Sports & Recreation

Where to keep your cell phone while running?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2015 8:03 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
May 5, 2012
22 posts
1 upvote
Toronto

Where to keep your cell phone while running?

Hi everyone,

I've recently started a running routine but I've noticed my cell phone really bounces around a lot in my pocket. I've been considering getting an arm band or one of those belts that attach around your waist (not a fanny pack lol).

Where do you guys keep your phone while running (assuming you bring it with you either for music or to track the run) Any suggestions is much appreciated!
39 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2008
4584 posts
744 upvotes
Whitby
DealExtreme has the arm band holders cheap....get the waterproof one. I use one will biking, waterproof is dificult to actually use my S3...just get music and GPS biking App running and close it up.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2009
2354 posts
150 upvotes
Brampton
I used to bring my cell phone with me on runs or the gym. I found it to be quite an annoyance that I don't bring anything with me anymore. I find that if you're relying on something to continue what you're doing then you're destined to fail.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
6570 posts
269 upvotes
York
$10 flea market arm band. I've been using it for a year and it works great.
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
27000 posts
4218 upvotes
Get a running belt. Attaches around your waist so you don't have to worry about your arms circulation getting cut off on long runs.
[OP]
May 5, 2012
22 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
toeknee89 wrote:
Apr 6th, 2013 12:10 pm
I used to bring my cell phone with me on runs or the gym. I found it to be quite an annoyance that I don't bring anything with me anymore. I find that if you're relying on something to continue what you're doing then you're destined to fail.
lol, yea I don't plan on relying on the apps to keep me motivated, but it'd be nice to keep track of how far and long i've run.
[OP]
May 5, 2012
22 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
DJ_Peanuts22 wrote:
Apr 6th, 2013 4:14 pm
Get a running belt. Attaches around your waist so you don't have to worry about your arms circulation getting cut off on long runs.
Yes, I think this is the answer i'm leaning towards. Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
7367 posts
1103 upvotes
Edmonton
At home... Heaven forbid you detach yourself from it
Jan 13, 2004
674 posts
26 upvotes
Markham
anyone know a cheap place to buy running belt?
Mar 20, 2013
54 posts
97 upvotes
Innisfil
buy the SPI (Small personal item) belt online or from MEC. $20 or so but its high quality and expands to hold enough for an iPhone / keys/ ID, all you need
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2007
1391 posts
243 upvotes
Kitchener
+1..people just can't let go of these things!
clseea wrote:
Apr 9th, 2013 9:26 pm
At home... Heaven forbid you detach yourself from it
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
34707 posts
1569 upvotes
Toronto
When I'm running... I'm there to run. Not to look fashionable. I do so in old sweat pants, a tshirt, and a fanny pack for my cell phone/keys/wallet.
It still works!

But peopel don't seem to jog in uuhh... Jogging pants anymore... Where I am (near the beaches) people get DECKED out! They have those really tight micro fibre moisture wicking pants (even the guys!) and colorful fancy wind breakers.
And yes... They also have those bat-man utility belts with several water bottles hooked up, ipod/phone, etc...
    [url=http://tinyurl.com/lbqqav3][size=100][B]
  • Urbanpoet's lottery pool is BACK![/B][/size][/url]
  • 2 Corinthians 5:7 "We Walk By Faith, Not By Sight."
× < >