Whey Protein Deals: MyProtein Impact Whey 11lb@$75

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2024 7:27 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
4438 posts
1927 upvotes
Vulcan, AB
Nikhilvoid wrote: That sounds a lot like xenoglossophobia (or even xenophobia).

Uhhh, actually, no. There's one French review that was linked and I can find nothing else whatsoever. The problem is that I want to find a review that I can, well, READ. I would settle for a German, Russian or Polish review as well, although my ability with those 3 is extremely lacking (so it would be a tough read). Not being able to find detailed product information is sort of an issue when one wishes to purchase an unknown product. Besides, given that the product is a North American product, it does concern me that there are no English reviews. If it were a South Korean product, I'd be concerned if no Koreans had ever heard of it either (you know...the ones in the South).

I am in no way trying to crap on your thread; I am merely concerned by a product that seems completely unknown. Thanks for being judgmental though.
Deal Fanatic
May 16, 2011
5345 posts
7971 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Russell wrote: Uhhh, actually, no. There's one French review that was linked and I can find nothing else whatsoever. The problem is that I want to find a review that I can, well, READ. I would settle for a German, Russian or Polish review as well, although my ability with those 3 is extremely lacking (so it would be a tough read). Not being able to find detailed product information is sort of an issue when one wishes to purchase an unknown product. Besides, given that the product is a North American product, it does concern me that there are no English reviews. If it were a South Korean product, I'd be concerned if no Koreans had ever heard of it either (you know...the ones in the South).

I am in no way trying to crap on your thread; I am merely concerned by a product that seems completely unknown. Thanks for being judgmental though.
Sorry. My bad. I just assumed everyone used google translate.

http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... 67&act=url

http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... 68&act=url

Adding to OP as well.

A lot of companies export their product rather than sell locally. I remember reading that whey prices are rising partly because a lot of local milk producers are selling their milk to developing nations rather than do business locally (higher profits or something).

Anyway, I'm holding off all judgement till I get my 10lb bag. I will gladly threadcrap this thread if it disappoints.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
4438 posts
1927 upvotes
Vulcan, AB
Nikhilvoid wrote: Sorry. My bad. I just assumed everyone used google translate.
Have YOU ever used Google Translate?

Here's some of the translated reviews off that site:
I tested the scent strawberry / banana (I began to be disgusting at the end of the pot ...) then I ordered the vanilla fragrance that suits me better ... (makes me think it was the Blédine for baby ) regarding the results I am from 70 to 73 pounds while having a better muscle definition in 2 mois.je going to the bathroom five times a week for a duration of about 1:30 per session
Saye I just order it yesterday, I am of the muscle since 3 years and many people here talking about making this protein dry mass with its looks odd ... I think it depends on the training and number of repetitions I think Finally .. give me your opinion on this product thank you
Delivery meet the rapid chapo Choco tastes wonderful dissolves very well wait Result
All of that makes as much sense to me as the French did.

If anybody manages to find some English product reviews, please feel free to post them. Some of us are curious to learn about this product =D. Some detailed information on its protein content, enzymes in the product, accuracy of the labeling...any of that would be fantastic!
Deal Fanatic
May 16, 2011
5345 posts
7971 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Russell wrote: Have YOU ever used Google Translate?

Here's some of the translated reviews off that site:

All of that makes as much sense to me as the French did.

If anybody manages to find some English product reviews, please feel free to post them. Some of us are curious to learn about this product =D. Some detailed information on its protein content, enzymes in the product, accuracy of the labeling...any of that would be fantastic!
No translation tool is perfect. The Google Translate links are there to help get the gist of the matter.

There are at least 40 reviews there and all in all they make enough sense to compare to the reviews of a relatively-less-reviewed product on BB.com. Additionally, all the 40 odd reviews are all positive reviews.

One can also contact the manufacturer here: http://www.istsports.net/contact.asp
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
4438 posts
1927 upvotes
Vulcan, AB
Nikhilvoid wrote: No translation tool is perfect. The Google Translate links are there to help get the gist of the matter.

There are at least 40 reviews there and all in all they make enough sense to compare to the reviews of a relatively-less-reviewed product on BB.com. Additionally, all the 40 odd reviews are all positive reviews.

One can also contact the manufacturer here: http://www.istsports.net/contact.asp
As I said previously, I am looking for detailed producting information that is not provided by these reviews. I am also seeking unbiased critique of this product, to know whether or not its claims are accurate (as I doubt they are). Neither source you have suggested provides either, which is why I've asked for anybody who finds links to please post them. I would appreciate it.
Deal Fanatic
May 16, 2011
5345 posts
7971 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Russell wrote: I am also seeking unbiased critique of this product, to know whether or not its claims are accurate (as I doubt they are). Neither source you have suggested provides either, which is why I've asked for anybody who finds links to please post them. I would appreciate it.
You assume there are unbiased, professional critics of whey protein products out there. There simply aren't. Nothing really in the way of rigorous testing/benchmarking/etc. that many other products are subject to. We go by manufacturers' claims and "peer-reviewed" taste-ratings.
Deal Addict
May 27, 2007
4672 posts
1941 upvotes
YWG
I dont know if I saw wrong or wasn't paying attention but last I went to Costco, kaizen was at ~$48 for 4.4lb, if so that would be sad day, sad day.
I will confirm tomorrow. Otherwise, I realized since this is concentrate and not isolate, expect their to be filler-like substances and really shouldnt be compared to isolate product that we dearly love. As for the actual protein quality, I can't vouch for it's effectiveness, but I hope there is currently cheaper isolate out there before turning in to the concentrate side!

Next kaizen sale definitely will try to pick up 20 buckets!
RFD iTrader:76|||0
HEATWARE:15|||0
EBAY:220|||0
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2008
1734 posts
403 upvotes
Beradon wrote: Thanks for the info.

Yeah I've been suspicious of these companies and the content they claim to provide. No one really know how much protein you're getting in the product. We could all be drinking the equivalent of chocolate milk powder and be none the wiser. Before spending huge amounts of money on one brand have a sample sent out to a testing laboratory and get it tested for a fee. Could save you hundreds of dollars and lost gains.

If anyone wants to check out the thread it's here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comment ... t_results/
thanks for the 5 hours tangent in my life ill never get back. :facepalm:
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
4438 posts
1927 upvotes
Vulcan, AB
chandans wrote: thanks for the 5 hours tangent in my life ill never get back. :facepalm:
What do you expect from reddit?
Jul 29, 2003
732 posts
36 upvotes
Like I posted earlier in this thread, I can't recommend this protein, strictly on taste alone. I bought the 5 lb vanilla tub a while back, and it's easily the worst tasting protein powder I've had to date. There's barely any taste at all.

Triad wrote: I dont know if I saw wrong or wasn't paying attention but last I went to Costco, kaizen was at ~$48 for 4.4lb, if so that would be sad day, sad day.
I will confirm tomorrow. Otherwise, I realized since this is concentrate and not isolate, expect their to be filler-like substances and really shouldnt be compared to isolate product that we dearly love. As for the actual protein quality, I can't vouch for it's effectiveness, but I hope there is currently cheaper isolate out there before turning in to the concentrate side!

Next kaizen sale definitely will try to pick up 20 buckets!
Yes, I can confirm that is the price. Even the Costco Leanfit brand jumped up in price (it's $38.99 now).
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
746 upvotes
Dildo
Kujo wrote: Like I posted earlier in this thread, I can't recommend this protein, strictly on taste alone. I bought the 5 lb vanilla tub a while back, and it's easily the worst tasting protein powder I've had to date. There's barely any taste at all.
Could you please clarify your experience? On one hand, you say that it's the worst-tasting protein you've tried. On the other hand, you say there's barely any taste at all.

The first one is negative, obviously. Nobody wants a protein that tastes like sludge. This is the subjective "type" of taste. Personally, I hate most chocolate-flavoured mixes I've tried.

The second one is a positive for me. "Barely any taste" indicates to me that it is veering close to my personal ideal of "unflavoured" which is the objective "amount" of taste. I love unflavoured proteins, because I can throw into the blender my own ingredients for taste, such as honey, nuts, banana, etc.

So which one is it? Is it horrible-tasting and makes you want to hurl, or is there a general absence of taste which is neutral?

And I guess I'm rather late in being introduced to Kaizen, but what what the huge appeal with this brand? Awesome bang-for-the-buck?
Jul 29, 2003
732 posts
36 upvotes
CanadaGooseForumAdmin wrote: Could you please clarify your experience? On one hand, you say that it's the worst-tasting protein you've tried. On the other hand, you say there's barely any taste at all.

The first one is negative, obviously. Nobody wants a protein that tastes like sludge. This is the subjective "type" of taste. Personally, I hate most chocolate-flavoured mixes I've tried.

The second one is a positive for me. "Barely any taste" indicates to me that it is veering close to my personal ideal of "unflavoured" which is the objective "amount" of taste. I love unflavoured proteins, because I can throw into the blender my own ingredients for taste, such as honey, nuts, banana, etc.

So which one is it? Is it horrible-tasting and makes you want to hurl, or is there a general absence of taste which is neutral?

And I guess I'm rather late in being introduced to Kaizen, but what what the huge appeal with this brand? Awesome bang-for-the-buck?
To clarify, yeah, I would say the vanilla flavor has a general absence of taste. There is a just a hint of vanilla flavor, and it's kind of bitter. To my taste buds, it's not hurl worthy by any means, but just not something I would buy again. Maybe the other flavors are better.

I know some peeps find the Kaizen Whey Isolate vanilla flavor overly sweet, but I like it. I'm not a fan of the Kaizen chocolate flavor. I would say the bang for the buck is it's biggest appeal. You don't find many whey isolates in that price range.
Deal Fanatic
May 16, 2011
5345 posts
7971 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Okay. So the Canadapost guy finally dropped it off.

The 10lbs bag is a silvery ziplock affair. Will empty it into icecream tubs or Kaizen tubs or something. It comes with a scoop, obviously.

Expiry: February 2015. This is good.

I can comment only on the solubility and the taste.

It tastes great. I got the chocolate one and it tastes less sucralose-y than the Kaizen New Zealand blend I have right now. Rich milk chocolate-y taste. I can't recollect right now what exact chocolate product it reminds me of.

It mixes in a few seconds with milk in the blender (haven't tried to mix it in a shaker).

I haven't thrown up yet. Will update if I do...
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
4438 posts
1927 upvotes
Vulcan, AB
These guys just emailed me a $5 off an order coupon code: 'jun12'
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
746 upvotes
Dildo
Nikhilvoid wrote: The 10lbs bag is a silvery ziplock affair. Will empty it into icecream tubs or Kaizen tubs or something. It comes with a scoop, obviously.
Thanks for the update! What's the advantage of storing it in tubs versus in the original resealable silver bags?
Banned
Dec 25, 2011
271 posts
243 upvotes
MonsieurDeals.com
I'll have to find the scoop :/

I drank my first shake yesterday... not very good (chocolate).

That being said, it taste pretty much the same thing as every other I tried.

I'll try mixing it with milk, maybe that will help (and maybe half a scoop of cocoa).

Also: [IMG]https://origin.ih.constantcontact.com/f ... img/46.jpg[/IMG]
Deal Fanatic
May 16, 2011
5345 posts
7971 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
CanadaGooseForumAdmin wrote: Thanks for the update! What's the advantage of storing it in tubs versus in the original resealable silver bags?
I don't trust ziplock seals.

coz they're so fat and oily and have a stupid moustache and can't speak any language I know...

MaxChart wrote: I'll have to find the scoop :/

I drank my first shake yesterday... not very good (chocolate).

That being said, it taste pretty much the same thing as every other I tried.

I'll try mixing it with milk, maybe that will help (and maybe half a scoop of cocoa).
I do recommend adding milk. I do not, however, recommend adding a very ripe banana.

Also, on my second scoop I realized it doesn't taste that great as I originally thought. I figure I was just surprised back then that it didn't taste like sh*t.

Also, this has a decent, lighter smell than my Kaizen blend. I don't remember what the isolate smells like.

Pity the may and june coupons don't stack. I'd order more.

Edit: I had to put my whole upper arm into the bag to fish the scoop out.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
746 upvotes
Dildo
Do you not save your scoop from your previous powder purchase? I saved a scoop from a meal shake (Living Fuel Super Berry) that has an extra-long handle and I've been using it ever since, washing it in between, so that I don't have to go digging for those short-handled scoops buried at the bottom of the damn canister.

Are the sizes of these plastic scoops the same in every powder you can purchase? My limited experience says yes, being a consumer of Genuine Health, Living Fuel, and now North Coast Naturals, but thought I'd check with you guys too.

I suppose, given the consistent size of the plastic scoops that come in these powdered foods, it's the weight of the product inside the scoop that determines the serving size. For example, one product can have a scoop size of 30g while another can be 40g, yet you are using the same scoop for both.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6104 posts
4783 upvotes
DAMN IT! I could have saved .10 cents!

[QUOTE]Canadianprotein's 3 samples for $1.99+FS. Remember to use "cp102" here too to get "a discount of TEN AMAZING RED CENTS"!! (Thanks to CanadaGooseForumAdmin's post) for pointing out a discount even I had missed. lol.)[/QUOTE]

In all honesty tho the tax kills the deal? or am I wrong?

Image(the "insert image" button does not work for me):
http://imageshack.us/f/641/proteinj.jpg/
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
4482 posts
2024 upvotes
With a fork, it usually takes less then 10sec :)