Fashion & Beauty

Where/How to buy Uniqlo clothing in Canada?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2018 6:56 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2006
4438 posts
150 upvotes

Where/How to buy Uniqlo clothing in Canada?

Last summer, I went on a short trip to NYC and while I was there, I went into Uniqlo and got some clothes, notably 2 polos and a t-shirt. The quality of those 3 basics was awesome for how much I was paying (was like $15-$20 for the polo, the t-shirt was like $7), better than H&M stuff. The XS (at least American XS, for whatever reason it fitted more like a small in any other brand; odd considering Uniqlo I thought was an Asian brand) polo fits me better than any of the other brand's polo, and their small t-shirt was another that fit me real well. I realize there's no stores in Toronto (or Canada for that matter) nor do they have an online store that ships worldwide. Is there anyway I can get their stuff without paying a bloated price? As far as I know, I won't be making another trip to NYC soon so going back there in the near future is out of the question.
79 replies
Dec 25, 2012
82 posts
23 upvotes
Etobicoke
The only way would be to travel to NYC or Vancouver. If not, then order online and use one of those border services for further shipping
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2006
4438 posts
150 upvotes
hdom wrote:
Feb 12th, 2013 8:24 pm
Similar question asked not long ago:

uniqlo-1269798/
IWearSuits wrote:
Feb 12th, 2013 8:26 pm
The only way would be to travel to NYC or Vancouver. If not, then order online and use one of those border services for further shipping
I see...reading that thread that hdom posted...so to even order from the Uniqlo online store I need an American credit card. How abouts would I go to do that also? And using a border service, would CBI USA work? I've never used them myself but have heard good things about them. I live in the Niagara region during the school year so it be quite easy for me to make a quick visit there once or twice. I found this statement in their shipping thing...does this rule out CBI USA?
APO/FPO/P.O. BOX

At this time we are unable to ship to military addresses/P.O. boxes/some US territories including Guam, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Also from that thread, suggested I get a friend from the US to ship it to me...problem is I don't have one there.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
5865 posts
590 upvotes
Mississauga
you can also use reship.com, it gives you a US shipping address that you ship it to, then when it arrives, they charge you shipping costs to canada.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2012
1815 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
the shipping companies are expensive.

i tried forwardit.us, and the price was doubled the US amount with shipping, and not even counting the duty + tax. HELLL NOOO
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2006
4438 posts
150 upvotes
Thanks for all the replies, seems like forwarding them is the only option at the moment for me :( . I am though considering somehow getting a US-eligible credit card and then getting it shipped to CBI USA...perhaps adding a secondary address to a Canadian credit card? Is it as easy as just calling the credit card company and putting CBI USA as the secondary address? Their website suggested as another option of getting a prepaid American credit card as an option. Also, I read the following on Uniqlo's website...is CBI USA any of these and will they not ship there?
APO/FPO/P.O. BOX

At this time we are unable to ship to military addresses/P.O. boxes/some US territories including Guam, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
cire wrote:
Feb 12th, 2013 8:41 pm
http://www.gamesforcanada.com/package-forwarding.php

used them twice. great service and very reasonable prices.
Is that only for games or everything?
Kunman wrote:
Feb 13th, 2013 12:12 am
the shipping companies are expensive.

i tried forwardit.us, and the price was doubled the US amount with shipping, and not even counting the duty + tax. HELLL NOOO
What did you order (like cost and how many items) and how much was it prior and after using forwardit.us?
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
18920 posts
4027 upvotes
Thornhill
I definitely regret not buying more stuff from Uniqlo when I was in NYC as well. Doubt I'll be back for a few years.

If you're only looking for shirts/polos (and if they're vacuum sealed), I may be able to pick up a few things for you when I'm in Tokyo later this year. I'm a medium though (and I plan to buy a lot of stuff from Uniqlo, though that may change hah) so it'll really depend on my luggage capacity :P
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2012
1815 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
i tried to odrd 4 ties, 9.90 each comes out to about 40.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2006
4438 posts
150 upvotes
Kunman wrote:
Feb 14th, 2013 10:02 am
i tried to odrd 4 ties, 9.90 each comes out to about 40.
So after the forwarding service, you had to pay $80...??
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2006
4438 posts
150 upvotes
coriolis wrote:
Feb 14th, 2013 7:30 am
I definitely regret not buying more stuff from Uniqlo when I was in NYC as well. Doubt I'll be back for a few years.

If you're only looking for shirts/polos (and if they're vacuum sealed), I may be able to pick up a few things for you when I'm in Tokyo later this year. I'm a medium though (and I plan to buy a lot of stuff from Uniqlo, though that may change hah) so it'll really depend on my luggage capacity :P
Sure...sounds good, as long as both of us remember about it whenever you're going :) .
Aug 31, 2006
550 posts
7 upvotes
Markham
^ I was goin to say the same. I usually hit up NYC a couple of times a yr. Next trip may be summer. Let cha know.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2012
1815 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
Canada_7 wrote:
Feb 14th, 2013 3:09 pm
So after the forwarding service, you had to pay $80...??
yes
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2006
4438 posts
150 upvotes
lovepizza wrote:
Feb 14th, 2013 5:40 pm
^ I was goin to say the same. I usually hit up NYC a couple of times a yr. Next trip may be summer. Let cha know.
I'd be down for that too. Thanks.
Kunman wrote:
Feb 14th, 2013 9:30 pm
yes
Damn...that's pretty ridiculous.