Off Topic

Locked: Where in the world is Eugene Kim?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2017 8:35 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
4101 posts
625 upvotes
Abbottabad

Where in the world is Eugene Kim?

Toronto press has been covering this story heavily over the past week. Missing man Eugene Kim was last heard from a week ago on Monday after dropping off his kids. The story gets strange as he was seen in Algonquin and then his cell pings off a tower near North Bay. So where did this guy go? Was he involved in something sketchy? Did he have enough of his current life and wanted to get away from everything? His family has been taking this situation quite hard as they are often seen in tears and sobbing on media networks.

Eugene Kim, where are you?

Family of missing Toronto-area man grows increasingly desperate
Share:
283 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2006
4869 posts
900 upvotes
Toronto
He was lastseen with someone at the park but the park is not disclosing who he was with.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
36668 posts
2539 upvotes
Toronto
We all like to speculate and think of the most dramatic story. Like a secret drug deal gone wrong... Evil MURDER!
MAybe the guy was just stressed out and wanted to do a lonely secret hiking/fishing trip while playing hooky at work in order to unwind... He takes a piss in the bushes, slips, and falls off a cliff bashing his head. He's in some dense bush and no one finds him.

ONce in a while these mysterious 'out of character' disappearances happen. I re-call one man who was known to RFD members that went missing. IT was on the news. They couldn't find him anywhere... Good kid who would never disappear or run away. Turns out he was walking through some forest for funsies, slipped, and died. So random and tragic . . .
May 6, 2010
25 posts
4 upvotes
I noticed that the story and details have changed a bit since the story broke.

First, the wife said the last text was i'll be home soon.
Now the last text said he can't talk now

Why doesn't the police ask the park staff if the 2nd person was a female or male? could be a big indicator of some reasons.
what was the second name he put on the permit?

The family should have called his work place to see if he went to work or why he'd be up in north bay.
We're only finding out that he didn't go into work that morning.

Wife just told the people that there was a business deal that was supposed to happen.
Why didn't they mention that earlier?

Is it normal for eugene to come home at 9pm-11pm?

it feels like there's a lot more to this that the family isn't sharing.
maybe it's an asian thing that they don't want shame to come upon the family. so they don't want secrets to come out.
May 6, 2010
25 posts
4 upvotes
Also I feel the message that they send out to eugene is focused on..

Come back home eugene.. we love you.

vs

wherever you are eugene we'll find you and whoever is with him.. please return him to us.

It's almost like they knew that he can or would have left the family.. or went through some stress.. or had a reason to leave.
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
6126 posts
2220 upvotes
Toronto
UrbanPoet wrote:
Oct 9th, 2017 12:47 pm
We all like to speculate and think of the most dramatic story. Like a secret drug deal gone wrong... Evil MURDER!
MAybe the guy was just stressed out and wanted to do a lonely secret hiking/fishing trip while playing hooky at work in order to unwind... He takes a piss in the bushes, slips, and falls off a cliff bashing his head. He's in some dense bush and no one finds him.

ONce in a while these mysterious 'out of character' disappearances happen. I re-call one man who was known to RFD members that went missing. IT was on the news. They couldn't find him anywhere... Good kid who would never disappear or run away. Turns out he was walking through some forest for funsies, slipped, and died. So random and tragic . . .
shit happens
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
5835 posts
1191 upvotes
aGincourt
I thought it could have been a possible Tim Bosma incident

He was selling something on Kijiji (Doesn't tell anyone because he doesn't think it's a big deal)
They arrive with weapons and kidnap him
Drive him far away
Send periodic texts to his family to make it seem like everything is ok

Hope he turns up okay...
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2006
4869 posts
900 upvotes
Toronto
Very weird case.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
19186 posts
121779 upvotes
GTA
genesisfashion wrote:
Oct 9th, 2017 1:12 pm
I noticed that the story and details have changed a bit since the story broke.

Why doesn't the police ask the park staff if the 2nd person was a female or male? could be a big indicator of some reasons.
what was the second name he put on the permit?

The family should have called his work place to see if he went to work or why he'd be up in north bay.
We're only finding out that he didn't go into work that morning.

Wife just told the people that there was a business deal that was supposed to happen.
Why didn't they mention that earlier?

Is it normal for eugene to come home at 9pm-11pm?

it feels like there's a lot more to this that the family isn't sharing.
maybe it's an asian thing that they don't want shame to come upon the family. so they don't want secrets to come out.
The employer already advised that he had called in sick that day, at least that's what I recall hearing on the news last Wednesday or whenever it was. There could be more that the family is not sharing, even though they were asked directly about stress or anything else that could be at play and said there wasn't anything they were aware of. But at the same time, whether it is stress or something else like mental illness, it is not often easy to spot, even with close family members around because the person themselves can often be in denial that anything is wrong.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
7968 posts
2814 upvotes
Toronto
Guy has a secret affair and wants to run away with her or maybe him.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11023 posts
1521 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Pochacco wrote:
Oct 9th, 2017 3:53 pm
Very weird case.
What's so weird about it? He lied to his wife. Clearly, he has a hand in what's going on and created drama for his family that he could've avoided.

"Kim, who works in corporate wireless sales, told his wife Monday he would be home late because of an important business meeting, but the family has since discovered he called in sick to work that day."
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2006
4869 posts
900 upvotes
Toronto
Becks wrote:
Oct 9th, 2017 4:43 pm
What's so weird about it? He lied to his wife. Clearly, he has a hand in what's going on and created drama for his family that he could've avoided.

"Kim, who works in corporate wireless sales, told his wife Monday he would be home late because of an important business meeting, but the family has since discovered he called in sick to work that day."

This......

"that the story and details have changed a bit since the story broke.

what was the second name he put on the permit?"
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3905 posts
1104 upvotes
38 years old and selling wireless plans while having 2 kids to support.

I would say the odds are good he didn't want to hear about getting an age appropriate job anymore.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
19186 posts
121779 upvotes
GTA
renoldman wrote:
Oct 9th, 2017 5:42 pm
38 years old and selling wireless plans while having 2 kids to support.

I would say the odds are good he didn't want to hear about getting an age appropriate job anymore.
I don't know why that would even be an issue...if you're good at it, you're good at it and are rewarded appropriately, no shame in that. I have come across my fair share of individuals who don't want to move up because the money's that good.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2004
5960 posts
863 upvotes
toguy wrote:
Oct 9th, 2017 4:16 pm
The employer already advised that he had called in sick that day, at least that's what I recall hearing on the news last Wednesday or whenever it was. There could be more that the family is not sharing, even though they were asked directly about stress or anything else that could be at play and said there wasn't anything they were aware of. But at the same time, whether it is stress or something else like mental illness, it is not often easy to spot, even with close family members around because the person themselves can often be in denial that anything is wrong.
I never read that and I followed it closely.
I know the guy.

I hope he's OK and comes back soon