Off Topic Archive

Locked: Where to rent 9 person+ vehicle?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2005 12:15 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2004
1805 posts
6 upvotes

Where to rent 9 person+ vehicle?

Hi

I was wondering where I could rent 9 person vehicles (vans probably).

Ive called most of the rental companies, but they seem to be discontinuing them for 2006.

I was just in the states this past week and they are so popular (11 person vans). I see them everywhere

Help is appreciated,
Thanks
Share:
21 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2003
23140 posts
173 upvotes
I thought you want to rent 9 people and a vehicle. :D
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2005
2986 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
I rented a 15 person at budget last year around this time. I think it was from Budget Vans and Trucks, not the usual Budget car rentals.
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2005
7385 posts
69 upvotes
pandaharo wrote:I rented a 15 person at budget last year around this time. I think it was from Budget Vans and Trucks, not the usual Budget car rentals.
Can you drive those things with a regular license?
Sep 1, 2005
613 posts
38 upvotes
gman wrote:I thought you want to rent 9 people and a vehicle. :D
i thought the same too :|
Aug 19, 2004
969 posts
4 upvotes
__wizard__ wrote:i thought the same too :|
Not up to anything so if there is extra room let me know. RFD road trip! On the lookout for the best deals.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
8025 posts
248 upvotes
mingcourt wrote:Hi

I was wondering where I could rent 9 person vehicles (vans probably).

Ive called most of the rental companies, but they seem to be discontinuing them for 2006.

I was just in the states this past week and they are so popular (11 person vans). I see them everywhere

Help is appreciated,
Thanks
Anything that's a gas guzzler ....... you'll see in the US. I went to Denver, Colordao, and all the stores are SUPER BIG. Like SUPER WALMART and SUPER Target.............and all the vehicles were SUVs and pick ups.
May 19, 2004
496 posts
1 upvote
Bordello wrote:Can you drive those things with a regular license?
Yes.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
15372 posts
1221 upvotes
Langley
I thought you could drive them with a regular licence, but to transport more then 9 people you need a special licence.

This is BC.

I looked into it once when I was coaching HS basketball.
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2005
7385 posts
69 upvotes
gman wrote:If I read it correctly, in Ontario, you can use the G licence to drive a bus which can carry less than 24 passengers.

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/ ... tion1d.htm
Where does it say that? To drive a bus with less than 24 people you need a class F license.
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2003
23140 posts
173 upvotes
Bordello wrote:Where does it say that? To drive a bus with less than 24 people you need a class F license.
Since you need a special licence to drive a 24 passanger max. vehicle, I assume you don't need a special licence to drive a "smaller" size vehicle.

I described the bus badly. It should be a G licence cannot drive a bus which can carry 24 passenger max.
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2005
7385 posts
69 upvotes
That site is pretty vague. It's hard to define whether a 15-passenger vehicle is a van or a bus.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2004
1805 posts
6 upvotes
We actually have 7-8 people (so we wont have so many people to the point where we need a special license), but we've got some equipment we need to store as well, so we need a little bit of room to work with.
May 19, 2004
496 posts
1 upvote
Bordello wrote:That site is pretty vague. It's hard to define whether a 15-passenger vehicle is a van or a bus.
With a G licence you can drive any car, van or small truck as long as it (and whatever you're towing which can be up to 4,600kg) does not total more than 11,000kg. A 15 passenger van would be classified as a van. If you can drive a cube van with a G licence, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to drive a passenger van. I'm sure the only reason for the F licence is because you would be driving the general public as it would be a small bus or an ambulance.
× < >