales jobs. Does anyone know a better alternative?

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
May 14, 2013
323 posts
234 upvotes
Edmonton
OP... hate to say this but if you use "he's from India" as your reason for not wanting to hire someone you better pray to whatever you believe in that a formal complaint isn't brought against you. What you have expressed is discriminatory in nature and it is fully prosecutable under the human rights commission.
[OP]
Jul 6, 2017
7 posts
BambooMonster wrote:
Jul 7th, 2017 3:56 pm
OP... hate to say this but if you use "he's from India" as your reason for not wanting to hire someone you better pray to whatever you believe in that a formal complaint isn't brought against you. What you have expressed is discriminatory in nature and it is fully prosecutable under the human rights commission.
I didnt mean to ask in a discriminatory tone. Sorry
[OP]
Jul 6, 2017
7 posts
Cheapo-Findo wrote:
Jul 7th, 2017 3:50 pm
What's so bad about hiring people coming from India? They work twice as hard.
nothing wrong from being from india, i hired two workers from there and they're still here. But most of the candidates from there cant speak english properly. My reason for not hiring them has nothing to do with where they came from. I should edit my post.
May 21, 2015
116 posts
22 upvotes
Vancouver
indeed is good but it's pay per click. not as expensive as monster or workopolis but not free like craigslist or kijiji. yes it costs a lot of money to post a job on linkedin
Jun 18, 2017
202 posts
64 upvotes
Vancouver
typejr wrote:
Jul 7th, 2017 5:34 pm
indeed is good but it's pay per click. not as expensive as monster or workopolis but not free like craigslist or kijiji. yes it costs a lot of money to post a job on linkedin
Interesting, I wasn't sure about that. Makes sense they keep sending me barely related jobs in my inbox then.
That's my name...
Apr 2, 2017
18 posts
Try indeed, i have had great luck finding customer service reps from there.
however if you are looking for good sales people, checkout LinkedIn and message some people with good profile.
Banned
Jun 19, 2017
256 posts
180 upvotes
dnndrk wrote:
I used to get quality resumes from Kijiji but now all the sales applications are from people who just came from another country with zero work experience in Cananda. I dont want to pay a hefty fee on Workopolis or Monster to find candidates because my positions are all entry sales jobs. Does anyone know a better alternative?
I use indeed
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2012
3018 posts
298 upvotes
Mississauga
Have you thought of posting on some Start Up websites like Start Up North ?
May 12, 2007
949 posts
52 upvotes
dnndrk wrote:
Try scouting from other companies. Some of my best sales reps come from:

Goodlife fitness
TD Bank
Nordstrom
Michael Kors
Redbull Marketing Team

Kind of varies, but basically as long as you have someone who has the guts to ask for the sale, then they are a good candidate.