Off Topic

Locked: Where in the world is Eugene Kim?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2017 8:35 pm
Oct 26, 2017
11 posts
2 upvotes
He's running from his former life. FACT.
May 25, 2009
38 posts
2 upvotes
toronto
Pochacco wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 5:15 am
It does look like there is a passenger but can't tell whether it is a guy or a girl...
I thought so too. Perhaps LE has enhanced the picture to see clearer. The picture can be saved and manipulated with photo editing software to get a better idea. Without that, if you click on "Full Image" and double click the picture you get a larger view but the resolution suffers, so it is too grainy.
If Kim is in the driver seat, it would be difficult to see him from this angle.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
7599 posts
947 upvotes
Toronto
Sonababy wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 1:37 pm
I thought so too. Perhaps LE has enhanced the picture to see clearer. The picture can be saved and manipulated with photo editing software to get a better idea. Without that, if you click on "Full Image" and double click the picture you get a larger view but the resolution suffers, so it is too grainy.
If Kim is in the driver seat, it would be difficult to see him from this angle.
Aug 5, 2009
30 posts
1 upvote
Oakville
FirstF80InSpace wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 1:33 pm
He's running from his former life. FACT.
How do you know this as fact?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
7983 posts
2826 upvotes
Toronto
Fake news.
luckyrabbitsfoot wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 2:43 pm
How do you know this as fact?

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Dec 25, 2007
686 posts
77 upvotes
Pochacco wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 10:04 am
Is this a new or old video?
no idea actually theres no timestamp i saw it as a link from another website so was thinking it was recent but maybe not..
Jan 15, 2013
701 posts
83 upvotes
Mississauga
I'm coming to this thread late but this is indeed interesting.

Too many assumptions have been made as well. Hopefully this comes to a close soon.

Algonquin park is a vast land, it would be hard to find a person/body but a car would be easier to find.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2008
9588 posts
1250 upvotes
Toronto
Pochacco wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 10:04 am
Is this a new or old video?
rage2021 wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 12:16 pm
no idea actually theres no timestamp i saw it as a link from another website so was thinking it was recent but maybe not..
It is from the first week (I think the Thursday). The longer once with the officer wasn't really replayed as much as that was from a live clip while the ones the newstation played afterwards were more quips and or just from the family member.

I am now thinking he is in a different Province. Saskatchewan or Manitoba. The fact that he was in Algonquin and then an hour away, he was definitely on the move.
Penalty Box
Aug 23, 2006
2954 posts
186 upvotes
at1212b wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 2:05 pm
It is from the first week (I think the Thursday). The longer once with the officer wasn't really replayed as much as that was from a live clip while the ones the newstation played afterwards were more quips and or just from the family member.

I am now thinking he is in a different Province. Saskatchewan or Manitoba. The fact that he was in Algonquin and then an hour away, he was definitely on the move.
I dont think so. I am afraid of some bad news. Hope outcome is good.
“There are some things money can’t buy, and for everything else there’s MasterCard. Well, get out your checkbooks ladies and gentlemen, because it seems like the entire liberal cabinet can be bought. TRUDEAU: I CAN’T BE BOUGHT...LMAO. Because its 2017
Jun 23, 2017
243 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto, ON
at1212b wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 2:05 pm
The fact that he was in Algonquin and then an hour away, he was definitely on the move.
this is baffling to me because by all accounts going away is totally out-of-character for Eugene. For the sake of his kids, I hope he is reunited with them soon.
Jul 31, 2016
289 posts
156 upvotes
Have they found any physical evidence related to his disappearance?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2008
9588 posts
1250 upvotes
Toronto
905P4N6 wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 2:13 pm
this is baffling to me because by all accounts going away is totally out-of-character for Eugene. For the sake of his kids, I hope he is reunited with them soon.
this happens much more than you think. Often it's a 'surprise' Divorce or separation where the husband/father will plan it for months, or even years. All the time, on the outside, acting as normal as possible. Usually though the person lives a different life after that everybody knows about. So yes, this is baffling where they literally disappear including the car. But it's been said, the cultural (Korean family centric) expectations, strong Church Conformity expectations, other factors such as gambling, and believe me, if you have 2 young kids doing the whole daycare routine (both pick-up and drop-off is almost unheard of) while working a straining job, it's easier to see why someone would have planned and acted on this 'baffling' plan.

Really, don't think it's automatic that parents like their children (they may love them, but not like them). I could see the children not appreciating Eugene as much which could be the final straw. The oldest son may be at a age where he's like "Dad, not hugging please". 2.5 yr old daughter is also in a terrible 2 stage. Doing both drop off and pick-up, I can't imagine doing that. I know I would crack. But fortunately, I have a strong network, including a downward focus approach by my parents in helping me, which alleviates the stress of me being a parent and working professional (his parents are more focused on business and church activity which leads to even less general support of the daily stress to their own child). I have alot of male friends, same age group that are feeling the stressors and dreams of escape due to the daily grinding stress of 2 young kids, what can feel like a under appreciating wife, job strain and everything else.

So it may seem baffling to those on the outside (Church community has strong pressure to never show negativity), but those who know or are aware of this type of life stage and design and what it can do to one's insides, it is not that big of a surprise. In fact, I told my wife several times before this happened "You're going to see this alot more where the husband cracks and disappears in a way".
Oct 16, 2017
9 posts
at1212b wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 2:29 pm
this happens much more than you think. Often it's a 'surprise' Divorce or separation where the husband/father will plan it for months, or even years. All the time, on the outside, acting as normal as possible. Usually though the person lives a different life after that everybody knows about. So yes, this is baffling where they literally disappear including the car. But it's been said, the cultural (Korean family centric) expectations, strong Church Conformity expectations, other factors such as gambling, and believe me, if you have 2 young kids doing the whole daycare routine (both pick-up and drop-off is almost unheard of) while working a straining job, it's easier to see why someone would have planned and acted on this 'baffling' plan.

Really, don't think it's automatic that parents like their children (they may love them, but not like them). I could see the children not appreciating Eugene as much which could be the final straw. The oldest son may be at a age where he's like "Dad, not hugging please". 2.5 yr old daughter is also in a terrible 2 stage. Doing both drop off and pick-up, I can't imagine doing that. I know I would crack. But fortunately, I have a strong network, including a downward focus approach by my parents in helping me, which alleviates the stress of me being a parent and working professional (his parents are more focused on business and church activity which leads to even less general support of the daily stress to their own child). I have alot of male friends, same age group that are feeling the stressors and dreams of escape due to the daily grinding stress of 2 young kids, what can feel like a under appreciating wife, job strain and everything else.

So it may seem baffling to those on the outside (Church community has strong pressure to never show negativity), but those who know or are aware of this type of life stage and design and what it can do to one's insides, it is not that big of a surprise. In fact, I told my wife several times before this happened "You're going to see this alot more where the husband cracks and disappears in a way".
Yes, I agree - it is more common than one thinks. Here is a list of people who intentionally went missing. #3 in this list told his wife he had a business meeting, and disappeared for 30 years. (Not saying this is what happened to Mr. Kim necessarily, but it certainly can happen.) http://www.toptenz.net/top-10-people-wh ... -alive.php