• Oct 8th, 2004 5:08 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Sep 13, 2004
102 posts
Toronto

Where to "Oktoberfest"?

My friends and I are planning to go to Kitchener-Waterloo for Oktoberfest.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good bar there?
7 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 17, 2004
11327 posts
5 upvotes
Mountain View, CA
www.oktoberfest.ca

Depends on what you are looking for. If you prefer younger crowd (university students, kinda thing), Queensmount, Aud, Waterloo Rec Centre are always decent. Stay way from Seagram Haus. Terrible place. Those are the 4 I've been. Some are for older age-group. Obviously less binge, and with more decent food, and more $$$ usually. So take a look there and go from there.
Deal Guru
Sep 14, 2003
10339 posts
157 upvotes
Mississauga
When I used to go to UW, Heidelburg Haus was AWESOME...its an arena that's been emptied and nothing but beer and liquor everywhere...from what I can remember of the nights there, it was crazy...
Sep 8, 2003
26 posts
Toronto
I've been to the Schwaben haus several times (unfortunately I can't go this year :cry: . They've got two halls there to go between. One is usually an older crowd, the other a younger crowd.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2004
1821 posts
165 upvotes
Bingemens

I think thats how u spell it.
I was far too drunk last time I was there
Deal Fanatic
Aug 18, 2003
6288 posts
9 upvotes
Waterloo
Concordia Club is another popular one, although I haven't been there.

I have been to teh one at queensmount though. Exactly what you expect, and empty arena filled with beer and food.

Great times. ;)
[OP]
Sep 13, 2004
102 posts
Toronto
Thanks for the suggestions. I forgot that my friend had gone with her dad one year (and she's familiar with K/W) so I coulda asked her!

She recommended Bingeman's. Kind of a family oriented place. I'll be stopping off at St. Jacob's Country first. (Gonna hang with the Mennonites. :cool: ) I'm looking forward to it! :cheesygri

Happy Oktoberfest!

Cheers!