Ongoing Deal Discussion

Whey Protein Deals: MyProtein Impact Whey 11lb@$75

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2024 7:27 pm
Jan 17, 2010
950 posts
169 upvotes
Toronto
mepatrick wrote: Damn I want one of the shaker bottles from BB.com but shipping is a killer.
Why do you want one from bb.com? You know they sell those in Canada right?
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
4370 posts
6936 upvotes
morpheiz wrote: Is it a coincidence that I received a Popeyes advertisement in the mail today?
I enjoy receiving those in the mail for the lols!! Those sure are great deals there Popeyes....
Nov 20, 2003
525 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
Sibica wrote: I'd personally get Kaizen Naturals in a Healthy Planet store, NOT online (their online service sucks the big one and it's only $51.99 instore vs $59.99 online). Alternatively, look at True Protein/True Nutrition, where they have natural premium flavours. Good stuff.
Anyone try the Costco Kaizen All Natural Whey Protein Isolate, unflavoured.
It looks like it does not contain artificial sweeteners?
And at $45 for 4.4 lbs (cheaper than the regular Kaizen), this might be a good option to New Zealand whey?
kookieMonster2k2 - GTA Baby!!
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2010
1603 posts
175 upvotes
Markham
kookieMonster2k2 wrote: Anyone try the Costco Kaizen All Natural Whey Protein Isolate, unflavoured.
And at $45 for 4.4 lbs (cheaper than the regular Kaizen), this might be a good option to New Zealand whey?
I believe the Costco stuff does have sweetener

Edit: Looks like even the Kaizen New Zealand All Natural has Stevia. This is not the one at Costco but I do remember looking at the Costco stuff and it did have something in it that made me put it down right away. Not sure if it was Stevia or Sucralose. Maybe even other ingredients that didn't make it to natural.
Apr 20, 2006
856 posts
596 upvotes
For the lactose intolerant people, I have been testing out Perfect Nutrition - Diesel and I am having no problems with it at all. Tried the vanilla but found it was too sweet, I ended up buying the banana flavor as it was just the right amount of flavor.
I grabbed it from healthy planet for 79 bucks for 5 lbs. Not the greatest price but worth it for me to be able to get protein in me and not worrying if it was going to affect me.

Cheers

GREAT THING ABOUT IT- no artificial sweetener just stevia
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2010
1607 posts
326 upvotes
Toronto
So I think I'm going to be ordering the IST deal. Anyone know how long it takes to ship? I'm running pretty low. And if anyone in the GTA wants <3 tubs let me know and maybe I can order 1 for you. Is there a concensus on which flavour is better? Typically I prefer vanilla so I think I'll grab 2 vanilla 1 chocolate.
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2006
2845 posts
293 upvotes
kookieMonster2k2 wrote: Anyone try the Costco Kaizen All Natural Whey Protein Isolate, unflavoured.
Does Costco typically carry the Kaizen Naturals Chocolate or Vanilla? Or just the unflavoured one for Naturals? Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7747 posts
2750 upvotes
ON
Only unflavoured so far.
Feb 7, 2013
61 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto
mepatrick wrote: Where?
GNC sells them, pretty sure you could find it elsewhere too but I got mine from there.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2009
2345 posts
154 upvotes
shaayan wrote: GNC sells them, pretty sure you could find it elsewhere too but I got mine from there.
Is it the same type as the one on BB.com's website?
Aug 28, 2012
11 posts
2 upvotes
London
yellowmonky wrote: So I think I'm going to be ordering the IST deal. Anyone know how long it takes to ship? I'm running pretty low. And if anyone in the GTA wants <3 tubs let me know and maybe I can order 1 for you. Is there a concensus on which flavour is better? Typically I prefer vanilla so I think I'll grab 2 vanilla 1 chocolate.
I ordered mine Wednesday night and I got it just now, so very quick shipping.

Also, I bought all chocolate and it's arguably the worst whey I have ever tasted. I didn't even use the recommended 250ml and it was incredibly thin (I prefer thicker). Not sure how it is with milk (most whey tends to improve when I drink it with milk) but it's awful with water.

After these three tubs, I'm getting off that poverty whey time.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2008
2891 posts
259 upvotes
The unflavouired Kaizen Naturals at Costco contains STEVIA. I don't know why because it's unflavoured.
ficklen wrote: For the lactose intolerant people, I have been testing out Perfect Nutrition - Diesel and I am having no problems with it at all. Tried the vanilla but found it was too sweet, I ended up buying the banana flavor as it was just the right amount of flavor.
I grabbed it from healthy planet for 79 bucks for 5 lbs. Not the greatest price but worth it for me to be able to get protein in me and not worrying if it was going to affect me.

Cheers

GREAT THING ABOUT IT- no artificial sweetener just stevia
My buddy took Diesel and farted like a mofo. He tossed the jug for that reason alone. I gave him what I had left of Kaizen Naturals vanilla and no farts. Guess it depends.

I also took the Perfect Whey in pineapple/mango and chocolate peanut butter = DISGUSTINGLY SWEET. Absolutely brutal to drink it was so sweet. I won't buy it again for that reason alone. Plus the Kaizen Naturals is cheaper and tastes so much better. BTW, the Kaizen Naturals now comes in some cool looking cardboard jugs! Yes, cardboard, not plastic. Very interesting looking. Gimmicky yes, but should market the product well to the little yuppies in Whole Foods looking to go green :facepalm:
Smashy wrote: Does Costco typically carry the Kaizen Naturals Chocolate or Vanilla? Or just the unflavoured one for Naturals? Thanks
Costco so far (as I've seen) only has the unflavoured one. Healthy Planet in store has it for $51.99 anyway so it's fairly priced. I liked the vanilla much better than chocolate but doen't be fooled by the standard Kaizen chocolate (which is horrible). This one is alright.
The best way to become ordinary is to follow the advice of ordinary people.
Unless you've actually tried something, your comments are virtually meaningless.
Condemnation before investigation is the highest form of ignorance
Nov 20, 2003
525 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
shaayan wrote: GNC sells them, pretty sure you could find it elsewhere too but I got mine from there.
You can get the same shaker bottle from Popeye's.
It has the blender ball.
Works well for me.
Normal price is $9.99 but when I was in the store in Mississauga, I bought it for $6.99
kookieMonster2k2 - GTA Baby!!
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2006
2845 posts
293 upvotes
kookieMonster2k2 wrote: You can get the same shaker bottle from Popeye's.
It has the blender ball.
Works well for me.
Normal price is $9.99 but when I was in the store in Mississauga, I bought it for $6.99
You don't even need anything fancy with a decent protein. My favourite shaker (just cause it's smaller than those big ones) is just the cup and lid, so it's easier to clean - works perfectly for Dymatize stuff, Canadianprotein, Kaizen, UN Whey Sensation, etc.
Oct 7, 2005
131 posts
184 upvotes
Sibica wrote: The unflavouired Kaizen Naturals at Costco contains STEVIA. I don't know why because it's unflavoured.
My guess would be that stevia adds sweetness but doesn't impart flavor.

For anyone concerned about artificial sweeteners, my suggestion would be to get the unflavored and unsweetened whey and add your own natural flavorings and sweetener. You can add cocoa, cinnamon, vanilla extract, etc for flavor and stevia, honey, etc for sweetness. I suggest using stevia if you are also concerned about the sugar in honey. Sure, there is a little extra preparation involved with this but it gives you some peace of mind if you are worried about artificial ingredients.
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2012
1457 posts
889 upvotes
Perpetualmotion wrote: I ordered mine Wednesday night and I got it just now, so very quick shipping.

Also, I bought all chocolate and it's arguably the worst whey I have ever tasted. I didn't even use the recommended 250ml and it was incredibly thin (I prefer thicker). Not sure how it is with milk (most whey tends to improve when I drink it with milk) but it's awful with water.

After these three tubs, I'm getting off that poverty whey time.
The vanilla isn't much better iirc. After going through a tub of that though I also try to stick to more well known tastier brands :p
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2010
1607 posts
326 upvotes
Toronto
mepatrick wrote: I was looking to pick this up one which includes the holder for the protein. Do you just put the powder in another container?

http://ca.bodybuilding.com/store/smarts ... id=2555004
Yeah I saw that and it's a pretty good idea if you are taking pills etc as well. For me I just take protein and use another container.

Canadaprotein.com has a simple shaker for $5. I was looking to see if I could package this in with their protein samples (free shipping) but you can't.

http://www.canadianprotein.com/GASPARI- ... _8883.html

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)