• Last Updated:
  • Nov 1st, 2016 5:25 am
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2003
7451 posts
235 upvotes
Blue24 wrote:
Jun 17th, 2012 10:08 am
I have ordered from canadianprotein a few times in the past. The taste isn't all that great and I have tried vanilla and chocolate. I had a problem with not getting my order and their customer service is horrible. Eventually they just stopped responding to my emails about where my order was and never got my money back. Lucky for me it was just a bunch of samples so I was only out $15 or so. Now I buy from true nutrition and couldn't be happier with the product or the service.

Just something to consider.
I've had no problems from Canadianprotein. Their unflavored protein is exactly what I expected. Too bad you didn't use a credit card as that would have helped you get your money back.

Hmm 12 posts... do you work for True nutrition? Just pondering.
Thoughts and Prayers to the many thousands of civilians who perished from terrorists acts.
Nov 19, 2006
51 posts
14 upvotes
Niagara
Beradon wrote:
Jun 17th, 2012 10:12 am
I've had no problems from Canadianprotein. Their unflavored protein is exactly what I expected. Too bad you didn't use a credit card as that would have helped you get your money back.

Hmm 12 posts... do you work for True nutrition? Just pondering.

No, I don't work for True Nutrition. I actually recommended Canadian Protein to people in the past because their service WAS good and the product arrived fast. That is until they decided that my $15 is more important than the hundreds of $$$ I was spending on their product every year. Just sharing my experience with CP, that's all.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2005
7400 posts
686 upvotes
Why do you guys say Kaizen won't go on sale again at Costco?
Aug 13, 2011
341 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
HBP wrote:
Jun 17th, 2012 11:08 am
Hasn't happened since Janurary this year? (I'm pretty sure that's the case)

Trying to call and get my IST order cancelled... no customer service on the weekend -.-
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2134 posts
1228 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
HBP wrote:
Jun 17th, 2012 11:08 am
It might not. No one is certain. We'd all like to see it happen.

We all hope it does but given an overall increase in the basic cost of whey, Pepsico and Kraft buying up a whole lot of the whey supply, and supplement producers finding it thus more expensive to produce consumer-grade whey (and given that they will pass their added costs along to us), another Kaizen sale at Costco seems unlikely...

(egg on my face if there is a sale tomorrow. lol.)

Zephyranthes wrote:
Jun 17th, 2012 11:50 am
Trying to call and get my IST order cancelled... no customer service on the weekend -.-
y u no trust the french reviewers?
r they liars?
Mar 24, 2007
255 posts
17 upvotes
Thunder Bay
I did some cost analysis, and when you consider that 10g of a scoop is nothing but filler, ~3lbs of the powder is non protein. You can check my math (35g scoop, 25g is protein, therefore 10g is something else. 454g is 1lb, therefore 454/35 is ~13. 10g is 0.022lbs, which 13*0.022 is 0.286lbs. Multiply that by 10lbs to get 2.86lbs) If that's wrong, then I am a big noob. So you are paying for a lot of filler, where if you pay a little more for a cleaner, purer protein, you use less and gain more, and don't ingest a bunch of fillers.
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2006
2531 posts
130 upvotes
IronMarc wrote:
Jun 17th, 2012 3:01 pm
I did some cost analysis, and when you consider that 10g of a scoop is nothing but filler, ~3lbs of the powder is non protein. You can check my math (35g scoop, 25g is protein, therefore 10g is something else. 454g is 1lb, therefore 454/35 is ~13. 10g is 0.022lbs, which 13*0.022 is 0.286lbs. Multiply that by 10lbs to get 2.86lbs) If that's wrong, then I am a big noob. So you are paying for a lot of filler, where if you pay a little more for a cleaner, purer protein, you use less and gain more, and don't ingest a bunch of fillers.
Or more simply, it is given on the label (pic in the OP) 71.4g protein per 100g = 71.4% protein by weight.

It's a blend/concentrate so should expect a protein percentage in the 70s like other blends (Allmax All Whey, ON 100%, etc.).
Mar 24, 2007
255 posts
17 upvotes
Thunder Bay
Smashy wrote:
Jun 17th, 2012 3:33 pm
Or more simply, it is given on the label (pic in the OP) 71.4g protein per 100g = 71.4% protein by weight.

It's a blend/concentrate so should expect a protein percentage in the 70s like other blends (Allmax All Whey, ON 100%, etc.).
LOL!

Well, I paid around 94$ for 6.6lbs of Iso Sensation 93, and recieved 65$ worth of free gifts from supplementscanada.com. Mind you, I don't find the full $65 in value, more like $20 of stuff i'd actually use.

For a well reviewed protein, I think the deal is better. And I am sure there are even better deals out there.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2134 posts
1228 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
IronMarc wrote:
Jun 17th, 2012 3:37 pm
LOL!

And I am sure there are even better deals out there.

...and shoplifting makes stuff free!

edit: calculations on page two. you just eat more of the stuff.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16556 posts
1492 upvotes
imo protein in a bottle is OVERATED!!! is it just me or not, as i always get the 'runs' when i take protein shakes? :cry: maybe user error huh

i think when i was on alot of protein, i did find i had better muscle mass/definition, im currently OFF protein supplements
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2134 posts
1228 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
mikka1989 wrote:
Jun 17th, 2012 4:51 pm
is it just me or not, as i always get the 'runs' when i take protein shakes? :cry: maybe user error huh

i think when i was on alot of protein, i did find i had better muscle mass/definition, im currently OFF protein supplements
You might be lactase deficient/lactose intolerant. A surprising number of people are. I thought I was till a few years ago.

If you think you are, send for the Canadianprotein samples mentioned above and check for "results" between the ultra-isolate-whey and the concentrate-whey (which has more lactose).

Or ask your GP for advice.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2010
2598 posts
1755 upvotes
Some whey protein blends come with enzymes (including an appropriate dose of lactase., among other digestive enzymes) Actually, only the high quality whey blends from good brands, which are thus the more expensive ones. Whey blends from el cheapo brands contains lots of lactose (high whey content) and no digestive enzymes.

I used to use isolate (iso93) without taking lactaid (lactase) or whey blends with lactase already mixed in, but now I'm looking for a blend or isolate without sugar nor flavor -not for muscle or exercise, but as a zero-carbs nutritional supplement for shakes.
mikka1989 wrote:
Jun 17th, 2012 4:51 pm
imo protein in a bottle is OVERATED!!! is it just me or not, as i always get the 'runs' when i take protein shakes? :cry: maybe user error huh

Grumbling guts? discomfort? the runs? (extreme case) as Nikhilvoid said you might not be able to digest lactose. Ask your general physician to have you take a hydrogen breath test for lactose intolerance (lactase deficiency.) You can always take lactase (OTC), but is kind of a guess work about the dose and timing (20-30 min. before taking any food you know/suspect contains lactose) and is expensive (lactaid ultra or act fast, regular is too slow/weak, some generics are less expensive.)
Deal Addict
May 27, 2007
2744 posts
289 upvotes
I tried some of this and it doesnt seem to great. The taste really doesnt intrigue me as well as lots of fillers.
Pass.
Better to hope for a costco sale and pick up 20 buckets of kaizen.
[highlight]__RFD iTrader:_______76|||0[/highlight]
[highlight]___HEATWARE:______16|||0[/highlight]
[highlight]_____EBAY:_______142|||0[/highlight]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2003
7451 posts
235 upvotes
Nikhilvoid wrote:
Jun 16th, 2012 11:05 am
Okay. This is purely speculative. You are making three presuppositions (any or all three may still be false):
Private testing may be skewed but we have to give the benefit of the doubt to those who initiate these tests. There's nothing to lose here.
1. Whey manufacturers are lying/have poor quality control/are out to get you.
Whey manufacturers are in the business to make profit. If there are unscrupulous ways to increase profit then we can assume some manufactures would put these procedures into practice. The problem here is there's no federal dept. that constantly ensures these supplements are what they claim. It is up to the public to investigate these claims.
2. This person is able to accurately measure protein content.
The person doing the test is an experienced lab technician. Of course one cannot say there will be no margin of error but we have to start somewhere. There are just not enough testing being done on supplements to confirm the ingredients on the label matches up with the contents of the product. The person doing the testing posted an interesting point. We all review benchmarks for computers and peripherals from many different sites in order to make an informed choice. How can we do that with supplements if there is NO public source of laboratory testing of supplements? It would be nice if different (independent non-profit)fitness & health sites would regularly test supplements at accredited labs and have the results publicly displayed.

It was funny that a couple of the companies in the test publicly came forward to dispute the results. That was fine until they presented their own independent lab results. This was laughable and useless since they could have ensured the sample they sent in would have met or exceed their claims on the product's label.
3. This person does not have his own personal agenda that goes beyond wanting the best for himself and his fellow consumers...
I can't see any obvious agenda here except if there's a discrepancy between the products that score positively high on his tests compared to other independent tests on the same products. Unfortunately there isn't any other tests unless people start coming forward and paying for these test at accredited labs and sharing the results. Even better if an outfit like Consumer Reports would step in and tests these supplements regularly.
A further problem is: look at the test on Kaizen: 78% of the advertised value. Even ON is "lying."

I am not one to side with Big Whey (lol) but even with a healthy amount of scepticism, this deal is a good deal for Whey till Whey prices swing back in 3-6 months based on a recent fall in the price of milk (i.e., if they swing back at all).
The closer you get to the claims on the label the more forgiving is the public. It goes without saying this effects other products even when gov't regulations are involved. Take the case of fuel mileage with automobiles. People understand they can't achieve the exact results from lab tested cars but know that it's an form of evaluating a manufacturer's claim. If real world results were consistently and grossly different from said claims then an investigation can be brought forward.
Thoughts and Prayers to the many thousands of civilians who perished from terrorists acts.
Apr 21, 2008
893 posts
163 upvotes
seems like a good deal but cant risk spending that much on something i've never tasted before. I've had some really bad whey before and it's not worth the risk for me....regardless, thanks OP!
× < >