Fashion & Beauty

Where/How to buy Uniqlo clothing in Canada?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2018 6:56 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2007
2906 posts
226 upvotes
Toronto
I can vouch for cbi, and I actually have an account there. I great customer service. Each package is like 5 bucks or 1.80 if u pay for the yearly membership. My wife and I order lots from the states, baby stuff is so much cheaper and about 90 percent of my wardrobe is via online so it made sense to get membership. Another good thing is they will hold packages for like 3 months without charging you.
Yes on the Addy for cc. Call up cc company and add cbi as a secondary address. The cc should go through when the company calls and verifies Addy - again I've done this before ordering cookware. I most of the time this should work. I unqilo makes the best socks
Nov 10, 2004
757 posts
279 upvotes
Chatham
Canada_7 wrote:
Feb 14th, 2013 3:04 am
Thanks for all the replies, seems like forwarding them is the only option at the moment for me :( . I am though considering somehow getting a US-eligible credit card and then getting it shipped to CBI USA...perhaps adding a secondary address to a Canadian credit card? Is it as easy as just calling the credit card company and putting CBI USA as the secondary address? Their website suggested as another option of getting a prepaid American credit card as an option. Also, I read the following on Uniqlo's website...is CBI USA any of these and will they not ship there?

Is that only for games or everything?

What did you order (like cost and how many items) and how much was it prior and after using forwardit.us?
Everything, I've ordered a bag and a watch that he delivered.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2006
4438 posts
150 upvotes
Havo wrote:
Feb 16th, 2013 12:05 am
Having family as your parcel forwarding service is the best lolz... I never have any issues with getting stuff from the US
Problem is I don't have anyone in the US that can do that. My parents know of I think one relative but we're not close nor do we know them that well.

Anyways, update, tried to add a secondary address to a credit card but would not work. Guess CBI USA is out as an option because of that for now. :(
cire wrote:
Feb 15th, 2013 11:56 pm
Everything, I've ordered a bag and a watch that he delivered.
I see, so with them, it's $10 for a month, and then $1 for each package I order to be delivered through them, plus whatever quote they give me then for the item I wanna order?
Apr 28, 2004
646 posts
156 upvotes
Bumping old thread.

My US credit card with CBI address was rejected.

Any other way to order items from online store?
Sep 28, 2009
71 posts
46 upvotes
Not in Canada yet, but hopefully they will come soon!
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
18920 posts
4027 upvotes
Thornhill
A close friend of mine works in the interior design industry, and recently was visiting old colleagues at another firm over lunch. Both MUJI and UNIQLO are on their way here, MUJI at Atrium on Bay, UNIQLO at Yorkdale. ETA is still a long ways to go though.
Apr 17, 2013
799 posts
103 upvotes
Markham
coriolis wrote:
Nov 4th, 2014 8:19 am
A close friend of mine works in the interior design industry, and recently was visiting old colleagues at another firm over lunch. Both MUJI and UNIQLO are on their way here, MUJI at Atrium on Bay, UNIQLO at Yorkdale. ETA is still a long ways to go though.
Would you say 2016? Will the prices be about the same? Or will it be like all other retailers such as J crew who's prices are much higher than the US conter parts
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
18920 posts
4027 upvotes
Thornhill
Meditech82 wrote:
Nov 4th, 2014 12:26 pm
Would you say 2016? Will the prices be about the same? Or will it be like all other retailers such as J crew who's prices are much higher than the US conter parts
Probably so for UNIQLO, Yorkdale's expansion is still ongoing. I wonder when that will be done.

As for pricing, hard to say but I hope so :confused:
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2010
1181 posts
110 upvotes
Vancouver
Nordstrom has apparently bought the rights to open UNIQLO stores in canada and it's expected to open in the new Nordstrom store which opens in Vancouver 2015.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2007
2906 posts
226 upvotes
Toronto
I'm sure pricing will be higher, that is always the case with US retailers moving into the Canada
May 4, 2007
913 posts
173 upvotes
Montreal
Irbe wrote:
Nov 7th, 2014 8:55 am
I'm sure pricing will be higher, that is always the case with US retailers moving into the Canada
Uniqlo is a japanese company, not US. But all the same, compared to the US, Canada is a market 10 times smaller so...
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
3880 posts
5322 upvotes
Ontario
I did not know that Nordstrom had Uniqlo in its sights for the Canadian market. I only saw The Dish piece on Toronto Life that Uniqlo was in negotiations with Yorkdale. While Yorkdale is fashion central, its location is too far from the students and office towers near Toronto Eaton Centre. Add in international students who know the brand already and that Yonge/Dundas location is perfect.

Nordstrom's will be in the former Sears store, so here's hoping that Uniqlo will appear in TEC too. 2016 is such a long time to wait.
Seeking shopping sprees or a pot of gold.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
3880 posts
5322 upvotes
Ontario
ryehigh17 wrote:
Oct 27th, 2014 11:48 pm
Bumping old thread.

My US credit card with CBI address was rejected.

Any other way to order items from online store?
I'm surprised that your card would not work. I looked at CBI and saw how they have the address setup. A family member uses another US box service and Cdn bank credit card with no issues for US orders.

That being said, I just looked up Uniqlo's gift cards-the terms of use prohibit gift card use for online orders. I'm guessing that would likely affect anyone with a prepaid cc gift card as well! So there would be no point in buying gift cards to use for orders online.
http://www.uniqlo.com/us/help/giftcard- ... tions.html

Any chance you have a classmate or neighbour going to NYC soon and willing to use their exemption limit for your purchases?
Seeking shopping sprees or a pot of gold.
Apr 28, 2004
646 posts
156 upvotes
Ciel wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2014 1:08 am
I'm surprised that your card would not work. I looked at CBI and saw how they have the address setup. A family member uses another US box service and Cdn bank credit card with no issues for US orders.

That being said, I just looked up Uniqlo's gift cards-the terms of use prohibit gift card use for online orders. I'm guessing that would likely affect anyone with a prepaid cc gift card as well! So there would be no point in buying gift cards to use for orders online.
http://www.uniqlo.com/us/help/giftcard- ... tions.html

Any chance you have a classmate or neighbour going to NYC soon and willing to use their exemption limit for your purchases?
Thanks mate.

LOL Uniqlo is the ONLY usa retailer that I have been unable to purchase from in over 5 years.

Some retailers such as Newegg require a US credit card.

Other retailers such as Costco require a residential US shipping address (not to PO Box or CBI).

Having both a US credit card and a residential US shipping address, you would think I would be covered.

However, Uniqlo customer service confirmed that the problem for me is my credit card address is linked to CBI (ie. a mail forwarding company ). In other words, their requirements are; ship to residential US address; pay with US residential credit card.

No foreseeable NYC trip for anyone I know so I guess my wallet is safe for now.