Home & Garden

Where to shop for children's bedroom furniture in the GTA?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 27th, 2016 10:26 am
[OP]
Mar 7, 2011
922 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto

Where to shop for children's bedroom furniture in the GTA?

We are looking to update our daughter's bedroom with "big girls" furniture, now that she has outgrown her crib.
Other than IKEA and Sears or the Brick/Leon's, where else can we look for nice children's furniture that are decent priced? We are looking for a twin size bed with drawers underneath for additional storage.
6 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2015
1225 posts
390 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
Bunkhouse kids is really expensive. Find what you like at there, get the info - name of manufacturer, name of product line, and then go to Brooklyn Furniture on the s/w corner of Bathurst and Wilson and get them to order it for you, at far cheaper. They have all the books there so if you know what you want they just look it up. People have been doing this for years. The place is a hell-hole dump but you can save some $$$.
May 24, 2013
65 posts
29 upvotes
We got our girls bed at wayfair.ca

Great selection...free delivery over $75...we are happy.
[OP]
Mar 7, 2011
922 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto
socwiz15 wrote:
Aug 24th, 2016 3:41 pm

Which manufacturer did you buy your beds from? The selection looks good on the website but I'm not too sure about the quality.
[OP]
Mar 7, 2011
922 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto
icantfigureoutausername wrote:
Aug 24th, 2016 3:16 pm
Bunkhouse kids is really expensive. Find what you like at there, get the info - name of manufacturer, name of product line, and then go to Brooklyn Furniture on the s/w corner of Bathurst and Wilson and get them to order it for you, at far cheaper. They have all the books there so if you know what you want they just look it up. People have been doing this for years. The place is a hell-hole dump but you can save some $$$.
Thanks for the tip. Will check out the other store first for a bigger selection.
May 24, 2013
65 posts
29 upvotes
kayceedee wrote:
Aug 26th, 2016 10:37 pm
socwiz15 wrote:
Aug 24th, 2016 3:41 pm

Which manufacturer did you buy your beds from? The selection looks good on the website but I'm not too sure about the quality.
Can't recall which manufacturer it was...we threw the box away. If you're looking for a comparable, I'd say similar quality to The Brick. Not top of the line, but will do for my daughter at this stage in her life.