Fashion & Beauty

Where/How to buy Uniqlo clothing in Canada?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2018 6:56 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 20, 2013
146 posts
27 upvotes
Really annoyed that they don't have online shopping for Uniqlo in Canada.

My only option is to spend $120 roundtrip to Toronto & back on a train.

I got a response from someone at Uniqlo back in October saying they'd start to offer online shopping in the first quarter of 2017, although I'll believe it when I see it.

Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2007
2906 posts
226 upvotes
Toronto
I'm sure they will eventually, you got to remember their stories just opened up in December...

Think they were a little too optimistic giving you that info
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
3880 posts
5322 upvotes
Ontario
@patriots -wait for the new spring collections by Ines to come first before parting with that $120. The other option while you wait is to scope your Value Village and see what older Uniqlo items may be on the clothing racks. I found a Uniqlo pullover sweater by chance when I was looking for likely items to suit myself or another family member. When I found something that felt like wool, I checked the fibre content tag then the brand name and realized I found a gem! It helps to visit the store on a non-sale day just to get a sense of which clothing sections have possibilities -it's not always likely the finds are visible on sale day and then there is the jostling of carts in the aisle on sale days--not always worth it.
Seeking shopping sprees or a pot of gold.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
2713 posts
547 upvotes
Oshawa
I only by my Uniqlo when I go to Japan or Taiwan (places that I go every two years) ... their designs are better and so is pricing.

I bring clothing that is worn out on my trips ... dump them there and then come back with all new stuff ... no issues at customs .. no taxes at customs.

If I happen to buy too much, I just ship them back by sea ... shipping by sea takes about a month ... by that time, I'm already back here!

Remember one thing ... throw away all the tags and receipts!
Stress is caused by NOT fishing enough.
JDM ONLY! No North American CRAP!
Megabass, Imakatsu, Jackall, GanCraft, OSP, EverGreen, YGK, Toray, Sunline, Nories, Shimano, Daiwa RULES!
EVA Air Rocks ... Air Canada SUCKS!
Nov 23, 2008
325 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
The designs I saw in Japan were the same styles I saw here when the Uniqlo in Toronto opened. Unless you're talking about some exclusive designer runs / collabs, I'm pretty sure all Uniqlos carry the same things.

I don't think the price difference was that big either, unless you're converting at a favourable rate, the costs I see in Toronto aren't too far off. And if you're shipping it back here, you've probably lost any savings already.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2004
3040 posts
164 upvotes
Zewo wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2017 3:47 pm
The designs I saw in Japan were the same styles I saw here when the Uniqlo in Toronto opened. Unless you're talking about some exclusive designer runs / collabs, I'm pretty sure all Uniqlos carry the same things.

I don't think the price difference was that big either, unless you're converting at a favourable rate, the costs I see in Toronto aren't too far off. And if you're shipping it back here, you've probably lost any savings already.
They don't stock the same inventory as NYC/Japan. For example, polo shirts are not available last time I checked.
I just want some good deals or clearance stuff like I've seen at the NYC store.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
3446 posts
335 upvotes
Toronto
AV-Fishing wrote:
Feb 1st, 2017 9:45 pm
I only by my Uniqlo when I go to Japan or Taiwan (places that I go every two years) ... their designs are better and so is pricing.
tmpz wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2017 9:39 pm
They don't stock the same inventory as NYC/Japan. For example, polo shirts are not available last time I checked.
I just want some good deals or clearance stuff like I've seen at the NYC store.
Good idea to pick up Uniqlo items in Hong Kong? My friend is travelling and might ask them to look up some items for me while there.

Or should I aim for the american store locations? Thanks!
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
2713 posts
547 upvotes
Oshawa
Zewo wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2017 3:47 pm

The styles in Asia are ahead of what is here in Canada. What we have here is OLDER inventory. New styles are released in Asia first and then they slowly make its way here as this market is inferior compared to the Asian market.
Stress is caused by NOT fishing enough.
JDM ONLY! No North American CRAP!
Megabass, Imakatsu, Jackall, GanCraft, OSP, EverGreen, YGK, Toray, Sunline, Nories, Shimano, Daiwa RULES!
EVA Air Rocks ... Air Canada SUCKS!
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
3880 posts
5322 upvotes
Ontario
Tomorrow @patriots! We are only a day away from shopping the new Ines de la Fressange collection at Uniqlo Canada stores-SWEET!!!

Seeking shopping sprees or a pot of gold.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)