Travel

where is there good shopping in Detroit?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2005 5:06 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2005
1686 posts
109 upvotes

where is there good shopping in Detroit?

going to Windsor tomorrow so I figure I might drive over to Detroit and do some shopping if it's worthwhile, any suggestions? Or how about for Windsor?

thanks
5 replies
Deal Expert
May 8, 2005
31836 posts
1354 upvotes
Some suggestions....spent some time in Windsor and Detroit is great...if you can get to Anne Arbor try to do so - home of Univesity of Michigan -

Fairlane Town Center

18900 Michigan Ave at Evergreen Rd, Dearborn 48126 Tel: 313-593-3330
There are more than 160 reasons to stop by Dearborn's upscale Fairlane Town Center, whose contemporary design and natural lighting foster an environment that is perfect for a day of shopping. Anchor stores include Marshall Field's, Lord & Taylor, JCPenney, and Sears, and the mall also boasts popular boutique shops like Eddie Bauer and Saks Fifth Avenue Outlet.

Somerset Mall

2800 W. Big Beaver, Troy, MI, USA

The Somerset Collection is a quite unique Detroit shopping mall which features some excellent boutiques and upscale chains. Such retail chains include Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, and Nordstrom. The mall is 2 situated miles west of the I-75, Exit 69.

Trapper Alley

508 Monroe St., Detroit, MI, USA
The five-story Trapper's Alley was once one of the largest fur-processing centers in the world. Today the complex, inspired by Faneuil Hall in Boston, houses restaurants, shops, and entertainment venues.

Some other good ones are Briarwood, Great lakes and 12 Oaks ...

http://www.guide2detroit.com/shopping/malls.shtml
Jul 13, 2005
742 posts
Toronto
ya, it was me that started the thread in the link.

Detroit is no good, we just drove around downtown and didn't even get off the car. Left 20 min later.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2005
1686 posts
109 upvotes
yeah I figured, I decided it wasn't worth the hastle to go through customs so I stayed on the Windsor side

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)