Whey Protein Deals: MyProtein Impact Whey 11lb@$75

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2024 7:27 pm
Deal Fanatic
May 16, 2011
5345 posts
7971 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
CanadaGooseForumAdmin wrote: I'm already feeling the massive sh*ts coming on. :lol:
lol. pretty much having the same day.

weekends, hey?
Cas77 wrote: You're comparing apples and oranges...this is a proprietary blend (with concentrate listed first in the ingredients list...so you figure that out), Kaizen is an isolate.

Dollar for dollar Kaizen is a much better deal even at $44.99 or whatever it's selling for now.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/the-pro ... PID=749547 :
Powders that use more whey concentrates than isolates are less expensive. It's true that you get less protein per scoop, but the price increase for isolate does not necessarily add up to you getting more protein per dollar.

Plus, some whey protein isolate manufacturing steps can harm some of the beneficial whey protein fractions such as beta-lactoglobulin, alpha-lactalbumin, and bovine serum albumin peptides, which provide performanceand physique-enhancing benefits as well as antioxidant and immune-boosting properties.

The gentle filtration that WPC-80 undergoes leaves these all in place. However, remember that whey concentrate contains more lactose, so if you have an intolerance, it may not be your best choice.

Kaizen is $49 for 4.4 pounds @ 35g of protein/41g scoop = 0.028757515 $/G of protein. (Thanks to Frazz from this post)

If Kaizen went down to $32 for 4.4 pounds @ 35g of protein/41g scoop = 0.018780418 $/G of protein.

IST is $65 for 10 pounds @ 25g of protein/35g scoop = 0.0197530864 $/G of protein.

Taste, of course, will always be a factor. But I have tried soy and pea protein in the last few days and that was awful.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
746 upvotes
Dildo
Thanks for those calculations. Do you mind confirming the calculations I made on the bulk protein I linked before? http://www.canadianprotein.com/bulk-protein.html Math is obviously not my strong suit and I'm feeling a bit wiped after sitting on the john prior to typing this post... :lol:

It's $323.91 for 45lbs @ 25g of protein per 30g scoop.

45lbs is 20411.6567g. TWENTY KILOS of stuff. Mother of god. Let's find out how much of that is actually protein.

25g/30g scoop is a ratio of 5/6, or 83.33333333333333333333%.

So 5/6ths of 20411.6567g is 17009.7139166666666666666666666g... So assuming the nutritional label is correct and Reddit hasn't debunked this brand, that's how much actual protein is in the twenty kilo shipment.

$323.91 for 17009.7139166666666666666666666g of actual protein = $0.0190426483118344823... per gram of actual protein. Two cents per gram. Comparable to the IST calculation already performed.

Not sure I could live with a twenty kilo shipment though, ESPECIALLY if it tastes like garbage. :lol:

Looking forward to you guys receiving your IST shipments and reporting back on the taste. From my limited ability to comprehend French, the reviews OP listed seem to compliment the taste. Look for the keyword "gout" which is the French word for "taste".

EDIT - Again, being kind of new to exercise supplementation after being a whole food human garbage disposal for so long and not making significant gains in size (strength fortunately has increased but nothing to show for it :lol :) , I just took a look at the unflavoured protein I'm currently using and enjoying that I got from Loblaws, North Coast Naturals 100% Iso Protein. Label says 24g protein per 28g scoop. 85.7% profile. I pray they're not lying because I paid out the nose for that one. :lol: Still, it's not as expensive as the Genuine Health Proteins+ I used to buy years ago when I was only mixing shakes for convenience, not bodybuilding.
Feb 28, 2009
134 posts
14 upvotes
Cas77 wrote: You're comparing apples and oranges...this is a proprietary blend (with concentrate listed first in the ingredients list...so you figure that out), Kaizen is an isolate.

Dollar for dollar Kaizen is a much better deal even at $44.99 or whatever it's selling for now.

It's like saying I can get a Toyota for $100 less than a Lexus...yeah you'll save a few bucks but is the price to quality ratio worth saving $100 with the Toyota?
+1. This is good value if you're looking for a protein blend but you can't compare this to a whey isolate like Kaizen.
Deal Fanatic
May 16, 2011
5345 posts
7971 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
CanadaGooseForumAdmin wrote:
$323.91 for 17009.7139166666666666666666666g of actual protein = $0.0190426483118344823... per gram of actual protein. Two cents per gram. Comparable to the IST calculation already performed.

Not sure I could live with a twenty kilo shipment though, ESPECIALLY if it tastes like garbage. :lol:
Yep. That checks out. 323.91 / (20 412 * (25 / 30)) = 0.019042328. A good deal even if Costco has another sale. They also offer 3 samples at $1.99 (with free shipping): http://www.canadianprotein.com/samples.html

The other thread has some people saying they like the taste.

Edit: I think the previous poster was talking about this: 25lbs for $175 http://www.canadianprotein.com/Bulk-Whe ... trate.html

Decent profile for a whey concentrate: $166 for 25 pounds (with free shipping and 5% "cp102" coupon) @ 24g of protein/30g scoop = 0.0183077466 $/G of protein.

Side note: Isolate is not a million times better/stronger/purer/concentrated than concentrate. "Isolate" is just as much a branding adjective as "gti" or "xxxl" or "ultra."
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2007
2848 posts
327 upvotes
ilapastel wrote: there was a huge thread on reddit comparing the contents of prot powders and how none of them came even close to what was listed.

but wouldve loved to jump on this before 65 free ship is a steal
id like to see this. link?
Jul 29, 2003
732 posts
36 upvotes
CollageStudent wrote: not good. no taste. no flavour. Dont think theres 25g protein either. not by the way it tastes anyways
Agreed. I bought a 5lb vaniila tub for $34.99. I won't be buying it again. Worst vaniila protein powder I've ever tasted.

The reddit protein lab test results for those interested.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comment ... t_results/

Further proof that not all protein powders are created equal (Kaizen whey isolate got one of the higher scores).
Sep 18, 2008
74 posts
16 upvotes
kodiaktfc wrote: Or you could go to canadianprotein.com and buy 25lbs of protein for something like $170 and use the coupon cp102 to knock off another 5% and its free shipping over $100. Its a great quality, tastes great and mixes really well.
+1...order from there all the time, great quality for the price.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
746 upvotes
Dildo
Nikhilvoid wrote: Yep. That checks out. 323.91 / (20 412 * (25 / 30)) = 0.019042328. A good deal even if Costco has another sale. They also offer 3 samples at $1.99 (with free shipping): http://www.canadianprotein.com/samples.html
I saw those 3 samples for $2 too (and it's free shipping!). I might be going ahead with that. Some of their products intrigue me, in particular the massive 45lbs blend I linked before and their 100% premium isolate (http://www.canadianprotein.com/Bulk-Pre ... olate.html) of which I would like to try samples before committing hundreds of dollars. 29g protein per 30g scoop for the latter. :-0 I'd like to see Reddit's lab results for that one. :lol: Just have to pick a third product to round out my three total samples. :lol:

So even though I won't be participating in the IST deal you linked, since an unflavoured option is surprisingly important to me, I still managed to give thanks four separate times for your useful posts, and without which I would never have discovered CanadianProtein.com. Fate works in mysteriously splendid ways on extremely useful forums such as RFD.
Deal Fanatic
May 16, 2011
5345 posts
7971 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
CanadaGooseForumAdmin wrote: I saw those 3 samples for $2 too (and it's free shipping!). I might be going ahead with that. Some of their products intrigue me, in particular the massive 45lbs blend I linked before and their 100% premium isolate (http://www.canadianprotein.com/Bulk-Pre ... olate.html) of which I would like to try samples before committing hundreds of dollars. 29g protein per 30g scoop for the latter. :-0 I'd like to see Reddit's lab results for that one. :lol: Just have to pick a third product to round out my three total samples. :lol:

So even though I won't be participating in the IST deal you linked, since an unflavoured option is surprisingly important to me, I still managed to give thanks four separate times for your useful posts, and without which I would never have discovered CanadianProtein.com. Fate works in mysteriously splendid ways on extremely useful forums such as RFD.
lol. thanks guy. made me warm inside.

I will probably be buying from canadianprotein in 2-3-4 months too.

But 29/30??? Who makes this?

God?
Nov 19, 2006
678 posts
442 upvotes
Niagara
CanadaGooseForumAdmin wrote: I saw those 3 samples for $2 too (and it's free shipping!). I might be going ahead with that. Some of their products intrigue me, in particular the massive 45lbs blend I linked before and their 100% premium isolate (http://www.canadianprotein.com/Bulk-Pre ... olate.html) of which I would like to try samples before committing hundreds of dollars. 29g protein per 30g scoop for the latter. :-0 I'd like to see Reddit's lab results for that one. :lol: Just have to pick a third product to round out my three total samples. :lol:

I have ordered from canadianprotein a few times in the past. The taste isn't all that great and I have tried vanilla and chocolate. I had a problem with not getting my order and their customer service is horrible. Eventually they just stopped responding to my emails about where my order was and never got my money back. Lucky for me it was just a bunch of samples so I was only out $15 or so. Now I buy from true nutrition and couldn't be happier with the product or the service.

Just something to consider.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2003
7451 posts
237 upvotes
Blue24 wrote: I have ordered from canadianprotein a few times in the past. The taste isn't all that great and I have tried vanilla and chocolate. I had a problem with not getting my order and their customer service is horrible. Eventually they just stopped responding to my emails about where my order was and never got my money back. Lucky for me it was just a bunch of samples so I was only out $15 or so. Now I buy from true nutrition and couldn't be happier with the product or the service.

Just something to consider.
I've had no problems from Canadianprotein. Their unflavored protein is exactly what I expected. Too bad you didn't use a credit card as that would have helped you get your money back.

Hmm 12 posts... do you work for True nutrition? Just pondering.
Thoughts and Prayers to the many thousands of civilians who perished from terrorists acts.
Nov 19, 2006
678 posts
442 upvotes
Niagara
Beradon wrote: I've had no problems from Canadianprotein. Their unflavored protein is exactly what I expected. Too bad you didn't use a credit card as that would have helped you get your money back.

Hmm 12 posts... do you work for True nutrition? Just pondering.

No, I don't work for True Nutrition. I actually recommended Canadian Protein to people in the past because their service WAS good and the product arrived fast. That is until they decided that my $15 is more important than the hundreds of $$$ I was spending on their product every year. Just sharing my experience with CP, that's all.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2005
7963 posts
1142 upvotes
Why do you guys say Kaizen won't go on sale again at Costco?
Aug 13, 2011
533 posts
178 upvotes
HBP wrote: Why do you guys say Kaizen won't go on sale again at Costco?
Hasn't happened since Janurary this year? (I'm pretty sure that's the case)

Trying to call and get my IST order cancelled... no customer service on the weekend -.-
Deal Fanatic
May 16, 2011
5345 posts
7971 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
HBP wrote: Why do you guys say Kaizen won't go on sale again at Costco?
It might not. No one is certain. We'd all like to see it happen.

We all hope it does but given an overall increase in the basic cost of whey, Pepsico and Kraft buying up a whole lot of the whey supply, and supplement producers finding it thus more expensive to produce consumer-grade whey (and given that they will pass their added costs along to us), another Kaizen sale at Costco seems unlikely...

(egg on my face if there is a sale tomorrow. lol.)

Zephyranthes wrote: Trying to call and get my IST order cancelled... no customer service on the weekend -.-
y u no trust the french reviewers?
r they liars?
Mar 24, 2007
255 posts
17 upvotes
Thunder Bay
I did some cost analysis, and when you consider that 10g of a scoop is nothing but filler, ~3lbs of the powder is non protein. You can check my math (35g scoop, 25g is protein, therefore 10g is something else. 454g is 1lb, therefore 454/35 is ~13. 10g is 0.022lbs, which 13*0.022 is 0.286lbs. Multiply that by 10lbs to get 2.86lbs) If that's wrong, then I am a big noob. So you are paying for a lot of filler, where if you pay a little more for a cleaner, purer protein, you use less and gain more, and don't ingest a bunch of fillers.
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2006
2845 posts
293 upvotes
IronMarc wrote: I did some cost analysis, and when you consider that 10g of a scoop is nothing but filler, ~3lbs of the powder is non protein. You can check my math (35g scoop, 25g is protein, therefore 10g is something else. 454g is 1lb, therefore 454/35 is ~13. 10g is 0.022lbs, which 13*0.022 is 0.286lbs. Multiply that by 10lbs to get 2.86lbs) If that's wrong, then I am a big noob. So you are paying for a lot of filler, where if you pay a little more for a cleaner, purer protein, you use less and gain more, and don't ingest a bunch of fillers.
Or more simply, it is given on the label (pic in the OP) 71.4g protein per 100g = 71.4% protein by weight.

It's a blend/concentrate so should expect a protein percentage in the 70s like other blends (Allmax All Whey, ON 100%, etc.).
Mar 24, 2007
255 posts
17 upvotes
Thunder Bay
Smashy wrote: Or more simply, it is given on the label (pic in the OP) 71.4g protein per 100g = 71.4% protein by weight.

It's a blend/concentrate so should expect a protein percentage in the 70s like other blends (Allmax All Whey, ON 100%, etc.).
LOL!

Well, I paid around 94$ for 6.6lbs of Iso Sensation 93, and recieved 65$ worth of free gifts from supplementscanada.com. Mind you, I don't find the full $65 in value, more like $20 of stuff i'd actually use.

For a well reviewed protein, I think the deal is better. And I am sure there are even better deals out there.
Deal Fanatic
May 16, 2011
5345 posts
7971 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
IronMarc wrote: LOL!

And I am sure there are even better deals out there.

...and shoplifting makes stuff free!

edit: calculations on page two. you just eat more of the stuff.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
imo protein in a bottle is OVERATED!!! is it just me or not, as i always get the 'runs' when i take protein shakes? :cry: maybe user error huh

i think when i was on alot of protein, i did find i had better muscle mass/definition, im currently OFF protein supplements
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)