• Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2024 7:27 pm
Deal Fanatic
May 16, 2011
5345 posts
7971 upvotes
Burnaby, BC

Whey Protein Deals: MyProtein Impact Whey 11lb@$75

Significant, long-lasting deals in first post. Check last pages for short-lived, but often great deals.

Contents:

I. Current Deals

II. Miscellaneous Deals

II. Value For Money Calculations

III. General Information about Whey Protein Supplements

IV. Reviews

======================================

I. CURRENT DEALS (Ordered in Order of Importance):

Current Bodybuilding.com 10% off coupon codes (1-use-per-account): Link.

NOTE: All Bodybuilding.com orders are charged duties at checkout. No surprise landing fees.

Canadianprotein always has good prices on their bulk protein products: http://www.canadianprotein.com/Protein- ... c_213.html

[IMG]http://www.canadianprotein.com/assets/images/box.jpg[/IMG]

II. MISCELLANEOUS DEALS:

Supplement Source Clearance Deals

II. VFM CALCULATIONS:

A good deal on Whey is about 70-80% protein purity for <$7.5/lb. Wait for it if you can.

Before posting a new deal, please check how your deal measures up to this reference point.

Kaizen at the occasional (September & January mostly) Costco is at $39 for 4.4 lbs @ 35g of protein/41g serving = 0.02284 $/g. of protein.

Kaizen at Costco is $49 for 4.4 lbs @ 35g of protein/41g serving = 0.02875 $/g. of protein.

Canadianprotein.com Ultra Grade Whey Blend 45lbs for $320.94 with 5% "cp102" coupon + FS @ 25g of protein/30g serving = 0.01887 $/G of protein.

Canadianprotein.com Whey Concentrate 25lbs for $178 with 5% "cp102" coupon + FS @ 24g of protein/30g serving = 0.01962 $/G of protein.

Finally and most importantly, to find your final cost/day, please divide total cost by (total number of servings purchased/number of servings you personally require per day).
Eg. with the IST @ $70 deal if you have 2 servings each day: 70/((129.6)/2) = $1.08024691/day.

A very helpful and detailed spreadsheet can be found in this post by Speedbeaver.

III. INFORMATION:

All you ever wanted to know about Whey but were too afraid to ask: http://examine.com/supplements/Whey+Protein/

In terms of Whey Protein purity: Whey Isolate (90% protein by weight) > Whey Blend > Whey Concentrate 35-80% protein by weight).

Given the 30-40% price hike in the recent past, there is nothing wrong with buying concentrates unless you are lactose intolerant (and a very many are):

[QUOTE]Powders that use more whey concentrates than isolates are less expensive. It's true that you get less protein per scoop, but the price increase for isolate does not necessarily add up to you getting more protein per dollar.

Plus, some whey protein isolate manufacturing steps can harm some of the beneficial whey protein fractions such as beta-lactoglobulin, alpha-lactalbumin, and bovine serum albumin peptides, which provide performanceand physique-enhancing benefits as well as antioxidant and immune-boosting properties.

The gentle filtration that WPC-80 undergoes leaves these all in place. However, remember that whey concentrate contains more lactose, so if you have an intolerance, it may not be your best choice.[/QUOTE]

Further financial considerations for why this is a deal right now:

http://www.foodbev.com/news/whey-and-la ... ExHfbSe7tw

ist-whey-protein-2x5lbs-64-98-free-ship ... st14969752

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/the-pro ... PID=749547

http://www.canadianprotein.com/Protein- ... _b_35.html

IV. REVIEWS:

Taste can become a big issue. You might find this out the hard way. You are probably not a crybaby and you are certainly not alone if you worry about your whey's taste.

If you do end up with what seems like ipecac/snot-flavoured whey: dilute your shake further, mix that batch of whey with another less-nauseating batch of whey, or add bananas, coconut milk, and peanut butter.

Some reviews of less-reviewed brands follow (do also search the thread):

GFR Leanfit Whey:

Taste-wise there is no consensus so far. It is not the greatest. I tried the Vanilla and it is very sweet. The chocolate apparently may taste like cardboard.

Canadianprotein.com:

Good reviews, in general.
8017 replies
Aug 13, 2011
533 posts
178 upvotes
only 25g per 35g scoop... the profile isn't great.

Pretty good price tho. Can't pass up and I don't think costco will ever have another sale.
Nov 2, 2011
849 posts
229 upvotes
Toronto
there was a huge thread on reddit comparing the contents of prot powders and how none of them came even close to what was listed.

but wouldve loved to jump on this before 65 free ship is a steal
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2004
3228 posts
964 upvotes
Mississauga
Coupon code "may12" for $5 off was supposed to expire at the end of may but it's still valid. You need to spend at least $65.99. I added a $2.99 pack of bars to my order.

http://www.healthyplanetcanada.com/stor ... enjoy+life

All in it came to $70.13. Not too shabby. Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
746 upvotes
Dildo
Tempting. Clearly I should be buying protein online, because I recently spent about $60 on 3lbs at Loblaws and that was AFTER the discount. :facepalm:

Is it only the chocolate flavour on sale? Most chocolate protein I have tried have been a shadow of what real chocolate tastes like, and is actually quite revolting at worst, and bland at best. I'm partial to unflavoured, so I can put what I want in my shakes for flavour (nuts, bananas, honey, etc.).

Still, jeez... I'm willing to suck up the crappy chocolate taste so that I don't have to spend $60 per 3lbs each time. Anyone try this particular stuff before?
Deal Fanatic
May 16, 2011
5345 posts
7971 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
CanadaGooseForumAdmin wrote: Is it only the chocolate flavour on sale? Most chocolate protein I have tried have been a shadow of what real chocolate tastes like, and is actually quite revolting at worst, and bland at best. I'm partial to unflavoured, so I can put what I want in my shakes for flavour (nuts, bananas, honey, etc.).
Updated OP. Vanilla 10lbs is for $5 more. No specific reviews for vanilla Vs. chocolate though.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2005
5481 posts
384 upvotes
Mississauga
spent $80 for 5lb isoflex. Its expensive but best protein out there with all the required amino acids
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
2386 posts
680 upvotes
Vancouver Island
Would love to try these but I'm pretty picky about taste. I've tried many protein powders and they vary from really good to downright disgusting. The one I'm using right now is Magnum Quattro (chocolate) but it's so expensive. It's made in QC but sells for a lot less in the US than up here. :rolleyes:
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
4482 posts
2024 upvotes
I was almost out of whey. I bought the 10lbs chocolate and the bars. Thanks!

Please please please please TASTE GOOD!
I don't want to go through 10lbs if it has a bad taste.
Feb 7, 2010
311 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
can anyone comment on the taste of the protein?
May 19, 2005
89 posts
5 upvotes
north
not good. no taste. no flavour. Dont think theres 25g protein either. not by the way it tastes anyways
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2003
7451 posts
237 upvotes
ilapastel wrote: there was a huge thread on reddit comparing the contents of prot powders and how none of them came even close to what was listed.

but wouldve loved to jump on this before 65 free ship is a steal
Thanks for the info.

Yeah I've been suspicious of these companies and the content they claim to provide. No one really know how much protein you're getting in the product. We could all be drinking the equivalent of chocolate milk powder and be none the wiser. Before spending huge amounts of money on one brand have a sample sent out to a testing laboratory and get it tested for a fee. Could save you hundreds of dollars and lost gains.

If anyone wants to check out the thread it's here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comment ... t_results/
Thoughts and Prayers to the many thousands of civilians who perished from terrorists acts.
Banned
Dec 25, 2011
271 posts
243 upvotes
MonsieurDeals.com
Ordered... maybe someday I'll use my gym...

Thanked anyway :)
Jan 19, 2011
149 posts
24 upvotes
Sarnia
I ordered the vanilla, theres no way it could taste worst than the last protein powder I ordered. I really like whey factory's protein powder but they have been out of stock for over a year now.
Apr 11, 2010
252 posts
55 upvotes
Or you could go to canadianprotein.com and buy 25lbs of protein for something like $170 and use the coupon cp102 to knock off another 5% and its free shipping over $100. Its a great quality, tastes great and mixes really well.
Deal Fanatic
May 16, 2011
5345 posts
7971 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Beradon wrote: Thanks for the info.

Yeah I've been suspicious of these companies and the content they claim to provide. No one really know how much protein you're getting in the product. We could all be drinking the equivalent of chocolate milk powder and be none the wiser. Before spending huge amounts of money on one brand have a sample sent out to a testing laboratory and get it tested for a fee. Could save you hundreds of dollars and lost gains.

If anyone wants to check out the thread it's here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comment ... t_results/
Okay. This is purely speculative. You are making three presuppositions (any or all three may still be false):

1. Whey manufacturers are lying/have poor quality control/are out to get you.
2. This person is able to accurately measure protein content.
3. This person does not have his own personal agenda that goes beyond wanting the best for himself and his fellow consumers...

If you are going to be sceptical, be properly sceptical about everything...

A further problem is: look at the test on Kaizen: 78% of the advertised value. Even ON is "lying."

I am not one to side with Big Whey (lol) but even with a healthy amount of scepticism, this deal is a good deal for Whey till Whey prices swing back in 3-6 months based on a recent fall in the price of milk (i.e., if they swing back at all).

Whey prices are steadily on the rise since:
Bags of protein powder are sold to supplement companies and also to food companies like Kraft or PepsiCo. And that's what takes the biggest bite out of your protein dollar. More and more foods are being fortified with whey protein. Since these conglomerate food companies order far more whey protein than a supplement manufacturer like MuscleTech or Optimum Nutrition can, the supplement guys are left fighting for what remains. Because they have to pay more for the protein powder they buy, so do you.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/the-pro ... otein.html

All in all, if you already have a sizeable quantity of "quality" whey stashed away, don't buy this.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
746 upvotes
Dildo
kodiaktfc wrote: Or you could go to canadianprotein.com and buy 25lbs of protein for something like $170 and use the coupon cp102 to knock off another 5% and its free shipping over $100. Its a great quality, tastes great and mixes really well.
I am on that website right now. Who wants FORTY-FIVE POUNDS of protein for $323.91? :lol: http://www.canadianprotein.com/bulk-protein.html

Wonder what the expiry date on that is. :lol: Better question... wonder how long that would last me. :lol:

I am mostly a whole food person, but there's a limit on how much I can seem to eat and not want to hurl or take a massive dump. After eating a giant meal, I don't want to look at food for another four hours. Yet despite the disgusting amounts of food I seem to eat, I know it's not enough, and I have to discipline myself to eat heavily and eat frequently. It feels like I'm spending most of my day holding eating utensils and speaking to people at work with food being chewed in my mouth.

For whatever reason, I can tolerate a 500-1000 calorie meal shake sooner after a huge meal than I can tolerate another huge meal. These shakes are filling in the gaps. It's like the variety in what I'm forcing down my gullet mitigates the boredom of eating and the urge to vomit.

As I am typing this, I am polishing off whole wheat wraps stuffed with leafy vegetables and a half-chicken carved up into slices... and that's just my first meal of the day. I'm already feeling the massive sh*ts coming on. :lol:
Banned
May 12, 2004
9756 posts
4136 upvotes
Ottawa
Nikhilvoid wrote: Looks like I missed out on BB.com clearing its own brand's stock yesterday. This seems like a good deal if Costco never has another Kaizen sale:
You're comparing apples and oranges...this is a proprietary blend (with concentrate listed first in the ingredients list...so you figure that out), Kaizen is an isolate.

Dollar for dollar Kaizen is a much better deal even at $44.99 or whatever it's selling for now.

It's like saying I can get a Toyota for $100 less than a Lexus...yeah you'll save a few bucks but is the price to quality ratio worth saving $100 with the Toyota?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)