Whey Protein Deals: MyProtein Impact Whey 11lb@$75

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2024 7:27 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
746 upvotes
Dildo
Sejad wrote: In all honesty tho the tax kills the deal? or am I wrong?
Tax kills every deal. Remember that the only two inevitabilities in life are death and taxes. :lol:

I just verified my receipt for my last Loblaws protein purchase, and indeed I was charged tax. And I was charged tax on my www.CanadianProtein.com samples purchase too. Going by that, I'm assuming from here on forth that I will be charged tax for protein, which really is a non-grocery sort of item that would otherwise be tax-exempt. On a related note, I was slightly surprised to discover that cashews (which I love to put in my protein shakes) aren't considered groceries at Loblaws either, so I was charged tax on them too.

EDIT - The price calculations I have performed in this thread do not factor in tax unless I have indicated so (such as with the www.CanadianProtein.com samples). It's a base price (before-tax) calculation. Otherwise I'll be sitting here all day calculating prices for all provinces with different tax rates. Assuming I will always be charged tax on all protein purchases, I figure I can ignore including taxes in my math, which makes comparing the different results much easier.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6104 posts
4783 upvotes
CanadaGooseForumAdmin wrote: Tax kills every deal. Remember that the only two inevitabilities in life are death and taxes. :lol:

I just verified my receipt for my last Loblaws protein purchase, and indeed I was charged tax. And I was charged tax on my www.CanadianProtein.com samples purchase too. Going by that, I'm assuming from here on forth that I will be charged tax for protein, which really is a non-grocery sort of item that would otherwise be tax-exempt. On a related note, I was slightly surprised to discover that cashews (which I love to put in my protein shakes) aren't considered groceries at Loblaws either, so I was charged tax on them too.

EDIT - The price calculations I have performed in this thread do not factor in tax unless I have indicated so (such as with the www.CanadianProtein.com samples). It's a base price (before-tax) calculation. Otherwise I'll be sitting here all day calculating prices for all provinces with different tax rates. Assuming I will always be charged tax on all protein purchases, I figure I can ignore including taxes in my math, which makes comparing the different results much easier.

Lmao, I really need a new source of high ISP protein since I am around 230lb and cutting and I need a protein where I can take less of it per scoop because I hate taking 2-3 scoops to get like 50-60 grams of protein. The best protein I have found for that to date are either the Kaizen stuff or the canadianprotein.com stuff.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
746 upvotes
Dildo
The best profile I have seen (in my limited experience) is 29g protein per 30g scoop offered by www.CanadianProtein.com's Premium Whey Isolate, if we believe that the 29g/30g is true as it's listed on the website and packaging.

Bulk order:
http://www.canadianprotein.com/Bulk-Pre ... olate.html

5lbs:
http://www.canadianprotein.com/Premium- ... olate.html

2lbs:
http://www.canadianprotein.com/Premium- ... -2lbs.html

Still waiting on my three samples to arrive. One of the samples I selected is this Premium Whey Isolate. Looking forward to trying it.

Best of luck on your cutting! I've done hypocaloric diets in the past and find it worlds easier to resist eating so much than it is to continuously gorge myself with food. I'm bulking and I'm getting sick of shoving food and shakes down my gullet, plus it eats up so many hours of the day (food preparation and the act of ingesting). Can't wait to be on your position and free up a bunch of time. :lol:
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
746 upvotes
Dildo
CanadianProtein messed up my order of my three samples which I just received in the mail today. Only one out of the three little pouches was correct. :facepalm: They gave me flavours when I requested UNFLAVOURED, and one of the pouches is even a duplicate of the correct one except it's flavoured. Where's my third distinct unflavoured protein type? :lol:

Not a fantastic first step, but hey, they're just tiny 30g samples and they were a mere two dollars. If they can answer my detailed e-mail in a timely fashion and resolve my problem, I'll have a little more confidence ordering over twenty pounds worth of product from them down the road. :lol:
Nov 4, 2005
337 posts
8 upvotes
Canadianprotein were good 8-12 months ago when they first got on the scene, but since they have grown in popularity there prices have increased as well, not the good deal they once were. I stopped ordering from them a couple of months ago after one of my orders didn't show. Called them and they said I had to make a report with canada post which I did, called them back and they were waiting to hear from Canada post, so they said. Either or in the end they just gave me the run around and I did not get my product or my money back, their customer service is lacking and not worth my money anymore unfortunately.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
746 upvotes
Dildo
Scary story. Hope my order of samples isn't a taste of things to come...

It'll be my litmus test for this company.

Did you ever try getting your credit card company to reverse the charge on your credit card? You didn't mention anything about this.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6104 posts
4783 upvotes
I got my 3 samples, all three were premium 1x vanilla, 1x chocolate, 1x chocolate peanut butter. The peanut butter one tasted nothing like peanut butter, the chocolate tasted the same as the chocolate one, vanila was ok...But in all honesty the protein seemed to lack richness of flavours and just seemed like it was a cheap Asian import or something.
Nov 19, 2006
678 posts
442 upvotes
Niagara
PJ311 wrote: Canadianprotein were good 8-12 months ago when they first got on the scene, but since they have grown in popularity there prices have increased as well, not the good deal they once were. I stopped ordering from them a couple of months ago after one of my orders didn't show. Called them and they said I had to make a report with canada post which I did, called them back and they were waiting to hear from Canada post, so they said. Either or in the end they just gave me the run around and I did not get my product or my money back, their customer service is lacking and not worth my money anymore unfortunately.

Sounds very much like my experience with them :(
Jan 31, 2007
342 posts
8 upvotes
Scarborough
I received my samples a couple of days ago.

I'm thinking of ordering a 25-lbs box. But I'm worried about how legitimate this site is; whether or not the nutritional infos listed are actually true. And now the horror stories about deliveries.

:/
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2006
1265 posts
64 upvotes
GTA
AW man you guys are scaring me now, made an order in the beginning of the week (canadianprotein) and still hasn't been shipped yet.
Sep 24, 2006
49 posts
3 upvotes
PJ311 wrote: Canadianprotein were good 8-12 months ago when they first got on the scene, but since they have grown in popularity there prices have increased as well, not the good deal they once were. I stopped ordering from them a couple of months ago after one of my orders didn't show. Called them and they said I had to make a report with canada post which I did, called them back and they were waiting to hear from Canada post, so they said. Either or in the end they just gave me the run around and I did not get my product or my money back, their customer service is lacking and not worth my money anymore unfortunately.
Where are you shopping now?
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
746 upvotes
Dildo
Here I am, chiming in again about CanadianProtein. Yesterday I had sent them an e-mail informing them that my order of three samples was mostly incorrect. I received a timely response from them today promising to send me the three samples I originally specified in my order. Seems like it's at no extra cost.

Looks like they are owning up to their mistake and absorbing the cost of sending me three proper samples. So, it looks like I've just been privy to trying six samples for the price of three.

Who the heck knows... even though my intention was to obtain unflavoured protein, maybe these erroneous flavoured ones I received first might end up being delicious and I would never have known what I was missing had CanadianProtein not messed up in the first place.

Now, whether they can correctly fulfill my order this time is a different matter entirely. :lol:
Jun 28, 2012
167 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto, ON
CanadaGooseForumAdmin wrote: The best profile I have seen (in my limited experience) is 29g protein per 30g scoop offered by www.CanadianProtein.com's Premium Whey Isolate, if we believe that the 29g/30g is true as it's listed on the website and packaging.

Bulk order:
http://www.canadianprotein.com/Bulk-Pre ... olate.html

5lbs:
http://www.canadianprotein.com/Premium- ... olate.html

2lbs:
http://www.canadianprotein.com/Premium- ... -2lbs.html

Still waiting on my three samples to arrive. One of the samples I selected is this Premium Whey Isolate. Looking forward to trying it.

Best of luck on your cutting! I've done hypocaloric diets in the past and find it worlds easier to resist eating so much than it is to continuously gorge myself with food. I'm bulking and I'm getting sick of shoving food and shakes down my gullet, plus it eats up so many hours of the day (food preparation and the act of ingesting). Can't wait to be on your position and free up a bunch of time. :lol:
I'm guessing they source their premium isolate product from davisco foods, they make an isolate that tests out to 97-98% typically.
Jun 28, 2012
167 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I agree, before they added all their brand name products they had very good service and shipping. When they added the brand name products, service tanked, I had to call in a few times and they admitted that they were having issues with logistics, etc. and assured me that it would be taken care of. That was about 1 month ago, I've made a few orders since then and it's been very smooth. Very happy they seamed to have ironed out the kinks.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
how is this stuff compared to myofusion? anyone thanks

http://www.supplementscanada.com/myofus ... _6_lb.html
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Deal Fanatic
May 16, 2011
5345 posts
7971 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
CanadaGooseForumAdmin wrote: Who the heck knows... even though my intention was to obtain unflavoured protein, maybe these erroneous flavoured ones I received first might end up being delicious and I would never have known what I was missing had CanadianProtein not messed up in the first place.

Now, whether they can correctly fulfill my order this time is a different matter entirely. :lol:
Did you try the samples you did get? If so, what were they like?
Yeahbuddy wrote: I'm guessing they source their premium isolate product from davisco foods, they make an isolate that tests out to 97-98% typically.
If that is true, what would it mean? Is Davisco foods really nice and reputable? Or not so much...?
Yeahbuddy wrote: I agree, before they added all their brand name products they had very good service and shipping. When they added the brand name products, service tanked, I had to call in a few times and they admitted that they were having issues with logistics, etc. and assured me that it would be taken care of. That was about 1 month ago, I've made a few orders since then and it's been very smooth. Very happy they seamed to have ironed out the kinks.
This is good to hear. I hope that was a temporary glitch. Everyone is allowed the occasional, temporary glitch.
mikka1989 wrote: how is this stuff compared to myofusion? anyone thanks

http://www.supplementscanada.com/myofus ... _6_lb.html
IST and Canadianprotein are both considerably cheaper than the Myofusion deal. Myofusion has 25g of protein/36 g scoop for $55. Compare that with the calculations in the OP.

I cannot comment on the trustworthiness of IST Vs. Canadianprotein Vs. Gaspari. Gaspari has had their own issues with the FDA last year. I assume those issues have been resolved. Even so, I cannot safely comment on how well regulated whey supplements are. Given the paucity of relevant data that might be used in a comparative study...

What my main concern is is not to be caught in a inflated-whey-price bubble. I don't want to spend $50/5 lbs now if they whey prices fall back to $30/5 lbs over the next few quarters.

Look at the US whey price charts here:

[IMG]http://future.aae.wisc.edu/weekly_value ... duration=1[/IMG] [IMG]http://future.aae.wisc.edu/weekly_value ... duration=1[/IMG]

[IMG]http://future.aae.wisc.edu/weekly_value ... duration=1[/IMG]

Whey prices are dropping but demand for it remains strong (coupled with a few other factors), which means whey-supplement prices may or may not return to their lower prices over the next 6 months or more. Thus the potential danger of being trapped in the inflated whey-price-bubble if you buy enough whey at these prices to last you a year, i.e. about 40 lbs (going by my consumption rates).

I hate being trapped. Hate it!

I would buy more from IST or from Canadaianprotein but I am hoping a Costco Kaizen sale will happen in the next few months.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2006
3627 posts
472 upvotes
Toronto
from what i can tell, canadaprotein.com aka truesupplements.com these, guys used to be good. I had a issue with my order also i called the cell phone atleast 10-15 times b4 finaly reaching this person. It looks like this company is run by couple of guys at best and their "customer support staff" is just 1 person handling everything and doing this by himself.

Maybe these guys disbanded or something and theres only 1 guy running the company lol.
====================================
Nov 4, 2005
337 posts
8 upvotes
ludhi wrote: from what i can tell, canadaprotein.com aka truesupplements.com these, guys used to be good. I had a issue with my order also i called the cell phone atleast 10-15 times b4 finaly reaching this person. It looks like this company is run by couple of guys at best and their "customer support staff" is just 1 person handling everything and doing this by himself.

Maybe these guys disbanded or something and theres only 1 guy running the company lol.
I think your absolutely right with this comment, every time I called them I spoke with the same guy. My experience is just mine and hopefully none of you will experience the same, hopefully they can get back to where they were 8-10 months ago, but their prices ain't gonna come back down now that they have a solid customer base. It's amazing how RFD can bring business to a company, I blame it haha!
Right now I buy my protein from Costco and any other supplements online or instore, pending where I can get the best price, PITA.
I never even thought of canceling with my credit card company, even though I think I payed via PayPal. Either or I didn't because when I called canadianprotein they said they would fix the situation, after 6 weeks of calling them and canadapost I have up, not worth my time. They just seemed to be blaming each other and I was getting nowhere.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
746 upvotes
Dildo
Nikhilvoid wrote: Did you try the samples you did get? If so, what were they like?
I've had one so far, the little packet of Premium Whey Blend (http://www.canadianprotein.com/Bulk-Whe ... Blend.html), vanilla flavour, which was one of the erroneous ones that CanadianProtein screwed up on my order. This one was an erroneous duplicate since I did receive unflavoured Premium Whey Blend but I didn't ask for a second one of this same protein type, let alone one that is flavoured. :lol:

Blended the contents with 450ml skim milk which frothed up really quickly. Wasn't expecting that to happen and it nearly overshot my single serve blender. :lol: Normally I throw in a medley of other ingredients (cashews, plain yogurt, honey, banana) but I wanted to see what the vanilla flavour was like on its own.

Tasted pretty good, like vanilla icing on a cake. It was nice this one time. But, much like cake and as delicious as cake is, I don't think I could imagine having it every day and not get sick of it due to the sickening sweetness. And this is coming from a guy who used to eat a lot of sugary treats and candy in his youth. Ordering 25lbs of vanilla powder would be out of the question for me; after three days, I'd probably start dreading blending up my shakes and lose the discipline I need to gorge myself with calories and protein. It's already difficult enough forcing enormous amounts of whole food down my esophagus. I don't need my shakes to be anything less than enticing too. :lol:

Summary: Vanilla protein from CanadianProtein is tasty, but not my cup of tea. At least the one packet they sent me that was actually correct is unflavoured Premium Whey Blend. I'll post again when I've had that one and the cookies & cream 100% Premium Isolate.

CanadianProtein quickly apologized for sending me erroneous samples and they say they've now sent out the proper ones I requested. Looking forward to those unflavoured packets. :D
Deal Fanatic
May 16, 2011
5345 posts
7971 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
CanadaGooseForumAdmin wrote: I've had one so far, the little packet of Premium Whey Blend (http://www.canadianprotein.com/Bulk-Whe ... Blend.html), vanilla flavour, which was one of the erroneous ones that CanadianProtein screwed up on my order. This one was an erroneous duplicate since I did receive unflavoured Premium Whey Blend but I didn't ask for a second one of this same protein type, let alone one that is flavoured. :lol:

Blended the contents with 450ml skim milk which frothed up really quickly. Wasn't expecting that to happen and it nearly overshot my single serve blender. :lol: Normally I throw in a medley of other ingredients (cashews, plain yogurt, honey, banana) but I wanted to see what the vanilla flavour was like on its own.

Tasted pretty good, like vanilla icing on a cake. It was nice this one time. But, much like cake and as delicious as cake is, I don't think I could imagine having it every day and not get sick of it due to the sickening sweetness. And this is coming from a guy who used to eat a lot of sugary treats and candy in his youth. Ordering 25lbs of vanilla powder would be out of the question for me; after three days, I'd probably start dreading blending up my shakes and lose the discipline I need to gorge myself with calories and protein. It's already difficult enough forcing enormous amounts of whole food down my esophagus. I don't need my shakes to be anything less than enticing too. :lol:

Summary: Vanilla protein from CanadianProtein is tasty, but not my cup of tea. At least the one packet they sent me that was actually correct is unflavoured Premium Whey Blend. I'll post again when I've had that one and the cookies & cream 100% Premium Isolate.

CanadianProtein quickly apologized for sending me erroneous samples and they say they've now sent out the proper ones I requested. Looking forward to those unflavoured packets. :D
lol. Thanks for the detailed review. Exactly what I was hoping for. Adding to OP.

I wonder if the chocolate is also that sweet.

Also, I think if you add lemon or butter, it reduces perceived-sweetness or something?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)